News Nurofen Plus product recall

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Should have released this drug a month sooner, you'd have a lot less riots in England.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
As if the chavs would pay for Nurofen, they'd get the cheap 10p packets from Tesco etc :p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
As if the chavs would pay for Nurofen, they'd get the cheap 10p packets from Tesco etc :p

I buy them too, Nurofen is a fucking rip off for what it is, the tesco shit does the same job anyway :<

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Don't worry man, not saying you're wrong, I do the same :p I've got a mate who's a pharmacist, he says the cheap ones and premium brands have exactly the same stuff in :p

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I buy them too, Nurofen is a fucking rip off for what it is, the tesco shit does the same job anyway :<

You do realise it's Nurofen Plus which is codeine + ibuprofen which Tesco don't / can't sell as it's a pharmacy only medicine, and thus "can't do the same job" as the Tesco shit?

Oh, a recommendation to all:

Nurofen Plus and Boots' "Paracetamol + Codeine". Paracetamol, ibuprofen and a double kick of codeine. Superb, can't feel your hands afterwards.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
pah, Scots and their opiate habits...

old.user4556

We're hardcore, we grind up Nurofen + and snort it.

Corran

Part of the furniture
You do realise it's Nurofen Plus which is codeine + ibuprofen which Tesco don't / can't sell as it's a pharmacy only medicine, and thus "can't do the same job" as the Tesco shit?

Oh, a recommendation to all:

Nurofen Plus and Boots' "Paracetamol + Codeine". Paracetamol, ibuprofen and a double kick of codeine. Superb, can't feel your hands afterwards.

haha, dont do it with nurofen plus... but when my Mrs is suffering from her illnesses badly (fibromyagia amoungst others)... she gets diclofenic, nurofen and paracetamol. Completely knocks her out for the night whereas nothing else lets her sleep at all. Great job :)

on topic. I dont understand wtf happened... considering the drug which is in the packets is made by a different company then surely it one of the employees taking the piss and planting them in the system? cant think how else it gets tthere if they truelly are different companies

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I sometimes think I'm unique in using painkillers about once every five years...

old.user4556

I typically only use them to mitigate a hangover, they certainly do help take the edge off it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I sometimes think I'm unique in using painkillers about once every five years...

Nope, I'll take between 1 and 2 paracetamols a year, usually in the form of night nurse if I've got a heavy cold.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't use pain killers. I do take lemsip when I have a cold though, which contains paracetamol.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Nope, I'll take between 1 and 2 paracetamols a year, usually in the form of night nurse if I've got a heavy cold.

Same here. Can't remember the last time I took medication for anything actually.

As for taking Nurofen/paracetamol as a hangover cure, surely everyone knows the best solution is the hair of the dog. :D

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Well I'm sure Ian holloway will make everyone aware at Blackpool

old.user4556

Lots of vitamin C is the mian thing for hangovers tbh, something like barocca > hangovers

Definitely, Barocca is my main morning after, but I usually do a pint of water + pain killers before bed. I find Barocca keeps me wide awake if I take it before bed.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Definitely, Barocca is my main morning after, but I usually do a pint of water + pain killers before bed. I find Barocca keeps me wide awake if I take it before bed.
Thats pretty retarded, take some liver and kidney toxic pills (that have a half life of 4hours). While your liver and kidneys are hard at work breaking down toxic alcohol.

Not to mention the half life is only around 3-4hours and you will be sleeping for 7-8, so worthless.

Killswitch

FH is my second home

I'm the same...for some reason every woman I have a relationship with usually starts popping Nurofen at the first sign of a headache, cold, stubbed toe, stiff neck or anything else. I'm the guy who played 3 full games of basketball with two broken fingers on his shooting hand and no pain relief.

I won't take painkillers on general principle! I'm a MANLY man godammit!

I'd generally rather get pissed up and pass out in a pool of my own sick anyway, it's more fun that taking two aspirin and watching Celebrity Big Brother and complaining loudly about my headache/toothache/earache or whatever else.

old.user4556

Thats pretty retarded, take some liver and kidney toxic pills (that have a half life of 4hours). While your liver and kidneys are hard at work breaking down toxic alcohol.

Not to mention the half life is only around 3-4hours and you will be sleeping for 7-8, so worthless.

Why is it retarded? Other than your usual mouthy bullshit, have you any concrete evidence that it's pointless? I think you'll also find that the reason I take pain killers is to help me sleep which helps me to have less of a hangover. Additionally, ibuprofen is also perfectly safe with alochol consumption which I studied as part of my healthcare training.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Why is it retarded? Other than your usual mouthy bullshit, have you any concrete evidence that it's pointless? I think you'll also find that the reason I take pain killers is to help me sleep which helps me to have less of a hangover. Additionally, ibuprofen is also perfectly safe with alochol consumption which I studied as part of my healthcare training.
Healthcare training? :worthy: you will know Ibu is a NSAID then and not a true analgesic? The worry with NSAIDs is the stomach

"Ibuprofen is part of the anti-inflammatory drug family known as NSAIDs, which can cause tears in the stomach lining if taken on an empty tummy. Add alcohol to the mix, and the potential danger is heightened. If you take ibuprofen when drinking more than the recommended amount for women (about two to three drinks), you increase your risk of stomach irritation and bleeding. This is especially true for people who are prone to ulcers."

"Acetaminophen and alcohol in combination overwhelm the liver's ability to remove toxins from your bloodstream. . . . It's not clear from the medical literature what happens if you take acetaminophen after a one-time bender (as opposed to chronic alcohol abuse). But don't substitute some other painkiller — aspirin and ibuprofen can have side effects too. Better to be suffering than dead."

Sounds like your healthcare training was a load of bollocks .... I didn't realise NSAIDs were sleeping aids either. Retarded culture we have of popping toxic pills to help our self's ... which would actually lengthen the hang over process and age your kidneys and liver faster.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Been taking the damn things like sweets over the last couple of weeks; sinus infection caused by tooth abcess leading to root canal yesterday. Then my gums swelled up so the root canal is complete but I can't have the tooth reconstuction until next week when its calmed down. So now I have a temporary filling that feels like a giant hole in my head and a lovely jaw throb to go with it. Nurofen is my friend at the moment.

old.user4556

Over the counter healthcare training is vastly different to prescription strength healthcare training. Ibuprofen on prescription can be multiple times the recommended OTC dosage multiple times per day. You need to take a lot of ibuprofen in high strength to have risk of bleeding in the stomach. If you take a normal, standard 100 to 200 mg dose of ibuprofen then, as I said, it's perfectly safe. However, since ibuprofen can also be taken in high strengths 500 to 600 mg mutliple times a day - I wouldn't be drinking alcohol on those doses of ibuprofen.

You're arguing for the sake of arguing (gg on the ctrl c + ctrl v, clearly shows you don't know what you're talking about).

old.user4556

I can hear Gimmly googling around the internet for more anecdotal evidence to backup his pointless argument...

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Over the counter healthcare training is vastly different to prescription strength healthcare training. Ibuprofen on prescription can be multiple times the recommended OTC dosage multiple times per day. You need to take a lot of ibuprofen in high strength to have risk of bleeding in the stomach. If you take a normal, standard 100 to 200 mg dose of ibuprofen then, as I said, it's perfectly safe. However, since ibuprofen can also be taken in high strengths 500 to 600 mg mutliple times a day - I wouldn't be drinking alcohol on those doses of ibuprofen.

You're arguing for the sake of arguing (gg on the ctrl c + ctrl v, clearly shows you don't know what you're talking about).
You are unbelievable .... I should type everything by hand instead of copying or linking to a medical study? :D

That is about OTC Ibu doses and it's about funny enough, COMBINED WITH HEAVY DRINKING OF ALCOHOL. Funny enough as that is the topic we are on? Maybe you should Google your self and stop thinking your health training from Mc Donald's means anything.

Do you even know where the liver and kidneys are? and what they do?

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
I'm doubting the validity of yur medical study when it uses a word like tummy :p
Tummy? First sentence on the search ...

Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and alcohol consumption increase the risk for major upper gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding. Use of ...

:worthy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom