Off-topic Mafia #4 game thread

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Kirennia, isn't that the second game in a row that you're the fricking godfather? LOL! It's fate giving you pointers, man! :p

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Pft, know I shouldn't as mod, but I love to comment post-game ;)

2 things stuck out to me!

Old.Tohtori claiming doctor. Good move, I would have done the same if I catched on to there being no doctor/cops on the town side. Wonder why you didn't say you protected a townie through.
1) Claiming protected a fellow mafia could lead to both of you dying, if people figured it out, while claiming a townie would lead to mafia victory the day following your lynch by town lynching an innocent
2) Even if they didn't figure you out, that person would be much more sensitive to listen to you, as you SAVED him, for all he knows, anyway.
Just my random thoughts about it.

Olgaline really did some great analysis during the last day as well, I was sitting on the sideline (easy, as I got all information) and wondering why he didn't see the Old.Tohtori-Cerb link, it would have made him able to pinpoint most of the mafia, as he was even on to Kirennia as well.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Aye mate, 1 in 13chance of it happening I guess, heh. In 4 games and with the amount of roles, it was bound to happen to someone :)

Democratic mafia system though so godfather role is no biggy ;)

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Kirennia, isn't that the second game in a row that you're the fricking godfather? LOL! It's fate giving you pointers, man! :p

Yeah it was, I even commented on it in my Role PM to him :p I thought random.org was playing tricks on me!

Anyway, going to finish the work on Setup for Game 5, I think I found out what theme to use now, so might open later tonight

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
And it shows we had no plan for final day really.

I tried my best to do my "job" to push people around, but it didseem hairy in the end.

If Olgaline or Vasc had voted for Kirennia, i would've voted for kirennia too.

That would've probably gone down as an innocent move, and as such, ensure me and cerb to win.

But as such, i can only say, with only one vote towards me and three votes towards kirennia in the end:

Flawless victory!

- English -

Resident Freddy
aye good game but shame about the roles imo. Guess its nice to mix them up. Guess i was mainly right in the end with my decisions about mafia. Although Cerb dissapoints me, as he still seems to be inactive ;/

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Oh, the setup was random by the way, it could have been any of the following, as I used random.org to determine that as well:

1cop, 1doc, 1 SK, 1 godfather, 1 roleblocker, 8 townies
2 SKs, 10 cops(sane), 1 doc
3 mafia, 10 towns
3(godfather, roleblocker, goon) mafia, 8 towns, 1 cop, 1 doc

Only after having assigned everybody normal role, I took entire list of players and assigned an author, so the author role was in no way a guarantee of English being townie, by the way, but I seems most didn't think so either.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
About people finding vanilla roles boring...

I have to say the game is what you make it. I actually enjoyed it when people suspected me now and then. My game plan was to work for the town as well as i could, while still being slightly suspicous so as not to get murdered during the nights. A vanilly townie really can affect the game a lot, simply by what you say and how you act. I wasn't bored at all during this game, other than during the waits. :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
About not "protecting" for an innocent, i noticed the "love" i had from the townies and decided to use it to the max.

It worked well too, as we can see from the lack of suspicion towards Cerb.

If i had done things differently, as i noticed no doctor, when i did the doctor CLAIM without even mafia knowing about it, i would've told kirennia to come out as the cop. Even riskier move, and would've accomplished nothing though.

By the way, if you look back, i tried my best to never lie *grin* Just check! Never claimed i WAS the doctor, or that i'm not mafia.

Also, i told everything the mafia planned, what they did, what their tactic was, and as such, kept myself as a "genuine" townie.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I did see the link but several things ended being my downfall,
1- haste
2 - I did sugest that link but í didnt seem to get much suport for it exept from levin.
3 And this I'll definatly change for the next game, I'm too damn curiose "too trigger happy, I knew I was onto it I knew there was big chance i was right but i just didnt have the patience needed to get vasc on my side and well, if I'd kept pushing you know they would have switched to me and gotten their lynch with vascs help so The way I saw it at the end we Just could not win.

no majority and an easy switch to me before vasc would have any chance to react and the game would be over too

Olgaline

FH is my second home
well Given a vigilanty role neither levin nor toht would have seen the end of the game :p

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I did see the link but several things ended being my downfall,
1- haste
2 - I did sugest that link but í didnt seem to get much suport for it exept from levin.
3 And this I'll definatly change for the next game, I'm too damn curiose "too trigger happy, I knew I was onto it I knew there was big chance i was right but i just didnt have the patience needed to get vasc on my side and well, if I'd kept pushing you know they would have switched to me and gotten their lynch with vascs help so The way I saw it at the end we Just could not win.

no majority and an easy switch to me before vasc would have any chance to react and the game would be over too

Don't feel too bad about being hasty there. I was considering doing the same thing just to get things over with. This game was veeeeery slow at times, but luckily it picked up again towards the end.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
About people finding vanilla roles boring...

I have to say the game is what you make it. I actually enjoyed it when people suspected me now and then. My game plan was to work for the town as well as i could, while still being slightly suspicous so as not to get murdered during the nights. A vanilly townie really can affect the game a lot, simply by what you say and how you act. I wasn't bored at all during this game, other than during the waits. :)

Hold on!

I tried to max out my vanilla townie role when game started by trying to have some fun roleplayin' and it almost costed me my head....

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Is true. It seems the more people talk and the more they try to make...well...make fun of the game I guess, the more they seem to get picked on :D That was the basis on our nightkills for the most part too, heh.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Hehe, you really thought I was mafia then?

well,
yes and no really,
As i said in an earlier post i think the fact that i couldnt pint point anything at all really on you at all made me suspeciose, and I also had the last game in mind as you were the winning cop none the less, i feared it might have given you an edge "wich btw it would have, had you turned out goon" bit of the same held true for toht in the beginning i couldnt get my self to vote for him even tho i suspected him, knowing he was lynched very early in game #3

and ofc one shouldnt bring previose games into a new one, but allas i think it's human nature to do so..."but he's the good guy, lets trust him"

Am I making any sence ?

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
i dont understand why people wouldnt believe me! :D

we would have won!

You may want to work on your defense strategies a little bit! :) You screamed so loudly and pointed at everyone.. how could they not think you were bad? I tried to help you convince them but i wasn't strong enough.. *hangs head*

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Hold on!

I tried to max out my vanilla townie role when game started by trying to have some fun roleplayin' and it almost costed me my head....

Were you really ever in any great danger? I think you balanced your game quite well to be honest! You were active and you were "just right" on the suspiciousness scale, imo. :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I think my best defense for the game was the utter and utmost honesty of mafia tactics(it does sound like a townie) and the way i bounced so widely in the good/bad scale all the tie that people just found it safer to vote for someone else.

The doctor thing had me pooping my pants though.

I did have a plan for the "real" doctor too *grin*

But maybe i'll save some secrets for the next game, where i'll be hung right away, as English put it "because if you're not with me, i'd hate to have you against me".

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
well,
yes and no really,
As i said in an earlier post i think the fact that i couldnt pint point anything at all really on you at all made me suspeciose, and I also had the last game in mind as you were the winning cop none the less, i feared it might have given you an edge "wich btw it would have, had you turned out goon" bit of the same held true for toht in the beginning i couldnt get my self to vote for him even tho i suspected him, knowing he was lynched very early in game #3

and ofc one shouldnt bring previose games into a new one, but allas i think it's human nature to do so..."but he's the good guy, lets trust him"

Am I making any sence ?

Yeah, somewhat. When I think of the previous games I tend to think more in the lines of "what are the odds that so-and-so would be a so-and-so AGAIN!?" and even though I know it's all random it affects me a little, I think. As for how people act depending on their roles, I didn't think so much of that since I've only been in one game previously. I didn't have all that much to compare with.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I think my best defense for the game was the utter and utmost honesty of mafia tactics(it does sound like a townie) and the way i bounced so widely in the good/bad scale all the tie that people just found it safer to vote for someone else.

The doctor thing had me pooping my pants though.

I did have a plan for the "real" doctor too *grin*

But maybe i'll save some secrets for the next game, where i'll be hung right away, as English put it "because if you're not with me, i'd hate to have you against me".

Hahaha, well I got to hand it to you, it was really well played! It was only after Olgaline's post today that I started reading yours and Kirennia's posts from a different perspective and felt pretty sure where I should point my fingers. And by then it was too late!

kirennia

Part of the furniture

Tbh I did think it was game over when you started defending me in the last round, hence why I didn't reply to anything you wrote apart from your no lynch idea ;) I figured that if they DID hang me, you'd follow and then eyes would be on cerb as you 'protected' him ;) We're kinda lucky to end it that night otherwise this could've ended in a very different way, heh.

I do honestly think though, I'd play the same role whether I was a townie or mafia. Next game I'm just gonna start being vocal from the outset, it's the more fun way to play it; much better then being quiet and being killed off never having said much.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I fully agree. And I can tell everyone right now that too - whatever game I play in, I like to be vocal and speculative! So don't hang/burn/quarter me based on that! It's much more fun to be active, no matter if you're townie or mafia! Well, at least I assume about being mafia, as i've never had the honor of being one.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I agree,

I was actually kind of glad my first game was as a vanilla,
and Aye you work with whats handed to you, we cant ALL be docs, cops and robbers
vanilla's are there for a reason as well, it's a free role imo as it's what you want it be "what YOU choose to make of it"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom