Odysseus' Fletchingshop v.1.52

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Ahh...the ol' spell crafting. No matter. I have set aside 2P to start learning it when it comes out and I have no doubt I will have mo' money by the time the patch rolls around (sometime in 2050).

Thanks anyway for the reply :)

B

belth

Offtopic, but anyway...

Why make a dual-focus staff, when you can get maxed + to a stat (single jewel max) and triple focus of 50 each on a MP lvl34 staff or 99 qua lvl39 staff ;)

A

Aussie-

well tonight i heard about Tranquil.

I heard he solled a Heavy duskwoods Bow for 300g( 98%qua )
Only saying... this is like it should be he needed 2 retrys and asked 300g.

Mr Rip off just guesses the amount of retrys he will need for a xx qua bow and charges the max number of retrys. :sleeping:

quote Tranquil: those heavy longbows cost me 98g

2,5 plat eh :eek:

O

old.chipper

the prices do sux but if ppl gonna pay for em then hes gonna keep charging same price for em

O

old.CrazyMuppet

People just seem to ignore the pain and hardship crafters go through in order to make the 99's and 100's for people... what the hell are you all thinking????

Odysseus is VERY right in asking that amount of gold... and here's why:

you want a 99% qual of anything:

1 hour trying to get to excal and back for materials, and face the nice ganksquads camping between CS and excal. Or even better: go to Benowyc and craft 1-2 items before getting ganked out of the keep cos there's 20 mids/hibs banging on the doors.

Then come back to the forge/lathe and spend HOURS crafting until you get the desired result. I don't know what the fletching top end stuff costs timewise, but crafting a single AF102 BP costs about 4-5 minutes. Getting a 99% can be a pain, especially when it takes 15 tries, run out of materials and have to get more....

Now here's the laugh.... Aussie seems to think the going rate is 1P for a 100% longbow?????

Masterpieces can be obtained after 1 try...but they may also take 200 tries... now you go and make 200 duskwood heavy longbows....you find yourself crafting for 3-4 days, not doing anything else... then, after finally getting the result you wanted, you get extreme flak here...nice...

You found a cheap crafter on a US forum who will make 100% stuff for < 1P? great, go play on that server... cos it aint gonna happen here... unless the customer is lucky.

People whine about having to farm gold for 2-3 days to pay for a crafted item, but they DO expect crafters to sit at the forge/lathe for 2-3 days to make their stuff.

The best thing you can do is not try to calculate the base cost... just accept the price that's given or look elsewhere... but don't whine please... it's not becoming...

Also people are complaining he charges the prices cos he was the only one that could make those items... why do you think that was? getting fletching high is PAIN... and if only 1 on the server bites the bullet then he has every right to charge whatever he wants.

F

Flimgoblin

I appreciate crafters need to charge enough to make a profit - they've spent a _fortune_ getting there. And I agree that some people don't appreciate the hassle of remakes (you have to go get the materials from benowyc in some cases, and it's not always ours - if you want to help your crafters, defend Benowyc :))

However Mr Odysseus makes the public-private service fat-cat's look thrifty :)

Tranquil could probably charge a bit more without hurting his customers too much, but Odysseus could probably still pay his rent if he halved his prices ;)

Then again - if people will pay that price, who's to stop them from paying it :)

O

old.Odysseus

thx Methos.
I wont to go into that discussion again myself.

F

Flimgoblin

Thinking about it :) it's still far far far far cheaper to buy some of Odysseus's bows than to train up fletching yourself :)

and that's just the money - think how many hours /played it takes to get that high?

So, thinking about it, Tranquil get price-fixing :)

O

old.Odysseus

Im nearing 15 days /played on the fletching account.

As for Tranquil, he and I have agreed to harmonize prices so our customers get a reliable service and they dont have to wonder if they have been cheated.

A

Aussie-

I don't care if he asked 3x more money when he needed it for his fletchingskills I always payed Ody with a smile but now he has his 'final' skills to make everything 100% there is _no_ need to rip off ppl .

ask 2,5 plat to someone that has never bought a bow or didnt want to support you while working on the fletchskills ,but not to someone that already payed 3 plat .

about the hours of work: any crafter with less then 50plat? :eek:

C

Cowled

Originally posted by Aussie-
In US they ask 1 plat for 100qua duskwood longbow + 100qua duskwood Huntbow.
some even got theirs for 260g .

and you are asking 2,5plat?
after we gave you like
200g for -lvl 50 bows
500g for you support to 1k fletch (some even more then 1plat)
400g for a Huntbow
1plat for a 98qua Duskwood
another 500g + return of 98qua for the same one but 99qua.

And now when the x-heavy comes you ask again 900g - 2,5 plat

no wonder you have 60plat or so and making 2plat every night
asking minstrels 2,1plat for a 99qua instrument set etc.

no tnx, i'd rather wait till the prices drop again :rolleyes: or Tranq/Cowled get +1k or organise 20 dragonraids to satisfy the lvl 50 scouts you're ripping off.

what will it be when Spellcraft comes. another +1plat for the stats on the bow? :eek:
That's like 4-5plat we have to spend for 1 bow.
poor minstrels..... having 3 instruments ,a shield and a weapon to buy

Made a qua 99 dyrwood (wood just beneth duskwood) flute, sold to Velocity, pretty low.. i think it i was 100g :)

C

Cowled

Originally posted by Jarahl Valinor
or Cowled :)

btw Hejsa ;)

Ody don't send ppl to me, since im the cheapest in albion :)

Tranq follows the price-list as Ody has ... he told me.

C

Cowled

Originally posted by old.CrazyMuppet
People just seem to ignore the pain and hardship crafters go through in order to make the 99's and 100's for people... what the hell are you all thinking????

Odysseus is VERY right in asking that amount of gold... and here's why:

you want a 99% qual of anything:

1 hour trying to get to excal and back for materials, and face the nice ganksquads camping between CS and excal. Or even better: go to Benowyc and craft 1-2 items before getting ganked out of the keep cos there's 20 mids/hibs banging on the doors.

Then come back to the forge/lathe and spend HOURS crafting until you get the desired result. I don't know what the fletching top end stuff costs timewise, but crafting a single AF102 BP costs about 4-5 minutes. Getting a 99% can be a pain, especially when it takes 15 tries, run out of materials and have to get more....

Now here's the laugh.... Aussie seems to think the going rate is 1P for a 100% longbow?????

Masterpieces can be obtained after 1 try...but they may also take 200 tries... now you go and make 200 duskwood heavy longbows....you find yourself crafting for 3-4 days, not doing anything else... then, after finally getting the result you wanted, you get extreme flak here...nice...

You found a cheap crafter on a US forum who will make 100% stuff for < 1P? great, go play on that server... cos it aint gonna happen here... unless the customer is lucky.

People whine about having to farm gold for 2-3 days to pay for a crafted item, but they DO expect crafters to sit at the forge/lathe for 2-3 days to make their stuff.

The best thing you can do is not try to calculate the base cost... just accept the price that's given or look elsewhere... but don't whine please... it's not becoming...

Also people are complaining he charges the prices cos he was the only one that could make those items... why do you think that was? getting fletching high is PAIN... and if only 1 on the server bites the bullet then he has every right to charge whatever he wants.

It's easy to raise fletch, did 945 pts in 1 week :)

C

Cowled

Originally posted by Aussie-
about the hours of work: any crafter with less then 50plat? :eek:

I think i got 50g .. and had to borrow 250g from Elvo to get some armor to my inf :/

O

old.LandShark

Do you want the top-quality stuff?
Right. In that case, go look up "monopoly" in the dictionary, then come back to ody with your wallet open, k?
And if you know of fletchers who can do this qua stuff other than ody, then go and talk to them instead of whinging at ody. k?
K.

O

old.Odysseus

Thx Chera :)

and thx to cowled for spamming 4 posts totalling some 10 lines .. ever heard of edit?

C

Cowled

Originally posted by old.Odysseus
Thx Chera :)

and thx to cowled for spamming 4 posts totalling some 10 lines .. ever heard of edit?

What is edit?

Still the cheapest fletcher in albion :)

O

old.Odysseus

and unable to make anything useful for level 50 chars.

C

Cowled

I don't get money rolling in, cos of my prices..

But i do get more and more lvl 50 scouts sending me that they are interested, when i get lvl 1000+.. and wont pay your prices.

Oh ye.. but i am able to make qua 97 hunterbows duskwood, for a lvl 50 scout :)

T

Tranquil-

Ok, seems like there's a lot explaining to do.

Originally posted by Cowled

What is edit?

No you're not. Looking at your elite price formula you charge 25% on retries aswell. Lately I've not.

It's easy to raise fletch, did 945 pts in 1 week :)

Any craft can be raised fast if you have the cash and time. Sorry to disappoint you, but it doesn't take any skills. ;)

Ody don't send ppl to me, since im the cheapest in albion :)

Tranq follows the price-list as Ody has ... he told me.

I followed them a while because my guild hadn't decided on official prices yet and since I wasn't able to make the best qualities at that time I never was able to sell any bows for that price. As of now, before the "harmonizing" everyone seems to want, I'm _cheap_, and I follow the prices the other crafters in my guild do.

by Aussie
quote Tranquil: those heavy longbows cost me 98g

The price I was discussing was a normal Bow, not a Heavy longbow. The bow has a production price of about 80g iirc. I had some spare wood on me and made a 99% on the first try. Since you wanted a bow, and I didn't have the time at that moment to craft, my business instinct struck, and I figured I would ask you if you would want that bow of any chance. My price was 80g x 1.25(my provition(25%))+the enchantment price since I had enchanted it. 100g+enchantmentprice.

My prices as of now, before "harmonizing":p, is (production price) x 1.25 + (production price) x 0.5 x (number of retries).

I.e. That Bow Aussie was presented costed 80g to make.

80g x 1.25 = 100g (no retry price was added since it was the first try. If I had made i.e 3 tries in total to get desired quality, the price would have looked like this: 80g x 1.25 +40g x 2 = 180g

Equilibrium is my guild and the prices I have and will have reflects their opinion and policy. The prices will possibly change over the next days, but this needs discussion.

I'm currently at 1015 skill.

And just to inform the guys still in doubt, the chance to get a MP hasn't reduced. It's still 1 in 50 statistically. The change in 1.52 is that crafters above 1000 skill can get MP on orange and yellow items as well.

And sorry to Ody for having slagged down your thread.

O

old.Odysseus

np Tranq, yours is but a tiny contribution to the work others (aussie and cowled) have done.

C

Cowled

Ody: Sorry you are a laugh. Contacting me ingame, about harmonizing, cos u fear customors will come to me, threats on irc.. i can go on.

Tran: Yep i understand.. but u did tell me before u followed Ody's prices, therefore i would be the cheapest. But im happy u find ur own prices.

Could i order one of your heavy bows, Tran? Qua 98-99 :)

Cost 200-300g max plz

O

old.Odysseus

Ody: Sorry you are a laugh. Contacting me ingame, about harmonizing, cos u fear customors will come to me, threats on irc.. i can go on.
And now we go to personal insults in my trade-thread? Grow up. And plz do go on, it will show more about you than me.

O

old.LandShark

What is edit?

and the worst wannabe inf =)

B

belth

Nay, strike that "inf" out... Wannabe everything.

O

old.LandShark

inf drew my attention particularly, after she flamed me for attacking a warrior. Apparently, i should have mezzed him and let her perf...
What actually happened was i DD-DD-mezz'd him, he purged, cowled's inf runs up unstealthed in combat mode and starts melee him...
dies in 3 hits and then has a cry at me >.<
Told me i was the worst minstrel in the world and disbanded :]

O

old.Odysseus

I think this thread is now oficially off-topic, I will make a new one within long.

To think that preliminary prices that indicate a drop of 1-200g on most of my goods should spur such amounts of winging and crying. Ah well, it is hard to be the king.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom