NTL / Xbox 360 [XBox Live]

Gray

FH is my second home
I have just got my TV for my room finally [hurray!] [No its not a HD one but still] but now i was gonna attempt to connect to the Xbox Live since my modem is up here, which was provided by NTL.

I thought i had a few ports as to which i could connect an extra network cable, however it looks like it only has the one socket for the network cable, meaning i can only use either the PC *or* the Xbox Live at one specific time.

However, i decided to unplug my PC to give it a quick test - I go onto the Xbox menu's and select "Test connection". It confirms that it is connected via a wire under network adapter, however thats as far as it gets.

When it gets to IP Address it just says failed and wont allow me to do anything. I may need to enter my ISP details but all thi stuff with the Xbox live and NTL charging has got me a bit up in the air, is it something to do with this, or is there a way to actually connect to the Xbox live successfully?

howso?

Hmm!

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Plug the xbox into it then reset the ntl modem, turn it off for 5 minutes then it should be fine, give it a few minutes to settle down after turning it back on, NTL needs to see the xbox as a new connection which resetting the modem will do.

Starman

Part of the furniture
Get a router!

Bargain Linksys deal on at PC World atm.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
You would still have to reset the NTL cable whatever its going through, even if Gray sorts it now then buys a router he will have to reset the modem anyways.

But yes, go get a router Gray you massive tramp :eek:

Starman

Part of the furniture
You just clone the MAC address of whatever NIC MAC address is being used :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom