News Oh buggeration

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Good new Jup, sounds like progress and a good place generally to be in generally. Glad to have you back.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Sounds like you're past the worst of it. Say strong and enjoy life :)

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I actually did the same thing when I left my husband 12 years ago, we are still legally married although I have no clue where he lives ( struggling to find someone to help me with my divorce that at wont cost me an arm and a leg... It is complicated as I am not in the UK and we were married on the isle of man). I signed away our property because he had to give up work for health reasons and I knew my earning potential was significantly greater than his. Additionally guilt was involved in my decision, I decided to leave him after all and giving him the property made me feel better about my decision. There was no one else involved, it was more to do with me wanting to leave the isle of man and him not wanting too.

My point is that Jon has his reasons for making these decisions, as crazy as they may seem to you all, however if supporting his ex wife helps him sleep at night (after all there is still one dependent) then who are we to criticise him?

Good luck with the future, however I do hope that you don't spend all your money on beer and 'hos you never know who or what is around the corner

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I actually did the same thing when I left my husband 12 years ago, we are still legally married although I have no clue where he lives ( struggling to find someone to help me with my divorce that at wont cost me an arm and a leg... It is complicated as I am not in the UK and we were married on the isle of man). I signed away our property because he had to give up work for health reasons and I knew my earning potential was significantly greater than his. Additionally guilt was involved in my decision, I decided to leave him after all and giving him the property made me feel better about my decision. There was no one else involved, it was more to do with me wanting to leave the isle of man and him not wanting too.

My point is that Jon has his reasons for making these decisions, as crazy as they may seem to you all, however if supporting his ex wife helps him sleep at night (after all there is still one dependent) then who are we to criticise him?

Good luck with the future, however I do hope that you don't spend all your money on beer and 'hos you never know who or what is around the corner

Thanks Yonstar - I shouldn't worry about the money - beers I can afford, but not alot more! ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Like it all apart from the bit about beer and ho's, obviously! :D ;) :p

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Yoni, if you have been separated for long enough, and 12 years is plenty long enough, you can be granted a divorce in absentia. Getting married on the Isle of Man instead of the UK mainland shouldn't change that fact.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Access Denied said:
Yoni, if you have been separated for long enough, and 12 years is plenty long enough, you can be granted a divorce in absentia. Getting married on the Isle of Man instead of the UK mainland shouldn't change that fact.

Sadly it is different as the Isle of Man has its own Government and laws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom