Question Off-Topic Stickies

Will

/bin/su
Yes or no? The tits and ass threads would stay up by themselves (so to speak), the Youtube thread would probably bounce on and off the front page, and the fantasy football thread is looking fairly unloved. Should I unstick some or all of them? (Not a poll because I want opinions not votes).

This thread was brought to you by the campaign to remove the cruft from FH.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Get rid of them all imo. If people post in them then they will stay at the top. Stickies should only be temporary for information or events imo.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Gotta keep the tits & ass threads stickied. It's our duty :D

Will

/bin/su
Get rid of them all imo. If people post in them then they will stay at the top. Stickies should only be temporary for information or events imo.

I agree but I'm trying to appear democratic.

Will

/bin/su
Even the Fantasy Football thread which you have never posted in?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Are being sanitised before we get lumped in with the Sandal wearing pipe chewing general crew ?

Will

/bin/su
Not particularly. I just dislike pointless stickies and have the power to do something about it. I just did the same to the tech forum and General was cleared out last week.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Tits and ass, kill the rest as they are very much unloved.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Tits & Ass. Anything else can go as far as i am concerned :D

Will

/bin/su
Would they not be better as unstuck threads? That way it is more obvious when they are updated or in need of an update.

I may also have an agenda of my own here. I don't like the idea of having "official" tits and ass threads. Its just a bit tacky. Deebs will strongly disagree with me on that I expect.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Would they not be better as unstuck threads? That way it is more obvious when they are updated or in need of an update.

I may also have an agenda of my own here. I don't like the idea of having "official" tits and ass threads. Its just a bit tacky. Deebs will strongly disagree with me on that I expect.

Lighten up imo. I see your point that it comes across as tacky but let's not take ourselves too seriously either. Else we become interweb goons, and we wouldn't want that would we? :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Even the Fantasy Football thread which you have never posted in?

I missed out on doing it for this season hence why I have not been in there. Unless others complain, it could be removed. However it would be nice if when the new season starts, we can sticky the new thread.

Bahumat

FH is my second home

This is one of the reasons I am against Off Topic and General being merged. It's nice having an area which is not 'policed'. Granted there are lines you cannot, and should not cross such as purposeful abuse/racism etc.

Also it's just as obvious looking at the thread title in bold, and then knowing a new post has been made.

Will

/bin/su
This isn't an area which is policed in General and not in Off-Topic. That was my personal opinion. I haven't just unstuck it, I'm asking for opinions. And you actively need mods to stick stuff. ;) Also, as I said, Deebs would strongly disagree with my opinions on the T&A threads.

I just don't like stickies. Screen real estate is something that is precious to me and stickies mean I have to page down to see active threads. Threads which are active will stay near the top through activity anyway.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
could merge fantasy football with the football thread, youtube with random spam and tits and ass together

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Merge tits and ass - tits gets updated more frequently. As to those wanting it stickied; why? It's one of the most active threads, along with random spam and football, it will always be on the first page. You aren't going to forget it's there.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Exactly, if people care about them, then they will naturally stay on the first page.

Will

/bin/su
I could live with that, just :p

If I did this, it couldn't be undone. It is a one way process.

Would the football and fantasy football threads be a good match? Ditto spam and Youtube. I avoid all of those threads.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Merging the youtube thread into the random spam would work, as random spam thread is more active and then the nature of the thread wouldn't change.

Other way around it wouldn't work.

tierk

Part of the furniture
If I did this, it couldn't be undone. It is a one way process.

Works fine for me. I am pretty sure that was an option i was up for the last time this was discussed - wasn't there a poll even for it? - but iirc the majority voted to keep it the same as it is currently.

Whatever the majority are happy with works for me though.

Will

/bin/su
its too easy for people to just vote no in these things. Hence the lack of poll here, I want opinions.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Yeah you can get rid of them all as far as I am concerned, I can use to search function just fine if I need to drag them back up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom