Help odd bluescreen / vanishing HDD reboot

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
not sure what is causing this.

started in last few days
bluescreen.. reboot.. masterboot record missing.... reboot.. bios.. SSD drive not listed. it can see the 2 SATAs, not the windows drive. turn it off. leave it for a few mins.. turn on.. bios... finds it ok.. set boot priority... works fine..

apparently

cant for the life of me figure it out

is the SSD drive fucked ? can windows do that major a crash as to make it disappear ? any other thoughts

i really cba doing a full windows reinstall blah blah -if- it wont fix it due to hardware failure etc

so any thoughts gratefully received etc

soze

I am a FH squatter
I had 2 Kingston SSD's that had this problem and I had to RMA both of them. I think they released a firmware update to fix the issue in the end.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Try replacing the cable before replacing the drive. I had a cheap SATA cable on my old shuttle and it started pulling this stunt.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
and so it went, as i wondered, arsing thing

the phantom "5% chance for your SATA HDD Controllers to go KABLOOEE" on the Sandybridge motherboards, has decided to strike. Arse
however
free lifetime replacement board was promised at the time, to avoid faff of recall, so 8 months later, free new mobo, yay. RMAing the whole thing, not so yay, but you cant have everything

ta for help anyhooo peoples:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom