Question Off-Topic Stickies

gohan

FH is my second home
i'm so full of not caring that i'm almost bursting and it HURTS!!!!!!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Don't merge the footy and fantasy thread; they are two very different things and it would be of no benefit. Unsticky the fantasy thread though; it was only put up there to get people to sign up.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Yeah you can get rid of them all as far as I am concerned, I can use to search function just fine if I need to drag them back up.
out of sight out of mind. A&T should stay, i believe it also sends the right vibes. besides, if people venture in here and see T&A as a sticky they are gonna stay, simple.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Don't merge the footy and fantasy thread; they are two very different things and it would be of no benefit. Unsticky the fantasy thread though; it was only put up there to get people to sign up.

out of sight out of mind. A&T should stay, i believe it also sends the right vibes. besides, if people venture in here and see T&A as a sticky they are gonna stay, simple.

:iagree:

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Keep the tits and ass stickied!

Youtube thread should go in with the random thread as already suggested (unstickied).

I don't use the fantasy football thread, but I don't think it would merge well with the general football thread.

Will

/bin/su
I've unstuck the fantasy football thread.

Are people really wanting me to merge up tits & ass and youtube & spam?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Tits and ass deserve seperate stickies, it is anatomically correct as is :D

Youtube can go and random spam was never a sticky and does fine tbh

Will

/bin/su
Blam go spam and Youtube!

So. Tits and Ass?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Stay as they are, some days I am in the mood for tit fap, others I want the full blown booty shuffle. :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
If you merge Tits n Ass we will fight you on the bitches, erm beaches. :D

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Hmm, i dont mind if they are unstickied tbh, (i'd rather they were'nt, but i dont make the rules) even though i just looked and i've posted the most, oops, but dont merge them please

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
IMO, sticky the threads that are popular/annual, ie, Football threads for the season.

Sticky the random spam thread too :sex:

Will

/bin/su
But if they are popular they shouldn't need stickied since they don't need help to stay on the front page.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
The only useful and funny thread I ever made is all fucked up now and I no longer the OP of it..

Fucking merge us with General already and get it over with ffs

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Would rather you didn't demonstrate and just leave them be, it has worked for over two years and no one was unhappy with them up there.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
But if they are popular they shouldn't need stickied since they don't need help to stay on the front page.

The point of a sticky is not to do with the number of posts or activity. A thread should be stickied if its read alot more times than its posted in. Now this could be an announcement that has 1 post but needs to be read once by everybody on the forum or it could be the tits and ass threads where you might go back and read the thread every now because they are so err "interesting".

Lets look at the statistics:
The Official booty Thread. 681 posts, 52,481 views, 77 views per post.
The Official Boob Thread. 1,815 posts, 203,909 views, 112 views per post.
Now lets look at typical threads on the front page:
Off-Topic Stickies (This thread) 48 posts, 446 views, 9 views per post.
The 2010/2011 Season Thread 11,308 posts, 139,246 views, 12 views per post.
22c in early April! 23 posts, 227 views, 10 views per post.

The majority of normal threads on the front page seem to average 10 views per post with very few going over 20. By unstickying the tits and ass threads you will force people to uneccessarily bump them reducing their overall quality. Do you want this to happen Will? Are you gay? Are you jealous their isn't some man love thread?

Save our tits and ass threads, sticky them now!

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
The point of a sticky is not to do with the number of posts or activity. A thread should be stickied if its read alot more times than its posted in. Now this could be an announcement that has 1 post but needs to be read once by everybody on the forum or it could be the tits and ass threads where you might go back and read the thread every now because they are so err "interesting".

Lets look at the statistics:
The Official booty Thread. 681 posts, 52,481 views, 77 views per post.
The Official Boob Thread. 1,815 posts, 203,909 views, 112 views per post.
Now lets look at typical threads on the front page:
Off-Topic Stickies (This thread) 48 posts, 446 views, 9 views per post.
The 2010/2011 Season Thread 11,308 posts, 139,246 views, 12 views per post.
22c in early April! 23 posts, 227 views, 10 views per post.

The majority of normal threads on the front page seem to average 10 views per post with very few going over 20. By unstickying the tits and ass threads you will force people to uneccessarily bump them reducing their overall quality. Do you want this to happen Will? Are you gay? Are you jealous their isn't some man love thread?

Save our tits and ass threads, sticky them now!

A mighty fine post!! Will it does come across as you trying to fix something that isn't broken.

You already stated 'I just don't like stickies' which is a biased argument anyway (though btw I like your term 'screen real estate' - trademark that bad boy and get someone to use it on some tech site and you'll be a guru, unless I'm behind the times and it's already happened) - especially as your argument was that you wanted to see stickies that people actually use. Well with T&A it is used pretty regularly as Cadelin has pointed out. Ironically if you keep it this way with them unstickied you might cause the opposite; you claim the threads to be tacky but by unstickying them you force people to post on them more often to keep them active (or again as Cadelin says, to just bump post them which deteriorates quality of a thread.)

Put them back please. Not one decent argument to remove them as stickies has been presented. Make this a poll and let's see without just doing it as a 'demonstration.'

Will

/bin/su
See, I knew I could get people to post their opinions. :D

tierk

Part of the furniture
See, I knew I could get people to post their opinions. :D

Thanks for giving me back my life at work!! :p

When i get back from dinner party i will post something really special as a thank joOooo...

Will

/bin/su
You realise it was still there, right? I only unstuck it.

If you subscribe to the thread, it will show up in your user control panel. And you can have it email you when the thread is updated.

tierk

Part of the furniture
You realise it was still there, right? I only unstuck it.

If you subscribe to the thread, it will show up in your user control panel. And you can have it email you when the thread is updated.

Yesh but me likes it on top!! :D

PS i dont need to subscribe to it, i fookin live it :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
IMO, sticky the threads that are popular/annual, ie, Football threads for the season.

Sticky the random spam thread too :sex:

Err, why? What would stickying them achieve? They are active threads, therefor they are always near the top of the forum. Stickys should be temporary for info, not permanent. Tits and arse won't disappear because you unsticky them. If you are really worried you can subscribe to the thread.

Down with stickys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom