Oi! Where's my fucking thread?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not being funny, but deleting threads, that others have given a "funny", is pretty much poor form.

Or has Freddyshouse become a bastion of not-allowed-to-be-funny-anymore? :eek:

Punishment

Resident Freddy
1341289944523.gif

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Pitchforks! Pitchforks! Get your pitchforks here! One pund or two for 1p50!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
You wanted the Revolution, the Revolution is in, Jup is now supreme leader, Deebs has been deported to Mali, shame Jup is as bad as Deebs :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Didn't make me laugh at all, so I nuked it.
what a shit way to run things

Yup.

Thread was something like:
[Sex] The General Thread

In keeping with the current trend I figured we'd roll the whole forum up into this thread.

For those pissy about names we can call it the front room thread, but I was kinda shooting for something more highbrow

:D

:)

To me that was a nice gentle poke-some-fun-at-current-trends with tongue-in-cheek humour thread. Megadave had already rated it as funny.

I'd like an explanation other than "didn't make me laugh" Jupitus . That's clearly some pretty shitty modding right there. It's not your job to moderate on quality.
So we're exercising quality control now? In that case we're all fucked.
This can't be true?

"Apparently so" and "yes".

I'm genuinely sat here now wondering if Jup is going to weild his mod-stick and either delete this post, this thread or apply a ban for me having the temerity to question him. Which is exactly what Freddyshouse is NOT supposed to be like and never has.

I'm really tempted to to moan to high heaven in a pissy and childish toys-out-of-the-pram over-reaction way. Apart from I don't think that'd be an overreaction.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Whilst there's nothing to your thread, it then spawned an "off topic" counterpart (again with nothing to it).

This general / off topic stuff always starts off tongue in cheek then turns into a bitching party.

The merge was done, everyone needs to man the fuck up and deal with it.

Hopefully Jup totally ignores you and/or calls you names :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Whilst there's nothing to your thread, it then spawned an "off topic" counterpart (again with nothing to it).

This general / off topic stuff always starts off tongue in cheek then turns into a bitching party.

The merge was done, everyone needs to man the fuck up and deal with it.

Hopefully Jup totally ignores you and/or calls you names :p

Actually - the thread was a direct comment on this situation:
The fact we have a thread for every fucking blanket topic now.
This, it's boring, start a new thread revolution!

I consider that to be chock-full of irony, btw. Alanis Morissette take note.

The fact that the opportunity arose to have a tongue-in-cheek poke at "the merge" was completely secondary.

Frankly, and in all seriousness, "the merge" is quickly becoming a taboo subject. Oh noes! Don't mention "the merge"!1! It'll get your thread nuked even if it's only a tongue in cheek quip... IMO, mods should either leave those posts alone or someone needs to amend the CoC to include "Don't Mention The Merge" in a Fawlty Towers stylee.

But, as I said, completely secondary. The thread was a comment on what you yourself have commented on previously - and me and others too.

I respectfully submit to you, sir, that I think in this case Jupitus got his modstick wrong - and your support of his decision, in this case, is misplaced.

Last edited:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Thank you, kind sir, for your support.

Well to be serious i've always looked at it like this;

Mods are people like anyone else, mods have off days and good days(thank f*ck for that), but at the end of the day we are in Deebs house and mods are the enforcers of his will. If a mod steps out of line, Deebs will deal with it and if not, then it's how it is.

In short; i understand the annoyance, but this is not a democrazy ;)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
*whining and moaning*
Quoting me in one post which I made before even seeing this thread, the "missing" threads, etc. makes you "irony" comment somewhat mute.

Fucking lol @ "taboo subject", seriously? It's not taboo, it's just old hat and boring as fuck. It's like listening to England football fans bang on about how we won the world cup in 1966, we've not done anything since, get the fuck over it and stop living in the past.

By the by I didn't say I agree or disagree with Jupitus just that people need to get over general / off topic and that hopefully Jup totally ignores you and/or calls you names :p

At the end of the day Deebs trusts Juptius with the modstick, he used it, once again it's a situation of "deal with it". Unless he's about to post to the contrary I don't see Overdriven jumping up and down?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
what makes this really funny is due to people i have on ignore, theres lots of people making even less sense than usual :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fucking lol @ "taboo subject", seriously? It's not taboo, it's just old hat and boring as fuck.

I disagree. It's obviously taboo if it gets a thread about another subject deleted simply because there's a slight whiff of merge going on.

I personally don't give a fuck about "The Merge"(TM), as it shall from now on be known, and the thread wasn't about that.

The thread was about the current trend for one size fits all threads that are dominating the forum. Not "The Merge"(TM).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom