Nyd's Last Stand

K

krill-nyd

Nyd is closing down as a guild and to mark our decline, we invite all of Nyd's friends in Midgard to come along and join us for a night of mayhem and fun. You can join us literally by leaving your guild and joining up to become a member of Nyd for the night; we?ll be inviting anyone in who wants to join for the night.

Conditions are that if you are in Nyd you behave as if you are in-Midgard [that is, you roleplay yourself in-character] and that you leave Nyd at the end of the night. Make sure you talk to your own guild so you can get re-invited to your usual home.

So whether you want to join Nyd for one-night or just want to come along to help us lay Nyd to rest, join up. We'll specify which horrible enemies we go to fight on the night, just so we can keep it a surprise. Any important loot or items that come our way during the night will be distributed according to the whims of Nyd's leader (that's me) or our NE's normal loot distribution policy. It's about fun and killing enemies, not items.

Details: Thursday, 19th June, 8pm bst/9pm cet. Start point Svasud Faste. Cg should be open before that.
Casia, Trigali and Krill will be offering invitations to join Nyd, contact any one of those from 7pm or so that night to get in-character.

Just a personal note. I'm the last of the three founders of Nyd still in-Midgard and I'll be leaving Nyd at the end of the evening. This is Nyd's farewell (though Nyd will go on for a short while with a few members as they decide what to do) and my farewell to Nyd. But I'm not leaving Midgard, I'll be mesmerisation breaking for a while to come yet.

X

Xarma

Sorry to hear about these news Krill, I will try to be there to celebrate your last day in Nyd, and might even join up if Tufnir agrees to let me back in after. =)

P

Petronella

Oh no, What a shame... I will join this event for sure to show my appreciation against Nyd and what they have done for Midgard.

K

kalgarn

sorry to hear that krill :(
will be around to give nyd a worthy goodbye

T

Tufnir

Im sure that many of our friends in Midgard will join you in this noble task. One thing you might reconsider, is to start the hunt in Aegirhamn, as you offer the shelter in the Nyd house during the event, and adding the nice emblem of yours to the cloaks & shields would be nice :)

Take care friends & good luck in what is yet to come.

Originally posted by Xarma
Sorry to hear about these news Krill, I will try to be there to celebrate your last day in Nyd, and might even join up if Tufnir agrees to let me back in after. =)

That can be arranged dear Kobolt friend :)

I

ImLestat

Damn I'm sorry to hear this. A big /salut to Nyd.

C

Cami

I'm sorry to hear this Krill, hope you and the rest of Nyd find another nice home :)

I

insomnia

I wish you nothing but the best, and ofcourse I will be around to give you the goodbye you are all worth

E

Eir Knebitar

No, this is so mean of you Krill. You cant do this to me!

I've left Purple Warriors and was consindering joining Nyd because I want to be in a guild that roleplays. And now this - you just cant do it. Will you change you mind if I tell you about Ingun, the lovely little Master of the Spirits?

---

When the word finds Ingun deep inside the Lair of Iarnvidur, she cant believe her own ears. Nyd, the guild she had admired for so long. Krill the ugly troll, but still she liked him. Even Ayam the norse <Ingun spits> healer. They would now longer be part of Nyd. Ingun cant let this go and tries to get back to Hagall in a safe way. But being herself, that means she's going via Valhalla and ends up in Svasud Faste. There she starts the hunt for Krill - a hunt that takes her over most of Midgard before she manages to get her small hands on him. Oh how he regrets what he has told the town criers in Midgard...

---

But would you consider having your "Let's all join Nyd" day the 18th in stead of the 19th? I'm going away the 19th and cant change my plane ticket. So just for me, so Ingun the lovely little Master of the Spirits can be a Nydian, will you change the date? Please <gets down on her knees and begs> please?

H

Hufner

It is a sad day for Midgard.
Only lessened by the knowledge that some of you will stay on in other colours...
And I feel sad that I can't join in on your last hunt, but alas - I'm allready occupied that day :(

I

Irgil

a sad day indeed, too bad i cant be there to join in on the last hunt :(

/military
/bow

O

old.Gromnir

/military

A shame to see a great guild close. But at least your closing if with style.

A warm salute from a hibi roleplay :)

R

Roo Stercogburn

Roo waved away the messenger and opened the scroll. The messenger scurried back towards the door and closed it behind him. Opening the scroll Roo began to read with an ever deepening frown. Not good news in many ways. But perhaps this situation could be turned to advantage.

Making small deft motions in the air and incanting in the faintest of whispers Roo started the portal summoning. An area of blackness the just larger than a man grew into being. Stepping into the portal Roo disappeared and the rift closed behind him.

The hall was vast and dim, pillers lining each side. At the end there was a cloaked figure with the hood drawn back revealing an old man with piercing blue eyes. Roo stepped from the portal and approached him. He sensed the monsters close that were invisible to the untrained mind and walked confidently towards him. The old man sneered as Roo got close.
"You're power is lessened, your protector gone. You should not dare to enter here." he says in deep voice.
"Greetings Summoner, I wish a boon of Hel."
The old man burst out laughing, "You ask too much, as always."
"It is not for you to decide on who Hel bestows her blessings. And here though your power is mighty, its use is closely watched. Not all the invisible ones here are yours to command."
The old man shifted uncomfortably as Roo said this.
"What do you want?" he snapped.
"I want my father back."
"He was laid to rest. You cannot have him as your servant again. With the death of the dragon, the debt was filled. Hel will give you another to serve Midgard."
"Hel will decide, not you."
"And what do you offer Hel in return?"

"I'll bring her the head of that fool Thane."

-------------------------

Roo will be there ;)

MUHAHAHAHAHA(TM)

K

krill-nyd

Krill returned to the cave, weary. He had ridden far and fought little. In each Inn he had visited he had put up his notice about Nyd’s Last Stand. In each Inn, he had had to talk much and explain little. It was almost the hardest work of all for a follower of Thor.

Only once had he been given pause. As his horse had trampled over the bridge before Audliten, he had been suddenly drenched with rain and thunder had clashed around him. He thought he must have been sleeping on the horse as he seemed to glimpse Thor himself, hammer raised in warning. But the vision had swiftly passed.

Madam Iagdtod greeted him and quickly placed a small troll on his lap. For some hours then his time was not his own and the worries about what he had just announced remained far into the back of his mind. Finally peace returned to the cave and he and Madam opened some troll wine and she asked how it had gone. He told her all he could remember, but for some reason leaving out Thor, it seemed a little childish. She hugged him finally and told him again she thought he was doing the right thing. Finally, she asked the one question she never forgot to ask ‘Did you see Roo out there?’ Krill answered he had not.

Some time later Krill drifted to sleep, his mind replaying all the doubts he had held for so long about what he should do. At some imperceptible time, he began to see. First, he saw an army, all under the banner of Nyd, following him in wave upon wave up a keep, taking down a Lord and unfurling Nyd’s banners on battlements in enemy territory. A quick series of images passed by him: blue and yellow clad midgardians speaking a strange tongue; many from an alliance of the new; a gate and a worn place where a skald and berserker often stood a hunter stealthed nearby; a bar where many women clad in blue and white drank in celebration; a strange snake biting its own tail, with many fighters behind it, beckoning. A healer shaded into a kobold blade.

This dissolved and first a green clad kobold rode toward him, jumped off hugged him, winked and then rode away. The scene shifted and a healer, thin and caustic, stood next to him berating him for hitting the wrong monster, but insulting him as only someone who really cared could. Clouds covered the healer. Peace seemed to descend.

Then Baron Fulwar stood over him, fangs dripping, eyes red and insane, gloating as he had when Krill was once imprisoned in Askheim. Fulwar said something, then lightning flashed and the scene shifted. The same Thor stood out, holding his hammer in the same warning. A nameless dread came over him, a dark room full of many enemies, a rush and a hooded one. Cries of the dead and dieing.

Then Krill woke, shaking. He sat up and when Madam Iagdtod asked him he said. “I’ve finally remembered what Fulwar told me, when he had me helpless in Askheim. He said ‘I work for Hel now.’”

K

Kharok Svark

Krill, I will be proud to join you on that night, and even prouder to share the day (also possibly my last day of DAoC).

There have been few ingame who can be saluted as being pure to the spirit of the game but Esola, Ayam, and yourself have been nothing else.

All I can say is, I have been truly honoured to have met you, grouped with you and known you, and I only hope that the life ahead of you provides the rewards deserving of one so kind as you.

S

shanks

They say only the good die young, well I guess that's true. Best of luck guys.

S

si1verwolf

A firm salute for all in Nyd... Krill and Ayam and the others have stood out as a good, kind guild, who enjoyed roleplaying. These kind of players are very few and far between now with Nyd's passing!

Good luck to the guildies of Nyd and whatever they go on to do!

S

Stonebits

I am truely saddened by this....

When we started Dah Troll Patrol, we tried to play 'in character' as Trolls, but sadly it seems to have died out.....

But every time I say a Nyd member running about I was always happy knowing there was at least one guild who still play out the RPG part of MMORPG....

I can also remember you being extremly helpful, back in the days when Silverwolf, Kharok and I were in 'Sons of Thor'.

I cant make the thursday fun, but hope its a scream....

All the best... Hope you find a home where you will be as happy :D

O

Old Nicodemus

The young kobold waved his arms frantically in the air. His energetic movements brought on by fret and worry.

The old mage stared at his godsson, his shocked expression clearly indicating his unease at what he was hearing.

"Krill is leaving?"

Nicomidies, young kobold and Shaman of Nyd, nodded his head. His eyes as big as saucers in his blue face.

"Hrrrrmmmphh! Not good. Not good at all."

Quickly taking out a piece of parchment he scribbled onto it, folded it and passed it to Nicomidies.

"Here. Take this and post it in the Nyd Inn. I will talk to Krill later."

Nicomidies took the letter and ran off.

The old mage sat back in his chair and chewed his lip.

"not good." he muttered.

"not good at all".

K

Kaitlyn

*Casia sat on her furs in her room at the inn of Nyd.*

So this is it, the end of an era. Nyd finally closes its doors to the outside world.

*Sighs and pulls on the armor given by Krill, wields the hammer and shield crafted by
Gorthon and slips a bottle of champagne and a buttercup into her pack*

*Giggles to herself*

There are rats gnawing at the floorboards, the rain comes in through the roof, molochan tempters in the cellar, and not a single stool that doesnt wobble, but how
can any other home offer so much warmth and companionship as this run down place has.
I dont know where I will end up next, but I know that Nyd will always be in my heart as the home of the sweetest, kindest, most imaginative group of people I have ever had the pleasure to meet.

I

IronlungDTP

A sad day..

I hope to make Thrusday Krill. If for some reason i'm not there I wish you, and the rest of Nyd, all the best.

T

trigali

Remember, it's this Thursday.

We'll make it a night to remember. Well, at the very least it will be a night we Nydians will remember.

I have spoken with Krill and, for our very own swan song, he agreed to wear the relevant clothing.

H

Hargh

Hargh scratches his chin.

"Mmmm Hargh think he can get from chores for long night on Thor's Dar. Mrs.Hargh out with girls. Hargh think he will come along"

He reaches up and grabs a Mygga from the air and whispers in its ear. After a few seconds he stops, pauses and looks at the Mygga... then eats it.

"Hargh find other way of telling guild"

F

farathorn_nexus

Nyd signing out :(

A big /military to Nyd!

K

krill-nyd

Thanks for the kind words all. Anyone who wants to join Nyd for the night, can find me wandering Aegirhamn in the hour before start time. Chance to decide your guild colours and get the lovely tree of Nyd on your gear <winks>.

D

dozigden

Deep in his cave Dozigden awakes. He brushes the sedament of sleep from his eyes - he has slept long and deep.

This is a day he's both eagerly awaited and wished would never come. Today he hangs up his cloak of Savage Conclave. Today he will be looking for a new cloak - one bearing the emblem of Nyd. But it is also a sad day because at the end of the day he will be hanging it up on a peg never to be worn again...

"Dozi long think Nyd emblem be good one wear" He says aloud to no one in particular. "Dozi hope be big special day for Nyd."

Picking up his hammer Dozigden starts the trek down to find his old friend Big Krill...

O

old.tuppe

Northland's old and wretched shepherd,
Nasshut, the despised protector
Of the flocks of Sariola,
Throws the dying Lemminkainen,
Throws the hero of the islands,
Into Tuonela's river,
To the blackest stream of death-land,
To the worst of fatal whirlpools.
Lemminkainen, wild and daring,
Helpless falls upon the waters,
Floating down the coal-black current,
Through the cataract and rapids
To the tombs of Tuonela.

There the blood-stained son of death-land,
There Tuoni's son and hero,
Cuts in pieces Lemminkainen,
Chops him with his mighty hatchet,
Till the sharpened axe strikes flint-sparks
From the rocks within his chamber,
Chops the hero into fragments,
Into five unequal portions,
Throws each portion to Tuoni,
In Manala's lowest kingdom,
Speaks these words when he has ended:
"Swim thou there, wild Lemminkainen,
Flow thou onward in this river,
Hunt forever in these waters,
With thy cross-bow and thine arrow,
Shoot the swan within this empire,
Shoot our water-birds in welcome!"
Thus the hero, Lemminkainen,
Thus the handsome Kaukomieli,
The untiring suitor, dieth
In the river of Tuoni,
In the death-realm of Manala.

link to full poet

G

Groborthir

So sad that such an admirable guild is adding themselves to the list of all the other admirable guilds who are locking down.

You guys are great chaps, and I'll try to be there to join in on the Slay, Celebrate 'n Say Goodbye party.

See you tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread