[INFO] Official Updates Questions

nosebleed

Fledgling Freddie
Another question : Many of us worked through the..."process" of creating an account and actually got to the "You are now registered with War-Europe" (stage 5) step. HOWEVER the emails to activate those accounts do not appear to have been dispatched (reports of no-email received after 13+ hours).

Are there any plans to allow us to get these confirmation emails resent so that we dont have the further annoyance of having to register accounts again, and thus avoid having to reregister with login/account names that would NOT be our prefered choice?

I ended up reregistering with the same email address and that came through within five minutes. The best advice I can give is use the "ignore the error message" trick. Keep trying to get onto the registration site, once there fill in as normal, if you don't have the captcha image, click back to the previous bit of the form, then click continue (all your information is still there) and repeat until a captcha image comes.

If at any point you get an error window pop up, don't close it, just move it out of the way, and keep trying, eventually it goes through.

I did this and got my email about 5 minutes later, still can't activate the address though, and a bit worried as to where my first registration actually went to...

Hope this helps :)

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Final update for the evening

Good morning Freddies!
You will find a couple of final updates in the Official Update thread.

Thanks for your titan patience and support throughout the day. We will be back tomorrow in full force, as will the European WAR effort!

Blessings,
-Magnus

Barluk

Fledgling Freddie
All right, its the day after d day.. (i know its quite early) but i notice that there is only 1 server up (a french one and my french is realy bad :( ).

But i also noticed that i cant find anny info from GOA about taking down the other servers? Where is this stuff posted normaly? There is nothing on the webbie, nothing in the warhammeralliance forum and nothing here..

So basicly.. where does GOA post there server status updates and warn us when a server is going down?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Good morning Freddies!
You will find a couple of final updates in the Official Update thread.

Thanks for your titan patience and support throughout the day. We will be back tomorrow in full force, as will the European WAR effort!

Blessings,
-Magnus

Thankyou for the updates Magnus

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Existing account + need to use password reminder = black hole

Why?

Helehuianu

Fledgling Freddie
I have some questions:

What compensation does the customers who bought (some has paid) CE and SE-Pre Order get?

What are you going to do to prevent this from happening in the future, like
when the rest (assuming more than 300k will play this in Europe after this mess) will try to register their accounts and CD-keys?

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
I have some questions:

What compensation does the customers who bought (some has paid) CE and SE-Pre Order get?

when the rest (assuming more than 300k will play this in Europe after this mess) will try to register their accounts and CD-keys?

I wouldn't expect any compensation, no promises have been breached really.
Only delayed.....

Stok@s

Fledgling Freddie
manage to validate my key yesterday n8 at 5am lol now do i need to get a validation mail before you can play?

cause when i try to patch it say Authentication failed...

taB

Part of the furniture
Can you change that other thread title to "centre" please?

Sorry, am bored.

eksdee

FH is my second home
haven't read through this thread but the one question i think that is extremely important to the whole situation is this:

will goa be learning from this experience and allowing customers that pre-ordered to register their accounts at LEAST a day in advance of the planned server release?

MagnusGOA

I have some questions:

To your first question. Purchased a pre-order for Warhammer Online, a product which is officially not finished, running on platforms which were tested for the first time on a large scale yesterday. This is still beta.

Existing account + need to use password reminder = black hole
Why?
The password retrieval service is indeed still offline. We hope to bring it back along with account registrations within the hour.

Think I posted my question in the discussion forum.

Anyway, when I login the system said something about my account being suspended, whats that?
I don't know what that specific error means, but on a general note, our account systems have not been functioning satisfactory. We have done alot of work on this during the night and will bring in new software along with recalibrated hardware.

How many players are allowed on each server at this momment, and are they still full?
How long until we can expect to have our confirmation e-mails and website pages working? Tonight? Tomorow? Tuesday?
And why are custumer that pre-order having OB as part of that package being treated as some random guy that typed is e-mail on some website?

Don't mean to sound harsh, but GOA/Mythic sold alot of pre-orders based on the OB access and they are failling to keep up with their side of the bargain. I dont call a good job on putting 8 server with a total of 8000 players online(1000 x 8), at least not by any MMO standard. I worked as comunity manager before and i know your work ain't easy, but as custumers we deserve more and better info.
We are bringing new account management software online at 4pm CET today. During the night, we have gone through most of the back-log from yesterday. With the new account management pages online, confirming account creation, resetting passwords and other services should work better.

Regarding the amount of servers. As explained in my original post, one would make an enormous mistake if one were to have enough servers online to allow every single beta tester to be online simultaniously. Or even half. Take a look at WoW. They have ten million subscribers. How many of those are online at a given time? I don't know, but I know it is only a fraction. So servers must be balanced after the maximum amount of players online during peak hours. Launch day is highly exceptional circumstances.

That said, we recognize that far too few players have been able to enter the game so far. We are constantly increasing the server caps and expect healthy populations do develop during the day.

-Magnus

Padraig

Fledgling Freddie
Magnus,

What steps are being taken to ensure that the people who bought the CE package with "Guaranteed Open Beta Access" are taken to the top of the queues and don't have to wait in line with the 50,000+ free beta keys that you gave out recently?

Can't you at least prioritise the people who have paid up front?

Thanks ... Pad

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Ok since there was a HUGE misunderstanding last time.

war-europe.com news. Account Creation Update - 13:30 CET said:
As we told you in previous news, the account validation system has been taken offline while our technical teams work on it. A lot of work has been done and some of the hardware on the database server has been changed as well as a lot of software improvements and our teams are still working hard to prepare the systems.

As a result, we will launch a new code registration page today at 16:00 CET. This new page will feature a delay between registration and account validation but you will still receive a confirmation email within a few minutes of creating your account.

If you had already created an account yesterday and have a validation email then you will still be able to follow the link from that email after 16:00 today to validate your account, if you do not have an email then you should create a new account as described above.

Thank you for your patience.

OLD OLD beta signup accounts will work with this new Auth-thingie?
Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning be the place for us?
:ninja: I feel stupid

Draylor

Part of the furniture
From the email confirming a CD key has been tied to an account:

Certain components could not be activated because they are incompatible with your account. We would like to advise you that those keys can be used to activate products on another account.
What is this meant to mean?

1 key, with 1 and only 1 advertised feature: ie open beta - from a standard edition preorder rather than CE/freebie keys.

Cromix

Fledgling Freddie
After you validate the page, the request will be first stored and then checked via an asynchronous treatment . In any case you will receive an email informing you as to whether your code has been activated or if there was an error in either your login, password or code.

Based on my experience from yesterday i spent 18h waitting for the account activation e-mail. Will the servers be able to dispatch e-mails faster or i can only hope to play tomorow?

Cromix

Fledgling Freddie
Magnus, alot of us after following the key registration and fill up the form are left with a spining wheel. Mine been at this for 20 minutes already. Any probs we should know about?

Cromix

Fledgling Freddie
QUESTION:

What is the avg time of waitting for the activation e-mail? I have been waitting for it for a while though and since my last e-mail from GOA took 18h that doesn't make me think i will play today either...

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Question, I have linked my beta key to my warhammer account, how long before I can login via the patcher client?

IainC

As a lot of people seem to be a little confused over this I'm going to post up some quick Q&As. If you have other questions then please post them below and I'll try to answer them, please don't post anything else other than questions in this thread so that it's easy to find the important info.

Q: I can't log into the site, I get the 'Authentication servers are offline message'
A: Yes, you do not need to login to the site to use this page. Simply go to here and fill in your details.

Q: Who can use that page?
A: Anyone who already has a beta centre account - this means anyone who created an account to apply for the closed beta or to recieve the newsletter even if they didn't get a closed beta invite. In addition, anyone who created an account on our site yesterday and has received a confirmation email.

Q: I don't have an account yet, when will I be able to use my key?
A: We are bringing a new account centre online, at the moment we have no ETA for this but we will keep you informed via the news.

Q: I put my details in, now what?
A: All you need to do now is to wait for an email from us. This email will either confirm that your validation is complete (in which case you can log in and play) or that there was a problem with your details (in which case you need to go back and resubmit your information).

Q: Why are you doing it this way?
A: To reduce the load on the database server we have an asynchronous system. What this means is that when you put your details in, the system will store it, another system will then check it and confirm the details to you. This means the whole system is much smoother.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Question! - What is being done to ensure that people will be able to get into the head start?

I know you've still got to get through open beta first, however I personally want to enter my code before the headstart day instead of getting up on Sunday morning and finding out that the servers are dead or something along those lines. I've paid a premium for Collectors Edition headstart and I don't want to be stuck waiting for hours due to problems because of leaving things to the last second.

karvanapa

Fledgling Freddie
Question!

Nothing hostile, worry not.

Are you able to provide us with some ETA for OB key validation emails? How are those codes being handled, manually etc?

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
IanC is it possible to get an estimation on how long it will probably take for sumbitted details to be verified?

Mooxz

Fledgling Freddie
I got the email comfirming my OB key worked, but i still can't log in and patch.

Do i have to do it all over again or just wait?

chaostheory

Fledgling Freddie
Q: How long before the confirmation emails arrive?
A: This will depend but the current turn around seems to vary between 1 and 2 hours.

Thats from warhammer alliance forums so your looking between 1-2 hours peep for the email to return.

MagnusGOA

There are many, many questions regarding the e-mail confirmations which should follow a successful beta key validation. Some players receive mails quite shortly, while others wait for hours. All errands are stored and will be sent sooner or later. Naturally, our technicians do what they can to speed up the process, but for now we simply don't have an ETA on when these backlogged e-mails will be sent out.

Question! - What is being done to ensure that people will be able to get into the head start?
These experiences are absolutely invaluable to in preparation for HS. I think the public letter from our CEO speak for how serious we are about WAR. We may have been badly hurt in the first clash but we'll get back on our feet and deliver.

-Magnus

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
There are many, many questions regarding the e-mail confirmations which should follow a successful beta key validation. Some players receive mails quite shortly, while others wait for hours. All errands are stored and will be sent sooner or later. Naturally, our technicians do what they can to speed up the process, but for now we simply don't have an ETA on when these backlogged e-mails will be sent out.

Thanks for that - helps to know the problem is recognised and being worked on!

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Oh Oh, I have another question!

Any chance of hosting the patch we need to download at an additional host so we dont have to wait once we are all validated? I know thats not Mythics usual way, but it would be nice!

wooly

Fledgling Freddie
Registration Process?

Hi,

Does anyone know when the registration process is being brought back online? I'm very patient so it's not urgent. Just I've tried few times and it looks like the access to the registration has been totally removed.

Cheers

Wooly.

OOPS just read above apologies.... :p

nosebleed

Fledgling Freddie
Is there a reason the patcher closes after three attempts? I'm just going to open it up again, just seems to make the process more tedious.

crash_614

Fledgling Freddie
My question is: does asynchronous mean "slower" ?

Waited like 3 1/2 hours now, still no mail :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom