Games Oblivion.

Helme

Resident Freddy
So, should I play Nehrim vanilla or do you suggest any mods?
I played it without mods and it was just fine, if you're used to Deadlyreflexes though you might want to add that. There aren't really many more mods for Nehrim yet. And tbh, there aren't many needed as it already comes with the ones that fixes the biggest issues with the game(scaling & the ui).

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's real fun when yu get twoshotted by, what are essentially, starter quests :p

Think i need to drop the difficulty from 75%.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
There was a megamod collection called Panhcrd's or something, about 16gigs worth of mods and fixes, turned it into a completely different/better game.

Yeah I had the Panhcrd mods - it made the world of difference. Sadly, the drive I had it on bit the dust and I didn't have a backup of it and couldn't find a working torrent again, so Oblivion was consigned to a drawer forever :( Seemed a bit pointless downloading the lesser mods after that.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Shame deadly strikes gets in the way of some of my other mods(not to mention gfx), but i grabbed a different throwing mod so it's all good.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Dont think I got past the first thing where you run through some portal to save some town that has been attacked..

What got me off really quickly was the rather slow pace and that I got fucked up pretty much regardless of what I did in there. Also that I had to run so much at such slow speed

Lethul

FH is my second home
Dont think I got past the first thing where you run through some portal to save some town that has been attacked..

What got me off really quickly was the rather slow pace and that I got fucked up pretty much regardless of what I did in there. Also that I had to run so much at such slow speed

You probably leveled in the "wrong" way mate. Try it again with some mod :p

With wrong i mean like i did with my first char, maxed sneak and nothing else (didn't know enemy's would scale). So I fought like a level 1 but were several levels higher and enemies was as well :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
Anyone know about crashes? It crashes for me right after I start (doesn't even get to the first screen). I have never had it installed on this comp before so the ini/folder duplicate thing is not the problem :(
And it crashes even without any mods.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Try installing it to c:\oblivion, sometimes helps. (good idea anyway)

Also added tricks for future ref;

- Remove all auto-save features(mods sometimes don't like it).

- 1.2.0416 patch is essential ofcourse.

Crash prevention system;

Windom Earle_s Oblivion Crash Prevention System at The Elder Scrolls Nexus - Oblivion mods and community

Exit without crash(for those hating to reset settings)

Exit Oblivion With No Crash at The Elder Scrolls Nexus - Oblivion mods and community

Ofcourse reinstalling means putting all mods back, which is a bit of a pain, but worth it :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Also depending, this all is not a 100% certain crash prevention, so save often ;)

I'm currently at level 2, after about 20h of gametime, which is incredibly fun. Makes you actually feel like you're moving towards a "hero" status when you succeed.

Though seems amgic is overpowered a bit, started a Heavy Mage class(heavy armor + magic) and it rips through enemies like butter, where my hunter class needed to tuck tail and scidaddle.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
What is the maximum level? I'll have 2 week vacation from tomorrow so I might pick it up again :p

I just want it as a time passer and some gerenal fun, but have no idea which mods etc.? What would be a good idea for just casual gaming? And what class/races are the most fun? And if you tell me to be one of those cat people or frog bastards, then forget it! :D

ps. Good thread toht

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ta :p

If you want casual, avoid any mod that tweaks levelling, it becomes rather slow paced with some of them(read 30h to level 3 here ;)).

Any mod that adds item/spells/etc to the game are fine, they don't change much.

Deadly reflex may be in your taste, only way is to find out yourself. It makes combat more challenging, so less casual too i guess(don't use it myself).

GFX mods ofcourse are given.

You don't have a max level per say, after your main skills are all 100, can't level anymore.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I just want it as a time passer and some gerenal fun, but have no idea which mods etc.? What would be a good idea for just casual gaming? And what class/races are the most fun? And if you tell me to be one of those cat people or frog bastards, then forget it! :D

Like we said before, level scaling makes levelling a bit pointless. The fun of this game - at least for me - is solving the quests (some of them are really well done, great staging etc.) as well as the freedom to do whatever you want and a world that allows you to do whatever you want.
As for mods: just install the GUI mods... the vanilla GUI is horrible.
Oblivion_Interface_Overhaul_3.7z

Race/class depends on your playstyle.
High Elfs are decent stealthers and great caster classes. I´m currently playing a mage/assassin kind of char and it´s great fun. Never played a melee char, but I guess humans would be the way to go.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Skyrim!

SkyrimScreen610.jpg

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Wow, that looks pretty. Reminds me of first seeing Sadith Mora or Ald'Rhun in Morrowind or the strange plants in Shiving isles.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bit of testing, seems to work for the most part. Fun little additions.

Bug otu at times, but meh, that's mods for ya and the msot you get is a wasted arrow, or a lost bounty.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
*checks phone*

*checks mail*

*shrugs*

No work stuff, back to sneakystealystabby stuff :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Phew. *rubs eyes*

Been playing since, well, thread started pretty much. Bit of faffing about with mods, but otherwise the weekend(+ some) has gone in running about, stealing stuff, shooting things and all in all being a total pain in the guards arses.

Around 40h of gametime and i'm level 4 :p

Funniest bit is that near bruma, there's a frost titan(added by OOO, randomly i think), which is running about killing deer, wolves, raiders, imperials and anything really it sees. One shotted me a fair amount of times when i wasn't paying attention, so have to look over my shoulder around those parts all the time. Last i saw the blasted mayhem from snowy hell, it was staring at me from behind some berrybushes, planning his inevitable run after me acros the landscape.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Btw interesting thing from the design POV: this is another example of the schizophrenia of minigames in games like this.
There are far too few lockpick sets available and you´re wasting too many of them when you let your character do the work. So instead of your character being the master thief, YOU are actually doing his work. :)
Quite interesting, because a coupld of games are trying to do exactly this "trick" (Bioshock, Fallout, Thief and all the way back to Impossible Mission on C64). :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeap, it's a great game feature when you get "fast reward, but less of it" or "slow reward, but lots of it".

Also the importance of modding possibilities of a game come really obvious.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Btw interesting thing from the design POV: this is another example of the schizophrenia of minigames in games like this.
There are far too few lockpick sets available and you´re wasting too many of them when you let your character do the work. So instead of your character being the master thief, YOU are actually doing his work. :)
Quite interesting, because a coupld of games are trying to do exactly this "trick" (Bioshock, Fallout, Thief and all the way back to Impossible Mission on C64). :)

Until you get the magic lockpick that never breaks so you can just spam auto complete.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
In those kind of situations i usually bring my own imagination in.

Kinda like when i was robbing a castle;

Had too much stuff, so left my alchemy stuff behind in a box in the guard quarters.

Went out, left my stuff at the tavern.

Next morning, casually walked in to "visit a prisoner", to give a credible reason to be there.

Picked up my alchemy stuff and walked out.

Ofcourse the game doesn't count any of it, but it's fun to play along :p

By the way, since my screenshot taking doesn't work, here's a vid of the frost titan i was talking about(by another player);

YouTube - Oblivion - Battle with a Frost Titan

Even if he's higher level then me, he still has a couple of bandits to help him and...well. Takes a bit of work.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Lets hope Helme is awake! :p

How does leveling work in Nehrim? I get learning points, and use them for different skill right. But can I still max a skill by using it? So I can buy skills I don't use much and "skill" other skills by buying them? Is that the idea? :p

Is it in that cause theoretically possible to have a level 1 character with for example 100 sneak (as it is a skill you don't get any exp for really) ?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Lets hope Helme is awake! :p

How does leveling work in Nehrim? I get learning points, and use them for different skill right. But can I still max a skill by using it? So I can buy skills I don't use much and "skill" other skills by buying them? Is that the idea? :p

Is it in that cause theoretically possible to have a level 1 character with for example 100 sneak (as it is a skill you don't get any exp for really) ?

Nehrim - FAQ

FAQ you fag :D

(Just had to say it 'cause it sounds like a meme, no offense and all that malarky ;))

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
After a quick search(a minute perhaps ;)), some skills evidently do(buggy like that).

Oh btw, some people seem to say that it's worse then oblivions system, since you level damn slowly and because the attribute points work the same way as in oblivion(so even harder to raise attributes).

But it's a standalone mod, so treat it as such and live by its rules ;)

Helme

Resident Freddy
It basically works like the Gothic system, you get learning points, you use them. You can raise some skills slowly, real slowly by using them but it isn't the main way to do it.

Lethul

FH is my second home
It basically works like the Gothic system, you get learning points, you use them. You can raise some skills slowly, real slowly by using them but it isn't the main way to do it.

Haven't played Gothic a lot (should I?) :( I guess I will have to experiment a bit (have 35 learning points now and don't know what to use them on :p). Currently have mainly Marksmanship/Blade and Sneak. Sneak is easy enough to level without using learning points so is marksmanship and blade. So I guess I will boost magical skills with the learning points.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'd wait on the point-dump. You might find yourself in a situation where you should've used the points for main skills(like blade), because raising the skills(if i remember correctly) gets slower the higher you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom