Crap Oh dear

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Well after hours of delays I made it to the UK... Lets hope the it issue is solved for tomorrow ;/

Yoni

I saw dad this evening he was as expected ie frail and tired. He isn't really with it but he is alive and I thank god for that.... I held it together, I'm surprised but he told me he was bored and the food was disgusting which was a good sign :).

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Glad you made it there and got to see him

ileks

Part of the furniture
I saw dad this evening he was as expected ie frail and tired. He isn't really with it but he is alive and I thank god for that.... I held it together, I'm surprised but he told me he was bored and the food was disgusting which was a good sign :).

Always a good sign. My nan has been in hospital a lot over the last few years. We always know she's getting better when she starts moaning about the nurses/food/other patients!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Excellent news...now get him home asap.

Yoni

He looked better today but will not be home for Christmas..... It is going to be a long bumpy ride. Off to see him again now before I go back to Sweden and then I can call the hospital for updates. Thank you all so much for your kind words it is amazing how much better I felt after reading them x x

Edmond

Thats because we care, we are one big family at the end of the day. Arguing, disagreeing, slagging each other off.....you know, the normal day to day family stuff

Glad to hear he's feeling better, i'm sure he was lifted that you went to see him

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Thats because we care, we are one big family at the end of the day. Arguing, disagreeing, slagging each other off.....you know, the normal day to day family stuff

Glad to hear he's feeling better, i'm sure he was lifted that you went to see him

And yet, at the end of the day..we could pass each other on the street and never know ;)

Yoni

Back in Sweden news from the island is that he was awake in a chair today, I'm sorry I missed that but thank god that dad continues to improve. Ill call mum later as she is with him now to get more news.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
So sorry Yoni, my father suffered a similar episode years back. I hope he regains most of his motor control. As long as he can get around and keep active his quality of life will be good.

sayward

Resident Freddy
A bit late , but so sorry to read all this. I hope he's continuing to improve.

Yoni

Update! I am able to talk to dad for short periods of time on the mobile and my nephew has got his iPad on wifi in the hospital so I can fb message him.

His stroke symptoms are improving except he still is fed by tubes. This week he has had issues with his only kidney (more fluids needed) and pneumonia caused by his food going into his lungs (pre the inset of feeding tubes).

It's been a roller coaster of a week with him as last Sunday they were talking about moving him to rehabilitation and now they want to keep him on the serious stroke ward... However there is a massive improvement since I saw him :)

Yoni

Christ it doesn't seem like 6 / 7 weeks since this started, anyway a quick update:

Dad came home today with the occupational therapist to see how he managed in the house and to establish what modifications need to be made before he is allowed home.

At this point I really have to state that not only can the human body be amazing but state of mind is really important in recovery.....

When I wrote this post originally they were not sure (due to current medical issues) whether my dad would survive.... It was gut-wrenchingly horrible to think about a world without my dad ;/. However he has improved every day at an alarming rate... He is not on a zimmer anymore, he uses a stick sometimes, apparently not to help him walk but he is pretending it is a rifle and terrorising the nursing staff. He is being wilful and naughty ie he finally can swallow, however he is still only allowed small amounts of thickened liquids. Dad however can not be trusted to moderate himself so the nurses have stopped allowing him from drinking unless they are there.... If he is a good boy he can come home next week, however if he continues to be wilful they won't release him.....

For those here that really know me will now begin to understand where I get my wilful mischievous nature from! I love my dad, so glad he will be home soon and I am looking forward to seeing him end of April *grins*

Edmond

That's amazing news @Yoni, onwards and upwards

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
You'll be posting a video of him doing a parachute jump next.

Yoni

Not quite Job, however he did come home on Monday and I called him yesterday. He sounded incredibly well and told me that he was feeling much better just to be home :)

Yoni

So to cut a long story short.... When dad came out of hospital he started to have post stroke seizures. I wasn't there for them but my sister told me that he deteriorated with everyone he had. I went to see him last month, it was shocking he could do nothing and although not physically in pain, emotionally he was in a bad place. My dad so strong, now incapable of holding a pen.... He had a small seizure whilst I was there, the seizure itself was not shocking, but him crying on my shoulder was nearly the worst experience I have had in my life, topped off by him crying when I left and holding on to me in the car...we both knew I wouldn't see him again. God rest his soul he died yesterday from a seizure, followed by a cardiac arrest. He didn't know or feel any pain, I couldn't have asked for an easier way, except if it had happened in his sleep. So I ask you if you will to raise a glass to a man who was universally loved. He was a strong, gentle, kind, forgiving man who lived an amazing life.... I can't express how selfishly broken and sad I feel right now (selfish as I know that his quality of life sucked and this outcome is for the best).

Last edited:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
:cheers: RIP and best wishes to the family.

Oh and you can feel whatever the hell you want right now, just when it's time, remember to let it go and forgive how you might be.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Sorry to hear that yoni. He is in a better place out of pain and suffering now.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sorry to hear that yons. Thinking about you :(

leggy

Probably Scottish
It goes without saying but I'm so sorry to hear this Yoni; I can't begin to imagine the turmoil that you and you're family are going through. I'll take a brief pause in my abstinence this weekend and raise a glass of my finest for your old man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom