[QUESTION] Ok, this time SE headstart keys feedback

Discussion in 'Warhammer' started by Jupitus, Sep 16, 2008.

How was the SE HS registration for YOU?

1. Credit where it's due, very smooth!

53 vote(s)
    79.1%
  2. Flaky flaky, but I got in at last

12 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. Uber Cr4p... still b0rked!!!

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Jupitus

Jupitus Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy! Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

As per the title, and similar to previous poll.... for users with a SE headstart key, how was your registration and game start... please note that this is NOT about server queues or about the special items for headstart where GOA have said they gave the emails a low priority, it's about getting your account activated to be able to play!

2. bronnac

bronnac Fledgling Freddie

no Probs here

3. Jupitus

Jupitus Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy! Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

This poll is about registration, not about queues, that is a different subject :twak:

4. Jupitus

Fear my uber quote skills ;)

5. Lefthand

Lefthand Fledgling Freddie

It was very smooth for me. I did register a few hours after it was possible so I probably missed out the big crowd. It took just a few minutes to get a reply. Same with the ingame item code. When I logged in I could go to a mailbox and pick up the items. I was positively surprised how well it worked.

6. Jupitus

Well I was travelling to work when the registration came up, but around 9:30 BST I entered my code first time and got a mail within a couple of minutes :)

7. Draylor

Draylor Part of the furniture

Duh.

Silly Jup, there arent 100 threads of 100+ posts each calling for the immediate execution of everyone associated with GOA - you figure it out ;)

8. Calaen

Calaen I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!

Very smooth indeed minutes between registration and the keys being received.

9. Granpa

Granpa Fledgling Freddie

Great for me waited 5 mins max....

10. Roo Stercogburn

Roo Stercogburn Resident Freddy

No trouble for me. Only hiccup was remembering which email account I had used when originally registering :)

11. Zagzyg

Zagzyg Regular Freddie

No real problems.
    The email and links provided by email were not specific, and it was a bit confusing figuring out where to go to enter the codes.

It's annoying that I have to copy/paste the codes 1 piece at a time, instead of the whole code in one go.

I received the activation email quite quickly, within a minute or so, and was in the game straight after.

I got the strange email for the bonus items about 24 hours after, but given the history of GOA, I didn't panic at the strange message, and I received my 2 items via mail in game last night.

12. Drav

Drav Loyal Freddie

Fine here on the one headstart key I actually got from EA, still waiting on two more tho :/

13. Tiawhyn

Tiawhyn Fledgling Freddie

Open beta was a disaster (obviously). Was waiting on me SE keys from direct2drive. Got them, went to the WAR site and validated the keys. Received the mail minutes later and was playing five minutes later :D Smooth sailing so GOA actually paid attention to the mess they made and came through.

So yay Goa

Oops...did i say that last bit out loud ? :twak:

14. Old-Ironclaw

Old-Ironclaw Fledgling Freddie

I registered headstart code ok, but made a mistake with item code. Got a 'fail' email, and resubmitted several times in last 24 hours - but no email, and now I am in game, no items in mail.

It was the same page as headstart validation for items I trust?

15. caswallawn

caswallawn Fledgling Freddie

I had no problem with the activation it was almost instant. the only thing is the third key I got for the game exclusive item wont be accepted by the site.

16. Flimgoblin

Flimgoblin It's my birthday today!

gifv "I'm not on the SE headstart but I need to vote some way or other" option...

17. `mongoose

`mongoose One of Freddy's beloved

Hey Jup - wot server you on mate? :)

Once I'd gotten over user error - very smooth. Pleasantly surprised would be the best way to describe my experiences :)

M

18. Jupitus

See your post in the other thread, dummy :p

(Hirn, Destruction... if you want a guild I may have one you can join!)

19. Trottimus

Trottimus Fledgling Freddie

Decided to buy the game!

Got it from Direct2Drive as they had headstart keys left.

Unfortunately, I tried validating my key like 2 hours ago. Still nothing yet :(

20. Trottimus

Trottimus Fledgling Freddie

Ignore what I just said...

I was a fool, used the wrong login name to try and activate an account.

After checking my other email address, I had an email from GOA saying it wasn't activated blah blah.

So I used my correct login for the correct email address, and in under a minute, bingo, I'm activated!

:D

21. Flimgoblin

Flimgoblin It's my birthday today!

random question - do you drink Tennents, despite being from Somerset?

22. Jimmi

Jimmi Fledgling Freddie

I couldn't use my CB/OB account for some reason, so I had to make a new one. After that I encountered no problems at all.