Off-topic Mafia #4 game thread

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
So, we are about to start the 4th off-topic mafia experience!

Players (In order of sign-up):
1. Vasconcelos
2. Levin
3. Amanita
4. Olgaline
5. Calo
6. Old.Tohtori
7. Lethul
8. English
9. Kirennia
10. Cerb
11. (Invisibletank)
12. Wonk
13. Rubric

Roles has now been randomed! PM's will go out quite soon when finished crafted!

Do not post in this thread until I have posted that all have confirmed! Don't be tempted, even if you are excited and feeling impatient! Mostly it takes max 2 days from PMs going out to all has confirmed and game starts!

Rules:

1. Don't PM each other, unless specificly allowed to by your role

2. Don't talk about the game outside the game board at all, unless specificly allowed to by your role

3. Don't post in the game thread during night!

4. Do not break the rules even if you died! When you died in the game, be quite about what you know until the game is over!

5. Stay active in the thread! If you think someone else is not active enough (i.e. long time between posting/no posting at all), ask me to prod them and I will remind them to be active. Failure to being active can mean being replaced or modkilled

6. Bold your votes and unvotes, like so:
Vote. <InsertNameOfPlayerToVote>
Unvote
unvote, vote: <InsertNameOfPlayerToVote>

7. If you got a question for me, bold "Mod:" infront of it, like so:
Mod: Can I have a soda?
But please make it game related as I dont want to give you a soda!

8. Use common sense! I could make 10 rules more if I had to cover every little thing, but I believe people here are clever enough for know not to make racist comments and the like!

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Everybody has confirmed!
-and in just around 9 hours, got to be a record :)

The people of the small town gathered in the centre of the town on the town square.
This morning the corpse of Iceforge had been found, shoot in the back.
Along with the rising crimes happening recently, the towns people knew there had to be mafia involved in all of it. But who of them was working with the mafia and who was innocent?

Start day 1:

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Well with nothing good having come from lynching on the first day in the last three games, I'm going to make an early vote.

VOTE:NO LYNCH

It wouldn't make sense for any of us to disclose our roles this early, if at all this time round (getting an investigation or two done before the mafia know who you are is a good thing); maybe it'd be a good idea to start a decent gameplan early on instead of a random lynch. This is of course presuming there is a cop or FBI agent among us.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
The thing is, with this many crazy roles and people in town, how is anybody going to be able to trust anything anyone else says? Whoever says he's a cop could be lying, or could be insane without even knowing it... so how do we begin?

- English -

Resident Freddy
The thing is, with this many crazy roles and people in town, how is anybody going to be able to trust anything anyone else says? Whoever says he's a cop could be lying, or could be insane without even knowing it... so how do we begin?

true, the first round is also a bummer, pot luck guess i reckon thus i arent prepared to vote a random out.

vote: no lynch

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
its got to be tohtori imo!

:D

I was hoping that it would take for me to atleast get a word out before you hang me up to dry again....oh well...better late then never...

*strolls along the streets*

Oh my god! They killed Ke...Iceforge!

Vote: No lynch

- English -

Resident Freddy
I was hoping that it would take for me to atleast get a word out before you hang me up to dry again....oh well...better late then never...

*strolls along the streets*

Oh my god! They killed Ke...Iceforge!

heheh :)

if you noticed i didnt vote you out last time ;]

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Then again, there might be zero insane people around too. What a deviant and wicked town we live in! All we need is giant ants.

Have to say though, if we don't hang someone, then the mafia gets the upper hand, doesn't it? And then next day, we're one shorter, but with the fear of hanging an innocent, we leave things as is, we get thinned out again.

I hate the fact that, the odds are very much against a correct hanging, and yet it's almost a must soon.

But, everyones so quiet that, i can't even do my usual "point judge" routine. Ohwell, plenty of sunlight to go around.

heheh :)

if you noticed i didnt vote you out last time ;]

Last time? Hmm...i have the strangest feeling of deja vu...like i've lived in this town before...

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Sorry i'm late, i've only just moved into the area so don't really know you all yet. I can't believe what has happened though. The last place i lived in we had werewolves so i move to the city thinking it would be safer and there is blinking mafia here.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Sorry i'm late, i've only just moved into the area so don't really know you all yet. I can't believe what has happened though. The last place i lived in we had werewolves so i move to the city thinking it would be safer and there is blinking mafia here.

Werewolves?

This guy must be insane or something...

Suuuure! None of those furry beasts around here.

*marks stuff on notebook*

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Bah! Weaklings!

Let's get the ball rolling

VOTE: LEVIN (my winner partner last game :p )

Olgaline

FH is my second home
well the way I see it we have two options on day one,

we can deside on a random lynch and cross our fingers
or we can chose to not lynch and give the mafia a "night kill"

the way i see it the latter is the right option since we stand to loose only one townie that way, seeing as chances are we'll target and lynch an inocent and in effect giveing the mafia 2 free kills "lynch + night kill"

now we dont know about posible serial killers, vigilantes and such.

vote: no lynch

Olgaline

FH is my second home
oh and levin,
as far as I've understood it, if there had been "special" roles in the game, insane cop ect
we would have been notified of it with the game being tagged "Special" or "bastard"
so my guess would be that we'r operating with normal+advanced roles only?

Rubric

Part of the furniture
The trouble with starting out with a no lynch aproach is come day 2 we are none the wiser as to who may be mafia.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bah! Weaklings!

Let's get the ball rolling

VOTE: LEVIN (my winner partner last game :p )

This is either the most innocent thing said, that i've ever seen, or as a counter-counter post it's one of the most genius ones.

I'm torn between "Are you really this good at being bad" and "Are you really this good"?

Think i should explain a bit more:

As that hasty of a post, and as random and "backstabbing", especially with the "weaklings" comment, it's most likely that you're not mafia. But if you keep that in mind, and think like that, you might post like that, to be thought about not being in the mafia.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I agree with whoever said it... what do we gain by waiting a night? We'll be one townie down, and how will we be any wiser? What will the murdered townie have bought us? I guess it all depends on if we are in a "special" town or not. If we're a normal town, we'll at least have a cop who can start investigating.

Maybe a clarification is in order?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I agree with whoever said it... what do we gain by waiting a night? We'll be one townie down, and how will we be any wiser? What will the murdered townie have bought us? I guess it all depends on if we are in a "special" town or not. If we're a normal town, we'll at least have a cop who can start investigating.

Maybe a clarification is in order?

The chances of a cop finding out a mafia in this size of group is rather minimal, as small as finding someone to hang really, so if it's a normal town, or not a normal town, it's all the same really. If we wait, we MIGHT find one mafia. If we hang, we MIGHT get a mafia.

It's all very touchyfeely, but, well, the alternative is one less person tomorrow(unless there's some murderer sort of guy around town?) and we're back in square one.

Percentually speaking, it's around 1 out of 10 today to find a mafia. And it's around 1 out of 10 tomorrow?

I'm tempted to vote for Vasconcelos because of the hasty vote, and the "diabolic genius" move it was, but not sure.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
This is either the most innocent thing said, that i've ever seen, or as a counter-counter post it's one of the most genius ones.

I'm torn between "Are you really this good at being bad" and "Are you really this good"?

Think i should explain a bit more:

As that hasty of a post, and as random and "backstabbing", especially with the "weaklings" comment, it's most likely that you're not mafia. But if you keep that in mind, and think like that, you might post like that, to be thought about not being in the mafia.

I'm pure and innocent as the first snowflake of the winter, I swear.

[rp mode]

Toht you know me since when we were kids. Me you and Iceforge were together all the time. Didnt we fall from that old treehouse when we were 8yo? Didnt we all fall in love at the same time wtih Little Rose? Remember what Iceforge used to say? that we would be friends forever? Now look at what those filthy scums done with him!!! I swear that Levin guy been throwing at Iceforge weird looks full of envy since he married Little Rose. I say BURN HIM!!

[/rp mode]

:p

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
ok this is way harder this time :p...im not sure wether to go with the no lynch approach or not...some good arguments have been made for and against it...im gona wait to see what some others say then bandwagon...yes thats right bandwagon!!! :p

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
The chances of a cop finding out a mafia in this size of group is rather minimal, as small as finding someone to hang really, so if it's a normal town, or not a normal town, it's all the same really. If we wait, we MIGHT find one mafia. If we hang, we MIGHT get a mafia.

It's all very touchyfeely, but, well, the alternative is one less person tomorrow(unless there's some murderer sort of guy around town?) and we're back in square one.

Percentually speaking, it's around 1 out of 10 today to find a mafia. And it's around 1 out of 10 tomorrow?

I'm tempted to vote for Vasconcelos because of the hasty vote, and the "diabolic genius" move it was, but not sure.

True, there's a slim chance for a cop to actually strike lucky, but investigating an innocent helps a lot too. That means we can start eliminating (no, not as in shot them!) people from suspicion, and the mafias will know if they kill the cop, the revealed innocents will be 100% clear, thus pinpointing the bad guys even more.

But we really do need to know if we have insane cops and jesters and whatnot among us, because if we do we really are going to be stumbling blind for many nights to come.

MOD: Are you able to tell us if this is a "special" town, and if so - well, are we? :D

Olgaline

FH is my second home
well if we are indeed playing with "special roles" I'd very much suspec vasc of being a Jester or Lyncher
but for now I'll stick with my initial vote and await confirmation from Mod

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Toht you know me since when we were kids. Me you and Iceforge were together all the time. Didnt we fall from that old treehouse when we were 8yo? Didnt we all fall in love at the same time wtih Little Rose? Remember what Iceforge used to say? that we would be friends forever? Now look at what those filthy scums done with him!!! I swear that Levin guy been throwing at Iceforge weird looks full of envy since he married Little Rose. I say BURN HIM!!

Dude, Little Rosa, was originally from Mexico, her real name was Lilo Raul...

If Levin threw him some looks, it wasn't of envy, it was from the fact dear Iceforge liked some extra beef in his sandwhich if you know what i mean.

Like i said, i'm on the fence with you, but leaning towards innocent.

Oh by the way, we don't burn people in this village, we usually just treat them with dignity, give a fair trial and then hang 'em up like santamas lights.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Oi, Vasc, are you sure you aren't upset with me just because I looked at Iceforge and Little Raul, instead of at you? My poor little Wassycassy...

Jokes aside, this is a serious matter. We're dealing with an organized crime problem here ladies and gentlemen, and we need to solve it using logic and brains, not lusty feelings and ... male appendages.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
brains,
... male appendages.

I fail to see the difference.

But true, past Rauls aside, i think i have to keep my no lynch vote for now. Too mny open ends and too many people sitting quietly at home.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Votecount:
Day: Day 1:

Levin - 1 - (Vasconcelos)

No Lynch - 4 - (Olgaline, Old.Tohtori, English, Kirennia)

Not voting: 8 (Levin, Amanita, Calo, Lethul, Cerb, Invisibletank, Wonk, Rubric)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Questions:

Levin said:
MOD: Are you able to tell us if this is a "special" town, and if so - well, are we?

List of special roles (all but vanilla and goon is special) that might be to be found in this game:

Cop (sane)
Doctor (sane)
Vigilante (normal)
Masons
Psychiatrist
Godfather
Mafia Roleblocker
Traitor
Serial Killer
The useless Super-powered townie
The Author (Both mafia and townie version possible)

That being said, no guarantee that any of these roles are present!

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
There are too many ppl in this town being suspiciously quiet.... SCUMS ALL OF 'EM I TELL YE!!!

Oh, and even if Little Rose happened to come with a surprise inside, i know Iceforge's love was pure and candid. He didnt deserve his fate the poor soul no matter his weird taste for black leather n VillagePeople (/waves fist in anger)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
There are too many ppl in this town being suspiciously quiet.... SCUMS ALL OF 'EM I TELL YE!!!

Oh, and even if Little Rose happened to come with a surprise inside, i know Iceforge's love was pure and candid. He didnt deserve his fate the poor soul (/waves fist in anger)

Why are you the only one wanting to hang someone? Seems just too forward, like i said, it's either pure innocence or bastardly straightforward mafia action.

Then again, with the same logic, anyone against hanging could be mafia too, especially levin would be against it if he was mafia as you've thrown your suspicion towards him.

Now that i said that, i thought that you might actually be mafia, but know how levin would act, and as such vote for him and as such, put suspicion towards him and him not wanting to hang anyone.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Why are you the only one wanting to hang someone? Seems just too forward, like i said, it's either pure innocence or bastardly straightforward mafia action.

Then again, with the same logic, anyone against hanging could be mafia too, especially levin would be against it if he was mafia as you've thrown your suspicion towards him.

Now that i said that, i thought that you might actually be mafia, but know how levin would act, and as such vote for him and as such, put suspicion towards him and him not wanting to hang anyone.

your confusing me......WITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....BURN THE WITCH!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom