OK, Fess up, what incredibly stupid things have you done in DAOC?

D

danskmacabre

All of us must have done some really dumb things that may or may not have got you killed?

Last night I did as such.

Actually, it was the the whole team that did it, so it seems the average intelligence level goes down the more people are in a group.

Anyway, the story.

There was 8 of us.
around 8th to 11 level range.

We decided it would be a good idea to assault a Bandit camp not too far from us.
That was a good idea.

We started by having the archer pulling Bandits 1 or 2 at a time.
Also a good idea.

Then other groups started turning up and pretty soon the whole camp was cleared out.

The the stupidity started.
We decided to move the party inside the camp and bash the bandits as they appeared.
Of course the inevitable happened.
As we were bashing the few bandits that were in there, lots of other ones started reappearing in their spawn points, and since we were in the middle of all of the spawn points, we were completely mobbed and wiped out by many Bandits..
Imagine our surprise as we were systematically all killed by hordes of Bandits.

Imagine our embarrassment when we realised our horrible mistake...:D

so, I've come clean, now fess up your dumb acts..

G

granny

Dumbest thing I did was...

... sign up for a 6 month subscription... D'OH!

D

danskmacabre

Ow...I'm feeling quite a bit of Negativity here...;)

D

danskmacabre

Why do you now regret getting the game?
Because of the delayed patches?

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
Addiction :[

I hear you...
The last time I was as addicted to a pc game as much as this one was Diablo 2 and before that Unreal tournament..

Oh well, another addiction to wean myself off...:D

A

Alrindel

Joined battle with an orange con middie in Mount Collory - got the drop on him and drew my bow (destealthing)... but it didn't fire. He saw me, ran towards me, began melee and I still hadn't fired a shot. Went into combat mode with him as he was hacking away at me, while I stood there like an idiot with my weapons out but not fighting back.

After I was dead, I scrolled back to discover that I had never had him targeted at all, but had been trying the entire time to kill the gravestone that he had been standing next to when I first spotted him. oops! :rolleyes:

A

Anatole

One time I dd'd a water beetle and then pressed F6 to attack it and left the pc for a sec to check something.... when I came back I was dead!

As it turned out I must of pressed F7 at the same time as F6 cos all the time I'd been viciously attacking a water beetle leg someone had left, while the beetle happily munched on my leg.... doh!

F

Fafnir

Hmmmmmm....

Only thing i recall is when i logged in at hmg in Odin, when the hibs where on the way to Bledmeer to take it, i had a nice run with them all the way up to the keep and then i dashed inside. Pity they took it, anyway...

Ohhhh, massed pull thralls with my ae spell one time, as i was goin to kill a snake, wrong hotbar..

I

inqy

oh yes the wrong quickbar. thats a classic mistake.

In a brief attempt to mez an add, nuked insead. Ooooh shit.

O

old.smurflord

Once tried to beat a troll to death with my crossbow. :D

O

old.Hendrick

crafters classics:
dropping ten fine alloy longswords to the ground, salvaging two and wondering where the other eight went...

crafters classic 2:
Trying to kill enemy by crafting a shortsword hilt

G

Gef

One drunken Saturday night, nice group at Tanglers in Lyoness. We were waiting on someone to come join us. Not really knowing how tough they were, I suggested pulling a 'bone snapper'. For all who dont know they are those huge crab things. Couple of people laughed, still no one said no, Enflo started to cast a spell, I lined up a shot and hit the auto fire key .. Enflo cancelled his spell... You can guess the rest, we didnt even dent it.

Ah well you live and learn ;)

S

Shamarinor

Originally posted by old.Gef

In one hit ;)

I dont think it even hit you, you must have died of fright as it got close ;)

I actually survived that encounter by stealthing away, was a massacre ;) and drunken Gef was never allowed to pull again :)

L

Lydek

bone snappers don't hit that hard, but they do take an incredibly long time to kill :) Seem to have hps like a door.

Managed something quite impressively stupid on my lvl 9 fire wizzie alt last night. I was checking out the new spec line bolts on a blue con carrion drake. Fired off my bolts and left the drake with pretty much no health. Started to cast a dd and wandered afk assuming it would finish the drake. The drake died but not before it yelled for help and its mate killed me while I just stood there... oops :)

O

old.mattshanes

tried to take a bonesnapper to cornwall station :eek6: and also tried to tank greater telemons the other day hehe when i am a theurgist :D

J

Javai

Well the wrong quickbar gets me often since for some stupid reason I have charm and AoE mezz on same slot on different bars....but best was discovering that my spec line debuffs were AoE....unfortunately was in Mithra at the time and pulled a whole damn corridor :rolleyes:

S

Shamarinor

I managed to use my aoe root on nymphs by accident when i was soloing with my theurgist and ended up with 10 nymphs chasing me around the plains.:clap:

G

Gef

Originally posted by Shamarinor

I dont think it even hit you, you must have died of fright as it got close ;)

I actually survived that encounter by stealthing away, was a massacre ;) and drunken Gef was never allowed to pull again :)

Haha Sham I bet you were half way across Lyoness before I released my shot;)

S

Shamarinor

Haha Sham I bet you were half way across Lyoness before I released my shot;)

Damn right i was, i know what your pulling reputation is ;)

A

Ardwan

Originally posted by danskmacabre

I hear you...
The last time I was as addicted to a pc game as much as this one was... Unreal tournament..

You're not by any chance the danskmacabre from the GTF??

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by Ardwan

You're not by any chance the danskmacabre from the GTF??

I am...who are you ?, or were/are you at the gtf?

S

Shamarinor

I rule and you know it :p

LOL, you do realise that your rank of Mass Slaughterer refers to players and not mobs.........:D

A

Ardwan

Originally posted by danskmacabre

I am...who are you ?, or were/are you at the gtf?

P@nd0ra, probably don't remember me as I haven't posted much since the move to Tcom, and the beta test of DAoC :)

One of the funniest things I have seen was when my group was killing pikemen in Lyonesse, and then one of em says "I'll take em from the high ground" and proceeds to walk up the hill to the side....where about 20 pygmy goblins live...which we thought he knew, but soon found out he didn't, and we all had a nice run to cornwall station with almost the whole gobbo hill after us :)

G

Gef

Originally posted by Shamarinor

LOL, you do realise that your rank of Mass Slaughterer refers to players and not mobs.........:D

Shh you will give me a bad name .. honest folks i'm the best mob puller in town!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom