Old Films you would like to see remade

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
similar thread to the book one.. but which films would you like to see remade into a more upto sdate version with special effects etc.

cple of mine id like to see is.....

Spartacus
The Great Escape
Escape to Victory
Hustler
Bladerunner
Wizard of Oz :)

Dahakon

Fledgling Freddie
NONE!

Whenever any film is remade, it is remade unbelievably craply. I cannot think of one remake that in any way compares to the original.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
tend to agree

remakes these days are often shite

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
Gotta agree mostly with Dahakon. 99 times out of 100 a remake of something is just awful. The odd one occasionally slips through and to be honest I can only think of one right now and that's The Producers. The original with Gene Wilder is superbly funny, and the latest version (based on the musical, but essentially a re-working) is just as funny.

Forfid

Fledgling Freddie
Krull.
80's fantasy story film... the film is awesome with crap special efects... today probably would be great :p

and Dune for the same reasons as above

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Bladerunner doesnt need remade, its cerebal sci-fi, it was good due to the storyline and acting, $10 million dollars of special effects can't hide a bad story and acting, I don't think it can be improved upon tbh.

The Great Escape, how could it be the great escape without Steve McQueen?

"Steve McQueen jumped the first one clean,
But the great escape,
He tried to make,
Was not to be,
Maybe next time, Steve" :)

If I wanted any films remade it would be ones were the original was very disappointing (in comparison to the book)

Like Johnny Mnemonic (needs a lead actor that can act, and preferebly directed by Chris Cunningham)
The Final Program (dismal adaptation)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I disagree on the "remakes are bad m'kay" stuff.

If you like the original, watch it with your 80's loving, "artsy film noir" friends and let those, who don't find the little girl pissing on the floor that good anymore, enjoy some new'er versions of nice stories.

Nothing wrong in remakes, it's a good way to tell a good story again to a wider audience. It's not like you're forced to see the remake of Kazam.

But that's ofcourse just my opinion.

No offense to any wine sipping, cheese farting art lovers ofcourse :D

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
i disagree with peeps saying no remakes... i think its down to how its made to adear is any good or not..

example.. Italian job is a class film "the old one" but i also REALLY enjoyed the remake.

hills have eyes IMO was a good remake also.. and a few more whom names elude me right now. texas chainsaw massacre is another

i do agree tho some films shouldnt be remade.. but i think it all depends on whome is directing/producing and putting the money into the making of it.

yes a lot suck but there are tons of good ones also.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
remakes are useally shit only good remake i know is king kong

georgie

FH is my second home
Day of the triffids, but sticking more to the book. :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
With the piss poor quality of Hollywood remakes these days I don't want anymore remakes thank you.

If I could guarantee a great remake then I would like to see Logan's Run remade and expanded upon.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Plenty enough shit remakes floating around for me, some nice new ideas from the gready bastard film industry wouldnt go amis who knows if they did I might actually concider paying to watch more films.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
old.Tohtori said:
If you like the original, watch it with your 80's loving, "artsy film noir" friends and let those, who don't find the little girl pissing on the floor that good anymore, enjoy some new'er versions of nice stories.

Wha choo talkin about willis?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
not an old film but "Alexander" there is massive scope for a fantastic film here, i mean look at the guys life! amazing and then look at the film....... pile of boring arse gravey.

get greek actors in rather than a partly irish cast (and for the love of god dont make bad american actors try and speak with an irish accent to fit in!!) and dont concentrate on the gloss and glitz concentrate on the actual facts of his life.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Ezteq said:
not an old film but "Alexander" there is massive scope for a fantastic film here, i mean look at the guys life! amazing and then look at the film....... pile of boring arse gravey.

get greek actors in rather than a partly irish cast (and for the love of god dont make bad american actors try and speak with an irish accent to fit in!!) and dont concentrate on the gloss and glitz concentrate on the actual facts of his life.

Historical things like that are always better in books than in films, im huge history man alexander films never portraid the mans power and his ability to how a historically factual book would.
The only good history films that came from actual real event are " Gettysburg" and "Gods and Generals" because the storys where kept 100% to the facts, where as if you look at films like the latest version of the alamo its utter bullshit in terms of the story lines they put in.

Troy another prime example the film is utter bullshit to the actual myth, although the film is really really good its still all bull how the placed the battle in a space of 8 days in the film;) but dont get me wrong still good film.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
think The Thing prolly the best remake done

i'd like to see Warlords of Atlantis redone heh

Digi

Fledgling Freddie
Hum they sould Remake all the shit that come out and the one that are good dont need a Remake but i would say Remake X-men the last stand becuse ......well if you seen it you know what i mean to much happen but nothing went off :eek7: was like let's kill everbody. Was a let down in my eyes

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Agree with most here that the originals are classics.
Watched new Omen yesterday and it's shite compared to original.
However we also watched The Hills Have Eyes remake and it was excellent imo.
Could'nt beleive I saw an advert for a Superman re-make recently :(

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
remakes with a twist !

Edward scissor paws !
Close Encounters of the 5th kind
Meet the Fcukers (revenge of the chavs)

and TV shows they should make a film of

Magnum PI
Knightrider << --- must have the Hoff in it !

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
georgie said:
Your wish is my command. :p

Yeah I know bud, just you never know if Hollywood will do it justice these days, so many half assed remakes and Logan's Run is one of my top 10 all time films. Would kill me if they ruined it.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Dr Strange ! ( yes the marvel superhero, cheezy early 80s film )

Maff

Fledgling Freddie
aye but James McTeigue is going to be directing Logan's run and he's has not to bad a list of things he's been part of
Matrix ok bit of that not the best but the car case and most the fighting seens have been good.
Star wars II, dark city \0/
and we just gloss over his part in making street fighter
so he might be ok in logans run we have to see.

Bladerunner should and i'm sure will never be remade,the book was better but the film dose what it ment to do.

the prob with some that get remade is that people rember the first and just pick falts at times,or when the go to make it make a few to many changes and bolloxs it up.
also depend who you get to fit the lead roles.
imo when it comes to it mabe a some unknows would all ways fit in the a remake better then your not saying "hey its Neo in yet another wooden role" :eek7:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
...the bit in Monty Python's "Meaning of Life" where the guy is being chased by a load of topless women with their boobies jiggling about...

well, I think they should make a 90 min film on that...:D

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
I would like to see 'Gone with the Wind' remake, and as we all know, no remakes are an exactly copy of the original so I suggest some aliens can abduce Scarlet O'Hara muahahaha must be cool, dont u think so? :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom