oh ye weather gods

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well being on them during the height of the heat/UV on Monday, taking their pets, not using enough sunscreen, burying those shitty throw away BBQs, leaving rubbish, etc.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Got a few 2ltr bottles of water in the freezer to stick in front of fans. Amazing the difference it makes.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well being on them during the height of the heat/UV on Monday, taking their pets, not using enough sunscreen, burying those shitty throw away BBQs, leaving rubbish, etc.
You're such a grumpy git.

Most people are perfectly responsible and clean up after themselves.

And 40 degrees is no biggie for large parts of the world. - or do only stupid people go on holiday.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just a disagree? You're saying most people aren't responsible? And only stupid people go on holiday to hot places?

Better ring my mate to tell him he's dumb. It's fucking hot in Thailand.

georgie

FH is my second home

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I said "most" (but who'd live down south anyway? - it's grim down there!) :)

What "infrastructure" do you need tho? If it's hot it's hot. Thailand has no better infrastructure than we do - take some water with you. Job jobbed.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I need to figure out when the best time to shut the windows is. I've never actually done it before in the UK as it seems counter productive, reckon I will tomorrow for the predicted 40 degrees.

Also wish me luck in keeping my 12 year old rabbit alive :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Move the rabbit inside, into the coolest room of the house.

As for windows. Shut the ones facing the sun, open the ones away from the sun (East to West)

Gwadien

Move the rabbit inside, into the coolest room of the house.

As for windows. Shut the ones facing the sun, open the ones away from the sun (East to West)

He lives inside anyway, put him in the lounge with an ancient air con machine.

Meanwhile I'm doing the £10 Argos fan thing..

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
He lives inside anyway, put him in the lounge with an ancient air con machine.

Meanwhile I'm doing the £10 Argos fan thing..

Stick some water in a bottle, freeze it, stick it in front of cheap fan. Don't fill the bottle though, water expands when frozen.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
And 40 degrees is no biggie for large parts of the world. - or do only stupid people go on holiday.

If they go on holiday to sit on the beach in 40 degree heat...yeah, stupid as fuck. But I've always thought that; I hate beaches. I like the sea, but sand? Fuck off. Unfortunately I live right next to the beach so I kind of have to go, but I won't even consider sunbathing or any of that shit, straight in the water and stay there.

And most people in countries that regularly hit 40 degrees tend to avoid going out in it as much as they can. "Mad dogs and Englishmen" was an accurate observation.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
already melting, 25.5C at 8.58.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If they go on holiday to sit on the beach in 40 degree heat...yeah, stupid as fuck. But I've always thought that; I hate beaches. I like the sea, but sand? Fuck off. Unfortunately I live right next to the beach so I kind of have to go, but I won't even consider sunbathing or any of that shit, straight in the water and stay there.

And most people in countries that regularly hit 40 degrees tend to avoid going out in it as much as they can. "Mad dogs and Englishmen" was an accurate observation.
Agree. It's a mental abberation to sit on a beach doing fuck all IMO. Hence the kayaking, fishing, snorkelling, swimming etc. etc. But I do love the beach - adore it - and aren't in the least bit bothered by the sand - however, sitting on the sand is for when you're having lunch, dinner or a fire at the end of the night with a few beers. (All responsible, ofc, with full take-home and clear up).

The o/h has bought a paddling pool - she was really upset yesterday when I said (without malice) that I find them boring as fuck in the same way I find sitting on the beach boring as fuck. I'm a doer - not a sit-down passive observer.

Mad dogs and Englishmen was indeed accurate - but to be fair to the englishmen - when you come from a country that is cloudy nearly all the time it's so different to have the feeling of the sun on your skin that you can't really blame humans for grabbing every opportunity.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Thank fuck for an air-conditioned office and 400 year old, properly insulated house. That 5 minute commute was brutal.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Although our house is insulated due to COVID we've kept all the doors and windows open this is has got warm inside.

Gwadien

Just ordered food and some Asian lad on a bike delivered it wearing a hoodie, fucking nutter.

I offered him water and he gave me a tiny panda pop type bottle so I gave him a pint in a glass, he demolished it in a millisecond.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Knocked work on the head. Walked down to the river conwy, went for a swim, ate a sandwich.

Small victory :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Record broken, although raining here in North Devon at the moment.

BTW Anyone know what happened to Tdc?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Car said it was 38 (not always accurate) on my way home from the office just now and still climbing.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
My car reckoned it was 37 degrees on the way to the shop, and when I got home I pointed a radar thermometer at my testicles. It read 36.4.

It is officially hotter than balls.

Slight concern about the cat as he won't stay inside, but other than that - beautiful. Shame it's raining tomorrow :/

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Weather has just broke here; massive thunderstorm going on over Dublin right now.

Internet went bang as well - on 4G now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom