OK, this whole 'selling drops for cash' thing has got way out of hand

R

raithian

i have to agree with starting thread to enter a lotto with the sol idea of o that items sells for alot ill claim it and sell it is bullshit

but if i person claims a drop and then someone offers him/her stupid money for it that i dont have a problem its only those ppl who claim items to sell regarless if thay need.
i could name someone from last nights tg who posted wts as soon as he got the drop(within 3 mins of wining it was for sale on bw) as a result that person has been told he is not welcome on any future tg raids i run there was ppl there who needed that item and wanted to use it this person did not want or need but seen the money bell ringing.
that is what svartmetall is talking about the ppl who claim an item soly to sell and have no intention or needed that drop in the first place

K

kathal_tdd

If I was on a TG raid and there were NOTHING I could use, but there were an item my guild m8/friend wanted, I would roll for that. I don't think I ever will be in a situation where I’m on a raid where there is nothing me or my friends wanted.
I give to friends and sell to strangers.
If one in my guild needs a respec stone we gather a FG and go to a DR. If we get more stones we ask in the guild if anyone need one. If not, what should we do? Save them till for the nerf bat hits you or sell them?

But joining a raid just for the money is stupid imo. There are lots of places to farm better than on TG/DR. (Still ppl's own choice though)

The idea of +10 on next raid if you don't roll would solve a lot of these problems imo.

K

kaod

Re: Re: Re: OK, this whole 'selling drops for cash' thing has got way out of hand

Originally posted by svartmetall
Show me where I was 'crying' in that post, please? Show me where I mention an item I was after?

Not in that post but:

http://forums.barrysworld.com/newreply.php?action=newreply&postid=1113759
Hmm...you need a tank? I got sick of going on raids and NEVER geting any drops, then seeing drops I would have liked being sold for rip-off prices...

This qualifies.

D

-Dreama-

Originally posted by zaberhut

Time is money, TG raid usually = 3hours or so, nuff said imo

Altough i can agree with the prices they are way to high...wonder if that has something to do with the fact that they are kinda rare ?!?!

Organize more TG raids and the prices will drop eventually.

It's a GAME, so NO time is not money, time is fun. Or at læeast that's how it should be.

R

Randalff

nothing wrong with it... ppl need to save up cash for sc suit and crafted weapons. with selling drops they will be able to do so, and will be able to keep the crafters at work. SC'ers and alchemists will continue to do there job aswell... go lear economics m8... taking away 1 thing will result in losing more then u can imagine

/edit
that /as WTS WTB is annoying though, can't disagree with that

K

kathal_tdd

Originally posted by -Dreama-
It's a GAME, so NO time is not money, time is fun. Or at læeast that's how it should be.

LOL.
In some games you need resources. DAoC is one of them.
Gold/Items are the resources in DAoC and it takes time to get. It’s not fun to get it, but you have to do it to be able to something in the game.
Time = Resources (gold) (for those who need it)
Or do you run around with the best random drops you got purely from XPing??

A

agon

i totally disagree with you svartmetall, except that ppl shouldn't roll for an item they won't use. but no one can stop it so why even bother?

i'd much rather spend my time on farming seals in DF and BUY what I need, than to go on a raid with 90ppl and hope to be lucky (because fortuna never smiles at me) (even though it can be fun on raids sometimes)
I for one am glad that ppl sell stuff, it gives me a chance to finally get that item I've been looking so long for.. after countless raids without any item, wohoooo..

now, make those countless raids to hours and you will maybe notice that time is money (imagine if I had been in DF all that time)

W

Weeping Willow

That's one of the fun parts in a MMORPG, you can either go farm the items you want or you can buy them.

A

agon

That's entirely different...he lotto'd for an item he needed, after which it's up to him. He didn't lotto for it with the INTENTION only of selling it.
I would suggest that someone who can offer 15 Plat - a HUGE sum to most players - for one drop has more money than sense.

i could offer everything i had for 1 drop if i really needed it.
who cares about money, you can only do one thing with them - buy stuff. so how much ppl offer is irrelevant in this matter

C

chosen

Re: Re: Re: OK, this whole 'selling drops for cash' thing has got way out of hand

No, I give it away. Again, why wouldn't I?

because u need the money for maybe MP set(if chain almost 20p) then MP 2h wpn around 3p then SC some p and alch ?

P

piggeman

I have a TG pair of Bonedancer gloves and TG bracer that I'd like to swap for a TG axe.
Can you give me your TG pair of Bonedancer gloves? I mean .. you don't need them! Plz?

S

sazard

Its not greed

its demand.....

and you cannot compare low level items to TG drops. Everyone wants TG drops, thus the demand, and people will pay for it.

Simple business.

G

Gorb

But you pay for the time tou play, so time infact is money.

D

Denisée

Normaly people join those
ffa raids (sometime limited groups) for drops he or a friend need. If it don't drop he might roll for another one.

That is plain simply wrong, we need a better system. Yet again this might be hard cause there is not often there is just one person who stands for the raids, many wanna try.
ie. Raithian have been great on making sevral public raids, the respond have been somewhat different depending who they were

Also when people vote it should not be so u can vote for an item ur class can use, but instead u can only vote for item's your specced for and will use.

Sure it is posible to solo/duo almost every mob in TG but how that is sorted is something else. (Just look at Bouh, I'll bet he is camping few mobs in TG). It isn't actually hard to do this, but the common player will not manage therefor go to public raids. And then mabe lose an item he have been looking for a long time simply because the other that voted for it wanted to trade it.

Atm I don't go on public raids if they are not aiming to kill the King and Queen in TG. Simply because it isn't worth the time since it is posible to buy it after the TG raid thanks to the corrupt system. I'll rather go farm while others in TG and by the time they come back I'll have the cash to buy the item I want if it dropped. TG is very easy compared to the hib/alb version, TG drops ain't actually 'rare' if you compare and still the prices are skyhigh for the common player.

L

luin

....dont u ppl remember the days when money was worthless and ppl traded drops instead of sold? when money was worthless?

I say its good now that money is worth something!! if sum1 wothout SI wants a tg weop, HE CAN BUY, or if sum1 wants a rare quest drop, why shouldnt they buy it??

It makes evrything run fluidly, work for cash, then spend cash.... doesnt that work better? since u can go on 1000 tg raids and not get the weopon u want.

I think u got it wrong, this trading is a good thing

K

kaod

Originally posted by Denisée
Also when people vote it should not be so u can vote for an item ur class can use, but instead u can only vote for item's your specced for and will use.

How does that work with Dragon Stones then?

E

etcetra

Think we'll make a rule against the WTB & WTS thingy in the WR Alliance.

K

knackor(MID)

i see how svartmetall has the 'talks too much'

I

infozwerg

so i want that agnmunds foeslayer everyone talks about for my warrior.

i go on a tg raid. no foeslayer.

nevermind, next tuesday is another raid. no foeslayer.

again next week. no drop.

next raid, no drop.

but then! after only 4 weeks of going on raids that totally bore me, foeslayer drops. YAY! guess what, i loose the lotto to some noob thats not even rr3 and will use it once a week for half an hour to hit blue mobs with.

time invested: almost as much as a week at work. fun: as much as you can get by pressing /assist MA, stick, spam draw out for hours. gain: zero.

mind you, a week at work gets you at least 300 EUR.

K

kathal_tdd

Originally posted by etcetra
Our /as is 95% RvR related(Not Emain). Well we had a ding44 a few days ago :)
I think most of the spam in the LFoM /as is mt, so not a problem.
GMs are gr8 at letting their guild m8s know when they crossed the line.

I

iziz

The Last Watch on pryd/alb run a Caer Sidi raid a couple of times a week and have come up with the following rules (which are what a few people have hinted at...)

http://www.thelastwatch.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1373

Basically you have to be level 50 and you have to be able to use the item that you're rolling for. At the end of the raid you do a random 100 for the item(s) you want, although you can only win 1 per raid. If you don't win anything you get a modifier of +10 to add to your random 100 for the next raid, and if you win something, your modifier gets reset. This means that someone who regularly attends raids will get something in the end.

Any items left after a raid are stored in a sort of shop (as no-one might want the item or no class is there that can use it). You are then able to 'buy' items using your modifier from this shop... or you can trade for one of the items using another drop from sidi.

You are banned from any future raids if you are caught selling or trading the item. However if you later find out that you can't use the item (spellcraft setups change etc), like I said, you can trade it for a different one in the shop.

Overall the system works fairly well as it's the people that are going to use the items actually get them. If mid was to do the same here however it would need a regular group or guild to do it like this. It does take a lot of time to sort out and you do need someone who everyone can trust in handling the modifiers, and will be there raid after raid.

The only thing that I don't think works as well as it should is the no trade rule. Because of it you could be banned from future raids for giving a drop to your friend (even if you have no use for it and he/she does) because you think he/she is more deserving of it than some random person who buys it in the shop. It ends up being a better option to let it waste away in your vault. Otherwise the system works great. :)

N

noaim

Originally posted by etcetra

Make a rule against all the fucking "take that somewhere else plz" intead, cause thats what always causes spam.

If everyone could just stfu on /as and PM whoever wantedto buy/sell something, it wouldnt be a problem.

I

iziz

oh... and I'm also going to stick my neck out here and say I agree (to an extent!) with svartmetall, even though he seems to have hit a nerve with a lot of people :p

Fair enough - if someone farms items in their own time, sell away. However, if you're in a group that gets an item, you give the item to the person that the item is suited for if you can't use it. You don't say, give me xxx gold for the item because I was the lucky one who picked it up. (and if you do there's something wrong with you :p)

A raid is just an extension of a group. It takes lots of you to do it, so the items should go to the people who need it rather than the people who make money off it, just like you would if you're in a group. It goes both ways... the people who need the item are often going to be the people that have been there time and time before helping you get the items that you will need.

You should never go on a raid thinking you'll make money, just like you should never go on a raid thinking you'll make lots of xp. (although you often can - but you should always go with the expectation that you will die - and often!). Raids are there for the challenge and the items, otherwise they wouldn't be level 50 dungeons in the first place.

G

Georg Granfeldt

first off I totaly agree what Svartmetall says here.

The never ending me me me thinking is getting abit out of hand.

I starting to :puke: over the game.

and the Game are a Game not a work but as I see it much of you
who defend the other view are in game 12 -18 hours each day.

I guess you have no work and some of you are socialtakers to

I know now why my tax are so high I must pay others to play games + their food and rent..

R

raithian

have been looking at the +10 thing for tg lottos but the big problem is keeping a record of those that will have the +10 if like last sundays there was 45 drops 17 stones and 15 fg 63 items so 57 ppl got nothing anyone willing to copy those 57 names down.
as for my raids out of the 5 - fg i take only maybe 3 fg go to more than 1 raid in the week other 2-3 fg changed every raid but me and bjorne have come up with an idea we will be trying tonight and we hope it is a step in the right direction

basicly we trying this

first round lvl 48+ chars on raid going for items that thay can use as the char is on the raid(so no o ill respec if i get sword) if you cant use there and then you dont go for it
secoud round any lvl 48+ alt that belongs to a lvl 48+ who is on raid ( no lvl 44 roling for a lvl 50 alt) if he wanted an item for that char then he should have brought that char
if anythig remain then round 3 any item for any lvl 48+ for any one on raid.
and if anything still left gets added to next tg raid as ill the 2 drops from wednesdays.

but if i find out someone lottos for an item just to sell it thinkkig o thats worth a shit load of gold then thay will suffer the same fate as the member from np did after wednesday raid and will not be included in any future tg raids that persone claimed a nice item that a few said thay needed for templates he then promtly did a wts on bw before the lotto had even finished

Users who are viewing this thread