oh ye weather gods

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Has it hit NYC yet ?

Nah, we're on the fringe of it so far. It's 9 degrees C outside. Trying to do all my outside errands before it hits. Expecting a gradual 20 degree drop in the next 12 hours. It's been raining a lot over the last day, which is a worry. All that water is going to freeze.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Nah, we're on the fringe of it so far. It's 9 degrees C outside. Trying to do all my outside errands before it hits. Expecting a gradual 20 degree drop in the next 12 hours. It's been raining a lot over the last day, which is a worry. All that water is going to freeze.
When it does post pics please :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
They were talking about massive flooding in areas of the US when the temperature suddenly goes back up.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
How are things for you @SilverHood ? Hope all is well. The reports coming out from North America, esp Buffalo, look grim!

SilverHood

FH is my second home
How are things for you @SilverHood ? Hope all is well. The reports coming out from North America, esp Buffalo, look grim!
Nothing much to report, it was a bit windier than usual, but no snow or ice. Rats in my trash area seem to have scarpered off, so that is a plus.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Just ordered one of these

Fuck sleeping downstairs and feeling awful all day again, I've had it. I actually want a permanent install, but I'll do that in a few years. For now this will do. Comes with exhaust fittings for sash windows (which I have), or a standard window, which works perfectly for the two rooms it'll live in.

I did wonder about venting it up an unused chimney, but decided not to because of the amount of moisture in the exhaust.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Tom we use ours with the window open and it works just fine for sleeping.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Is your insulation making your house too hot @Tom?

Open a window?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Insulation will make the house cooler during summer.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Only to a point, if it's too warm outside it will defeat the insulation and the house will warm up. Because insulation sucks at letting heat out by design.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Insulation also sucks at letting heat in by design.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Going to try this year and keep the windows shut during the hottest days.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
My house is lovely and cool in the summer, even when it was 40c out, it was low 20s, nearly a metre thick, insulated walls will do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom