Obtaining a soloable Artifact

nick

Fledgling Freddie
Linnet said:
Depends a lot on which realm you are in. We're albs, so benefit from overpowered realm abilities.

We did this encounter with 5 people. 1 paladin, 1 cleric with BoF, a minstrel with SoS, an earth theurgist (6s pbt) and a sorceress.

We parked the skiff at the surface and set it to be public.

Paladin grabs the staff, with minstrel and cleric and theurg stuck to him/her. Minstrel hits SoS and they head to the surface, cleric uses BoF if necessary, sorcerer hangs back and mezzes zillions of sharks (whatever the max is that you can mez at one go - 15 per cast I think).

Everyone clambers into the getaway boat as fast as possible, and it gets steered away -- sharks chase for a bit but can't keep up with the boat.

Then you all sail off in search of the magical lemon of uberness, which is on a tree on an island surrounded by hesperides. With 6s PBT running, it's no big deal for a paladin to run in there and play with magical lemons, ignoring the arrows.

That's basically it. You probably could do it without the casters, but there wouldn't be much point since they are the ones who are likely to want the staff :)

Ahhhh but there's an even easier way.

Solo ML6 Sojourner minstrel. Start casting the port to bind spell then just as it's about to finish grab the staff. Continue to run to the lemon island from your bind spot and tada :)

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
Midgard Player here, so no 'overpowered' abilities :p

The Skiff idea sounds good though, but I'd guess reaching it would be the hard part. My thoughts were to have a Warrior with guard on me, with PAC Healer Spam mezzing.

Soundls like fun tho, so I may well give it a whirl.

Tiac

Loyal Freddie
Oro said:
I like PvE and RvR. Do a bit of everything. Hunt, explore, some roleplaying, some silliness. Am just about to start the ToA stuff which I've been really looking forward to. I know a lot of people have complained about the time sink but I think many are looking at it from the wrong point of view.

Most people, ESPECIALLY those that are RvR focused think its just the next thing to make them uber in RvR or that they need it to compete. Partially true possibly but not completely: its both an alternative for those that don't like constant RvR to get something that will give them something unique and some nice PvE questing, which is what a fantasy game is supposed to have.

ToA is not just about artifacts and MLs, they are just the rewards. Its the people that want the rewards fast and for little effort are the ones that are complaining the loudest when they should be taking their time to enjoy an aspect of the game which brings a new dimension to it.

There is already one very nice side effect: lvl50s are joining xp groups as they xp their artifacts which is helping lower level peeps gain big time.

People should stop just looking at their own selfish need to be uber and enjoy themselves.

Dont bring so much sense into the forum please :fluffle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom