Crap Oh dear

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
My dad has had a massive stroke and I am horribly drunk.... He hasn't regained consciousness yet and I doubt he will...

Prolly gonna catch a flight tomorrow morning here's hoping I get to say goodbye.

I'm a daddy's girl and have dreaded this moment for a long time but for him I hope he goes peacefully ie doesn't regain consciousness and passes away peacefully

/little broken

Yoni :'(

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Very sorry to hear Yoni :( - it's a journey we all make.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Hope you make it in time. Been there done that. It's never easy.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
My dad has had a massive stroke and I am horribly drunk.... He hasn't regained consciousness yet and I doubt he will...

Prolly gonna catch a flight tomorrow morning here's hoping I get to say goodbye.

I'm a daddy's girl and have dreaded this moment for a long time but for him I hope he goes peacefully ie doesn't regain consciousness and passes away peacefully

/little broken

Yoni :'(
Yoni,

So sorry to hear that, when I learnt about my Mum I was in Greece and pulled out all the stops to get back to be with her before she passed away. Is there absolutely no chance of getting a flight tonight in your current state? I would at least ask as I knew I would regret it for the rest of my life if I had not tried to get home.

Thinking of you,

Antonio
xx

Yoni

I have to wait until later before I make plans as I don't know if he will be taken to the UK or not, he is on the Isle of Man... Ill not arrive until Sat earliest

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Its terrible being far away when it happens. Good luck with getting back, hope you can.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Good luck, hope you make it x

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Very sorry to hear this Yoni - I hope you get back in time and safely.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Hope things doesn't turn out for the worse Yoni. /: Sad to hear.

Yoni

Ill get home Sunday earliest possible. Can do no more now... Shouldn't have had so much whiskey earlier as I feel fucking atrocious now ;/

Yoni

The easiest way is via brum for me but no flights from brum to the island till Sunday, I arrive in the UK tomorrow night. It's done now.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The easiest way is via brum for me but no flights from brum to the island till Sunday, I arrive in the UK tomorrow night. It's done now.
If you need somewhere to stay I have space, same if you need a driver. I can do. x

ileks

Part of the furniture
Sorry to hear this Yoni :( I hope you get there in time.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Not via Dublin? Stockholm-Dublin 11.35-1.15. Dublin-IoM 4.45-5.30 Aer Lingus both.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That sucks Yons. Chin up chick :(

xxx

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Best wishes to you and your family, Yoni.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ah right, sorry missed the Isle of Man bit.

7am flight from Stockhom to Stanstead
http://www.skyscanner.net/transport...o-london-stansted-in-december-2013.html?rtn=0
In Stanstead at 8.20 + 45 mins customs. Say 9am.

Stanstead to Euston train 9.15 in Euston at 10:17
http://www.thetrainline.com/buytick...SSD/EUS/06/12/13/10/0/Dep//////Dep/1/0//0;0;0

Euston to Birmingham train 10:43 gets to Brum 12:08
http://www.thetrainline.com/buytick.../EUS/13/06/12/13/14/0/Dep//////Dep/1/0//0;0;0

This point I fell down, the trains appear to suck...hire a car for a couple of days in the UK+parking at Heysham?

http://www.travelsupermarket.com/c/ferry/quote/booking/AFRYBookA.asp?sd=67815584003520131205220000

Gets you to the Isle of Man at 18:00ish Friday night

Edit, DaGaffer's route seems much simpler!

Last edited:

Yoni

Thanks all

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sorry to hear your news @Yoni will keep my fingers crossed for you, is someone else from the family on the Isle with him?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
This happened to my nan. My thoughts are with you.

Yoni

Thanks all

Yoni

Again thanks. I had already booked my flights as they have to go through the company system. Arriving on Sunday will be ok as he has regained some consciousness and the hospital have respectfully asked that for the next 48 hours he is allowed to rest as much as possible. My mum therefore will visit with one of my siblings only (we are 5) all of which live on the island. I will go directly from the airport on Sunday to see him. He was alert enough last night to smile when he heard I would be there Sunday night.

I have to now let my control instincts go my flights are booked, I have an old friend in brum who will ensure I don't drink on the in between bits... I'm such a daddy's girl, some would say ie those who know me well that my daddy issues are worrisome, those people will also know that this whole situation is probably my worst nightmare. However I'm a realist and quite practical. My father has led a good life and he does not deserve any prolonged pain or discomfort. It would make me more happy in the long run if he gets to pass away peacefully... In the short term for me that would suck... However I talk to my dad very very regularly and tell him I love him every time we talk, so should he not make it till Sunday night (drs say currently he will) he will pass knowing that and I can reconcile this also as I know he loves me very much too.. :regardless of my shortcomings or maybe because of them (being the black sheep / prodigal daughter).

Thank you all for your kind words, but now what will be will be. No false hopes, just that he is comfortable and is not in any pain :)

Ill update you all when I can

Laura xx

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hope things work out and your travelling is speedy and safe!

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
Sorry to Hear Laura. Hope everything goes ok. my thoughts are with you

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Best wishes and all that, nothing much to say that hasn't already been so agree with the lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom