Misc Nzb etc

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
i stopped using nzb when newzbin etc got shut down cause I couldn't be bothered finding sites that would list available ones.

I not been able to find 5.1 stuff so easy from other means recently and was wondering if nzb was usable again. And if so if someone could pm me good indexing site that is joinable.

Cheers.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Nzbgrabit is the indexing site I use, as good as any I have used in the past. I have never left newsgroups, would be lost without them. On my phone typing this but if you need more info etc give me a shout. Nzbgrabit is impressive after donating I should warn you about that, in my opinion well worth it though.

Poag

m00?
I use nzbs.org personally. However the sick beard index is also really good if you use the sick beard app.

Trem

I want to know more about this sick beard stuff but I may be too thick. Is it a Linux thing?

Poag

m00?
sickbeard isn't overly complex. Once its setup it'll handle 99% of tv show downloads for you.

Runs on python on Linux, OSX or Windows :) the guides on the site are pretty good for setting it up :)

Trem

Hmm. Seems I will look at grab it and sick beard.

You used the same culprits to dl the nzb ?

I use SAB Nzb which is on my server for all my remote downloads, pretty much everything actually and Grabit if I want something on my laptop but Grabit is a bit shite. SAB is quite frankly brilliant.

sickbeard isn't overly complex. Once its setup it'll handle 99% of tv show downloads for you.

Runs on python on Linux, OSX or Windows :) the guides on the site are pretty good for setting it up :)

I did briefly look at the guides once but it was when I was working, I will have another go now I have slightly more time (in between dealing with mental mother etc :) ) but it is something I was very interested in.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Hmm. Seems I will look at grab it and sick beard.

You used the same culprits to dl the nzb ?

I didn't get sickbeard to work. Granted I didn't try very hard but I didn't have the time to mess about with it.

Ive actually gone back to uT as it has everything I need.

Tilda

Use nzbdrone over sickbeard, easier to use and set up, does the same thing.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I never got into usenet and stuff.

Let me get this straight, you pay to pirate?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Use nzbdrone over sickbeard, easier to use and set up, does the same thing.
If you use windows, otherwise it's shit (Mono)

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I never got into usenet and stuff.

Let me get this straight, you pay to pirate?
It's more like you pay to download from a source that doesn't keep records of what you download from what I've read.

old.Osy

How's this better over torrenting from private trackers?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
How's this better over torrenting from private trackers?
It isn't if the private trackers have what you want. Although the private tracker I was a member of got shut down.

Difference is that Usenet has everything uploaded mostly. Where as trackers only have what people can then be arsed to convert to a torrent. Also with a torrent you are sharing. So potentially can be prosecuted for uploading or sharing material. Where as use groups your only down loading.

Trem

What @Moriath said and also honestly for me it was always the speed. I mean for about 10 years now I have been on N/G's and back in day torrents were really shit to start off with. Some would take days to download and when I saw the difference of N/G's it was a no brainer for me. I have just stuck with them and yes I do like the extra privacy and the SSL option etc.

old.Osy

Different experiences i guess... I have 100 mbit connection, and my torrents always hit the speed limit. It is very rarely that i do not find something on various trackers (read, almost never), and when that happens, the community helps by pointing me in the right direction.

But if you're happy with what you have, that's fine aswell.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Different experiences i guess... I have 100 mbit connection, and my torrents always hit the speed limit. It is very rarely that i do not find something on various trackers (read, almost never), and when that happens, the community helps by pointing me in the right direction.

Pm me your trackers lol

Trem

I am on private torrent sites also and now I get very good speeds but what I was saying that back in the day (think 8 - 10 years ago I guess) the speeds were awful, you could never max out your connection *ever* on any torrent but with newsgroups you would get full speed every time.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
They're only private until a government somewhere decides to rip them down.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The day the industry wakes up and realises that their current distribution network is redundant is the day I stop torrenting films and TV. Netflix and the like are a good start but by the time they get a film or show I have already seen it.

I don't go to the cinema because it is a deeply unpleasant experience and costs a fortune
I don't buy bluerays because they are not good value for money.
I don't watch stuff on TV because they only have old stuff on and would rather watch stuff back to back if I can.
I watch the odd film on box office but again, its usually at least a few months after release it appears.

They are stuck in the last century. I don't buy any other media in a physical format so why are films still so reliant on it?!

Trem

What got me when I was in the video shop business was that you know the DVD that you bought or I guess the Bluray now, well that isn't yours. The studios still rightly own that, that is their property. The rules and goal post moving (always to favour BlockBuster over every other rental shop) was sickening and it was turned into an unworkable trade.

Hollywood are horrible fucking scum and all of this torrent site closure is just them stamping their feet and bullying ISP's instead of actually giving the punter value for fucking money. It's also no coincidence that Branson's Virgin Media was at the forefront of blocking torrent sites from your browser.......yeah that's hard to get around Dicky you bellend :eek:

Give me a Bluray for a fiver that I want and I will buy it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
What got me when I was in the video shop business was that you know the DVD that you bought or I guess the Bluray now, well that isn't yours. The studios still rightly own that, that is their property. The rules and goal post moving (always to favour BlockBuster over every other rental shop) was sickening and it was turned into an unworkable trade.

Hollywood are horrible fucking scum and all of this torrent site closure is just them stamping their feet and bullying ISP's instead of actually giving the punter value for fucking money. It's also no coincidence that Branson's Virgin Media was at the forefront of blocking torrent sites from your browser.......yeah that's hard to get around Dicky you bellend :eek:

Give me a Bluray for a fiver that I want and I will buy it.
It's like paying fifteen quid to go sit in the cinema for ninty minutes. That's more than the minimum hourly wage to go watch a movie.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I wouldn't mind paying that if the experience was good but as it is you have to sit with the plebs coughing, laughing at things that aren't funny, constantly needing a piss and talking.

Trem

I go to the cinema once a year, well I have for the past two years and this Xmas will be my last. I take my boy to see the Hobbit and if it wasn't for the joy of sitting with him I would hate every single second of it, I even choose seats over to the side to avoid being by people, you know, so I can avoid getting arrested :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom