Help O365 / Win 10 experts please!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
OK, I admit having messed up my work laptop - I have done so many hacks to try to fix the 'Outlook password nagging' issue that I almost stopped it booting! Our internal IT is outsourced and shite though, hence my trying to fix it myself.

I trust you folks alot more.

Right now we're getting there slowly, but the main issue I have is 'activating' my office apps following a complete uninstall (including teams and onedrive) followed by a re-install from the office.com site (where I can actually use outlook etc).
The error I am getting is akin to 'there is another user of this id on your pc', but there isn't! I have read some stuff about credentials manager and stuff, but having already fucked it up and recovered a bit to this point I would rather ask for your help, my friends!

If you need more info please do ask, and if you can provide any help I would be very grateful.... I might even dish out a custom title!! (yes, that's tantamount to bribery!!)

Jup.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Check office 365 settings (website). Go to manage installations you should see a list of devices. Deactivate the machine you're having issues with.

Then re-sign in and activate via the app.

Might work.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thanks chaps - will (reluctantly) switch to work laptop later and give these a go!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
@Jupitus have you gone to settings, accounts and checked you are signed into a work or school profile there? If you aren't then that should fix it.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
@Jupitus You promised a title!

I never promised!! Thanks for the suggestions though folks... got part way there but 2 steps back today so I am giving up and gonna take it into the office for a rebuild... our IT is effing useless since were taken over and TCS picked it up

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I never promised!! Thanks for the suggestions though folks... got part way there but 2 steps back today so I am giving up and gonna take it into the office for a rebuild... our IT is effing useless since were taken over and TCS picked it up

Yikes, TCS... we use them aswell, and they're worthless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom