oh ye weather gods

Embattle

FH is my second home
Our system is set to only come on for a few hours in the morning and evening if required, we mainly control the temperature by just closing our windows earlier in the morning/afternoon.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Big-assed storm hitting Ireland at the moment. Isn't supposed to hit Dublin until this afternoon but shit is flying all over the place already

Wij

I am a FH squatter
No storm here but it is cold and my central heating has stopped working.

I’ve got FH5 doing a 3 hour race on auto-drive in my office to get some heat.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Getting blowy here. The spark who was supposed to come and plumb in wiring so I can run my house off a backup generator still hasn't done his shit. So I'm in fear of more tree falls.

To be fair, I'm more in fear of losing the mobile mast again. If internet goes down I don't get paid. I don't mind being cold, but I hate not getting paid :eek:

Embattle

FH is my second home
Big-assed storm hitting Ireland at the moment. Isn't supposed to hit Dublin until this afternoon but shit is flying all over the place already

It isn't massively windy yet in North Devon but our Christmas Penguins have faceplanted the grass :p

Tesla Powerwall has gone into Storm watch mode as well.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
13 when I popped out to the shop this morning. madness.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
We are going to end up with grey 17c days all year round together with torrential rain.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fucksake, not looking forward to next Mon/Tue.

Red weather warning issued now.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm tempted to phone in sick. Looks great :)

Shame it's not going to carry on into next weekend - I've got a boozy pissup weekend planned.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm tempted to phone in sick. Looks great :)

Shame it's not going to carry on into next weekend - I've got a boozy pissup weekend planned.

I don't understand why you'd want to do anything in 37 degrees.

Past couple of days has been perfect weather for doing shit, warm, but breeeeeeeeeeezy

Embattle

FH is my second home

Red weather warning issued now.

Least it is a little bit lower down here by about 5 degrees, although at the hottest part of the day I will be sitting in a hospital ;)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
My holidays have just started... And heatwave is now over here its going to drop to 6C on Sunday :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Might hit 40 round these parts but will believe it when I see it.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Try enjoying this weather with hypertension ... :/

Embattle

FH is my second home
Try enjoying this weather with hypertension ... :/

I have hypertension, can't say I ever gave it too much thought when it comes to temperature but then I tend to be fairly inactive during high temperatures since that normally means high UV which when on immunosuppressants increase your risk of skin cancer.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I have hypertension, can't say I ever gave it too much thought when it comes to temperature but then I tend to be fairly inactive during high temperatures since that normally means high UV which when on immunosuppressants increase your risk of skin cancer.

Just make sure you stay hydrated... the heat makes the heart work so much harder trying to cool the body and stresses it... I also have angina and stents, I ought to say ;)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Just make sure you stay hydrated... the heat makes the heart work so much harder trying to cool the body and stresses it... I also have angina and stents, I ought to say ;)

Yeah hopefully everyone will drink enough.

In comparison mine is minor essential hypertension (probably genetic), my dad has hypertension and stents yet still tends to try and bake himself brown even with his paper thin skin and often that not hydration involves something like JD and coke :p

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeah hopefully everyone will drink enough.

In comparison mine is minor essential hypertension (probably genetic), my dad has hypertension and stents yet still tends to try and bake himself brown even with his paper thin skin and often that not hydration involves something like JD and coke :p

I can't find a suitable emoji to react to that !

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I used to have hypertension but lost about 5 stone and am now "normal" extra sunshine won't make any difference, air temp will, there is no getting out of it, unfortunately.

Being properly hydrated is one of the best things anyone can do for themselves.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I drink lots of water whatever the weather, vaping makes me thirsty (but at least I quit smoking!) but fuck me I hate hot temperatures. I'm going to really struggle.

Lerwick looks a good place to live.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I respectfully disagree with your disagree @Trem !:

1657986622610.png

and, more traditionally:
1657986733532.png
:)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Yes it's beautiful @Scouse but I wouldn't want to be there in this weather. Autumn/winter I'm all over it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Lots of the beaches around here in North Devon will no doubt be packed with people doing all the things they shouldn't be doing....but there you go.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What shouldn't people be doing on beaches?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom