Oblivion :D

Aada

Part of the furniture
Whos picking it up?

I'm not sure if i'm going to get the Xbox 360 or the PC version here are my specs.

3400 AMD64
2 GIGS DDR 400
400 GIG HDD
X850 256MB

If you had these specs which version would you most likely go for? im tempted for the 360 version because i know its going to work great straight out of the box, but im concerned what the controls will be like on the controller as kb/mouse wins on Morrowwind.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I'd say you have to look at it from a different angle to specs alone.

The 360 version will no doubt get some extra content at some point, but the PC version will get a fuck-ton. So if you're happy to risk it running a little slow on the PC, but really want the user made content, well, you know what you're going to do.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yeah thats also in my mind.. the construction pack added endless gameplay for the last Elderscrolls.

But do you think the PC would run it on high settings? or would i have to settle for medium?>

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
Aada said:
Whos picking it up?

I'm not sure if i'm going to get the Xbox 360 or the PC version here are my specs.

3400 AMD64
2 GIGS DDR 400
400 GIG HDD
X850 256MB

If you had these specs which version would you most likely go for? im tempted for the 360 version because i know its going to work great straight out of the box, but im concerned what the controls will be like on the controller as kb/mouse wins on Morrowwind.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=273432

Similar specs to you?
Me,i'm going for the Xbox360 version so i can play it sitting on a comfy sofa with widescreen tv as i know im going to spend loads of time playing it :).Should have it by Thursday.

EDIT: By the way,the construction set doesn't come with the game apparently.You have to download it seperately.http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Main_Page

Aada

Part of the furniture
Reading round the internet some people are getting really bad loading times and some aren't (360 version) people are saying it can take up to 10 seconds to load their inventory.

When running around on a horse you get constant loading messages every 30 seconds or so..

But then some people are saying the game is fine.. so i guess this game really determines weather you have a fucked up 360 or not ;/

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Seems more like a bad batch of discs but it could be a drive syncing problem as well. Guess we will wait and see what the devs have to say.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
From what I've read so far, it looks as if this game has fallen flat on its face.

I'm too lazy to cancel my preorder, however, so I'm going to witness the disaster myself on thursday.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I've got it on pre-order on the 360 been waiting some years for this now, this weekend I will play it almost non-stop (need to pee at some point)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
got both LE box on pre order, just wondering if anyone know how many hours the game will take to finish?

the last one altho brillant took me 1 year of on off gaming to finish

Mr.Bee

Fledgling Freddie
The more videos I see the less excited I seem to get. The world seems totally empty in the clips and the character models are awful.

Yaka said:
got both LE box on pre order, just wondering if anyone know how many hours the game will take to finish?

25 hours for main quest, 200 hours for everything I think they said

Also found a nice little website to test your pc requirements for games if anyone doesnt know about it :- http://www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest

Talivar

Part of the furniture
This game isnt falling flat on its face lol, so far ive not seen 1 review under 90% and even on forums full of endless threads ive yet to see some1 not like it after buying it.The only complaints ive seen are over pop up dinstance and odd loading times and even then the ppl complaining always say aside from that the game is great.
As to the long loading times on 360,on official forums a solution was posted about how to clear cache and solve it, was something like hold A as game boots up and keep hold until title screen.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yaka said:

the last one altho brillant took me 1 year of on off gaming to finish

Anywhere from 40-200 hours depending how much you like to explore I am told.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
tbh i dont really get what's so great about oblivion, just looks like a standard rpg to me. The graphics look good but nothing that special compared to latest games - watched a bit of gamestop's live coverage event thing today - just looks boring tbh.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Moo said:
tbh i dont really get what's so great about oblivion, just looks like a standard rpg to me. The graphics look good but nothing that special compared to latest games - watched a bit of gamestop's live coverage event thing today - just looks boring tbh.

It won't appeal to people who don't like the open ended single player games. Fine theres a main quest but the real thing about the Elderscrolls series has been to be what you want to be basicly/do what you want (within the game limits).

I didn't really like Morrowind to begin with but the more i played it the more i loved it.. i just loved finding new towns and doing dastardly deeds :).

The graphics are the best yet on the 360.. forget GRAW thats nothing compared to this.

Like i said it won't appeal to people who don't like the whole do what you wanna do thing in a singleplayer game.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
I've found a tip for loeading problems on the 360 if anyone gets them.

Official from Bethesda:

"Oblivion uses the Xbox 360 hard drive extensively to cache (copy and reuse) game data. This is done to optimize all loading the game does. It has been found in rare cases on some Xbox 360s that the cached data can get overly fragmented. This exhibits itself by the game taking a long time to load anything from menus, dialogue, sounds, objects, levels, and more.

To solve this problem, reset your Xbox, and hold down the A button as the game is booting up. If any button is held while Oblivion is loading, it will clear its hard drive cache, and create a new one. Once you see the “Bethesda Softworks” logo video, the game is already loaded, and the cache should have been cleared.

Note, this does not effect your game in any way other than loading. You will not lose any saved data."

Am getting the 360 version, I'll get the PC version around chrismas as I should have a new PC and some decent mods should be out by then.

Ah well atleast this time the 360 can get some official mods via Live or fix game breaking bugs.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Deacan said:
I've found a tip for loeading problems on the 360 if anyone gets them.

Am getting the 360 version, I'll get the PC version around chrismas as I should have a new PC and some decent mods should be out by then.

Ah well atleast this time the 360 can get some official mods via Live or fix game breaking bugs.

Yeah il get the 360 version too mainly coz my GF plays WoW while im on the 360..

plus achivements :D

Aada

Part of the furniture
I just checked out the Gamespot highlights on that 12 hour session.. man that Kevin is pretty fun to watch playing that game.

Game looks awsome :D didn't notice any slowdown at all when he was playing it.

I'm not sure what the hell i'm going to do once i'm in the game.. explore and just do what i want or go with the main quest and see where it takes me.

Isn't the game something like 25 miles size wise? if so thats some exploration to be done.. in MW you could walk in the middle of nowhere and find a nice little village full with people doing things.. then you could kill them all and turn the whole place into a ghost town.

I'll outside GAME on friday morning ready for them opening :D

I've been watching some American friends gamer cards and seeing them get the points on the game.. envy :(

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Just had an e-mail from Play.com they have posted my 360 copy, hoorah! but it will prolly arrive on fri morning and I won't be able to get home to play it till half 11pm or later on friday, as im working all day, but I don't think ill be going to sleep I will prolly play it till the early hours.

Oysterboy

Fledgling Freddie
oblivion_order.jpg

:cheers: :clap:

Aada

Part of the furniture
Oysterboy said:

I'm going to get the 360 version after all i want to be able to play the game with all the eye candy.. reading around you really need a 7800 to be able to play the game with everything high.. even then people with high end machines are saying they get terrible frame rate issues at some points in the game..

not to mention the crashes etc 360 version seems more stable.. guess thats why i'm slowly going back to console gaming they work right out of the box.

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
Heh,i told myself i would never buy an Xbox360 when they came out as i had a descent pc and would stick to that for my gaming fun.But i'm getting tired of having to upgrade all the time so i got myself one last month.Glad i did as im loving GRAW and Oblivion is out this week.

Aada

Part of the furniture
supersaint said:
Heh,i told myself i would never buy an Xbox360 when they came out as i had a descent pc and would stick to that for my gaming fun.But i'm getting tired of having to upgrade all the time so i got myself one last month.Glad i did as im loving GRAW and Oblivion is out this week.

Heh yeah totally right.. i won't be getting a new PC for a while now.. i get sick and tired of buying something brand new and 2mins later something better is out ;/

Anyways check this video of this guy killing the wolf.. physics look amazing as the wolf dies and rolls all the way down the hill and into the river at the bottom.

Plus i thought the guy was quite hilarious when he saw the wolf.. Hes American also so the accent just added to it.

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1Y3C28T8QHG6G2PDWGE8LPGQ0K

Aada

Part of the furniture
Anyone looking to become a Vampire? from what i've been reading so far it sounds pretty authentic how they have done it.. constantly being hurt badly in day light.

Not feeding for 4 days or so you gain strengths/weakness and you start to look like a Vampire. When you look like a Vampire you will be ignored in towns and guards will KOS.

However feed once a day and you gain other strengths/weakness but your apperance looks more human like and people will talk to you.

Its been interesting reading forums and seeing the yanks panic now because if you go to a church and pray within 3 days once you contract it, its cured.. however if not your a vampire and the only way to reverse it is to aquire 5 very hard to get rare stones.

I've been ready posts such as ''omgomg this sux i keep dieing in day light coz im a vampire'' lol :D

Definatly something i'll be looking into.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Its bloody annoying, all my yanke friends are playing Oblivion.
Atleast 1/3 of my friends list is playing it.

My order has been shiped, and might arrive today, as The Outfit arrived a day early.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Deacan said:

My order has been shiped, and might arrive today, as The Outfit arrived a day early.

I'm with you.. just hoping i don't get some of the terrible framerate/loading problems some people have been facing that would just kill the game there and then for me ;/

Aada

Part of the furniture
Deacan said:

You got it yet Deacan? i gotta wait until tomorrow :( will be outside GAME at 9am though :D going to get an early night and refreshed ready for a marathon tomorrow.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
My copy has arrived.

And am also off work till Tuesday, so its time to play!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Deacan said:
My copy has arrived.

And am also off work till Tuesday, so its time to play!

Bitch :( post on here what you think of it later :D

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
Great video.Wish i wasn't at work tomorrow,my copy arrived today.Don't know wether to go full Mage or Battlemage :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom