Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Uber Cr4p... still b0rked!!!

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
As per the title, and similar to previous poll.... for users with a SE headstart key, how was your registration and game start... please note that this is NOT about server queues or about the special items for headstart where GOA have said they gave the emails a low priority, it's about getting your account activated to be able to play!

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
how can being able to play have nowt to do with Queues? registering the codes was fine and smooth for many but most are queuing and THIS is affecting thier play.

This poll is about registration, not about queues, that is a different subject :twak:

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fear my uber quote skills ;)

Lefthand

Fledgling Freddie
It was very smooth for me. I did register a few hours after it was possible so I probably missed out the big crowd. It took just a few minutes to get a reply. Same with the ingame item code. When I logged in I could go to a mailbox and pick up the items. I was positively surprised how well it worked.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well I was travelling to work when the registration came up, but around 9:30 BST I entered my code first time and got a mail within a couple of minutes :)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Duh.

Silly Jup, there arent 100 threads of 100+ posts each calling for the immediate execution of everyone associated with GOA - you figure it out ;)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Very smooth indeed minutes between registration and the keys being received.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
No trouble for me. Only hiccup was remembering which email account I had used when originally registering :)

Zagzyg

Loyal Freddie
No real problems.
The email and links provided by email were not specific, and it was a bit confusing figuring out where to go to enter the codes.

It's annoying that I have to copy/paste the codes 1 piece at a time, instead of the whole code in one go.

I received the activation email quite quickly, within a minute or so, and was in the game straight after.

I got the strange email for the bonus items about 24 hours after, but given the history of GOA, I didn't panic at the strange message, and I received my 2 items via mail in game last night.

Drav

Loyal Freddie
Fine here on the one headstart key I actually got from EA, still waiting on two more tho :/

Tiawhyn

Fledgling Freddie
Open beta was a disaster (obviously). Was waiting on me SE keys from direct2drive. Got them, went to the WAR site and validated the keys. Received the mail minutes later and was playing five minutes later :D Smooth sailing so GOA actually paid attention to the mess they made and came through.

So yay Goa

Oops...did i say that last bit out loud ? :twak:

Old-Ironclaw

Fledgling Freddie
I registered headstart code ok, but made a mistake with item code. Got a 'fail' email, and resubmitted several times in last 24 hours - but no email, and now I am in game, no items in mail.

It was the same page as headstart validation for items I trust?

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
I had no problem with the activation it was almost instant. the only thing is the third key I got for the game exclusive item wont be accepted by the site.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
gifv "I'm not on the SE headstart but I need to vote some way or other" option...

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Hey Jup - wot server you on mate? :)

Once I'd gotten over user error - very smooth. Pleasantly surprised would be the best way to describe my experiences :)

M

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hey Jup - wot server you on mate? :)

Once I'd gotten over user error - very smooth. Pleasantly surprised would be the best way to describe my experiences :)

M

See your post in the other thread, dummy :p

(Hirn, Destruction... if you want a guild I may have one you can join!)

Trottimus

Fledgling Freddie
Decided to buy the game!

Got it from Direct2Drive as they had headstart keys left.

Unfortunately, I tried validating my key like 2 hours ago. Still nothing yet :(

Trottimus

Fledgling Freddie
Ignore what I just said...

I was a fool, used the wrong login name to try and activate an account.

After checking my other email address, I had an email from GOA saying it wasn't activated blah blah.

So I used my correct login for the correct email address, and in under a minute, bingo, I'm activated!

:D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
random question - do you drink Tennents, despite being from Somerset?

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
I couldn't use my CB/OB account for some reason, so I had to make a new one. After that I encountered no problems at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom