Rant ntl/VM Engineer f00s

Yaka

Part of the furniture
well had a hd ntl box for a while yet it was preety b0rked, it died few weeks back and i sent it off to fixed. booked in a suitable time for another one to be fitted ( you cant self install the box yourself) all that was needed was abox to be plugged in, engineer pokes the box then buggers off.

sadly instead 1 guy turning up for a simple task they send 3 guys who all argue with me that a hdmi cable going into the the dvi socket in my screen via a hdmi to dvi adapter would not work. they then call in a 4th guy. while he is on his way i suggest they plug the box in via scart switch it to hdmi via the menu and try my way. they go as far as connecting and setting up via scart then refuse.

so i rant an rave and connect it up and switch it to hdmi my self. when picture pops up all 3 are confused and surprised.

while this guys are leaving guy number 4 turns up insists on checking everything over, not sure why but he inspects my wall mounted plasma ever so closely then informs me my cm is not VM one, despite the fact it has vm logo on.

when i first joined ntl in 1999 the service was bearable this was without doubt the worse service i have ever had

Draylor

Part of the furniture
If they had a clue they wouldnt be doing door-to-door cable box support ;)

bigfunkymonkey

Fledgling Freddie
I am with them, I hope I never need them for a support issue.....

On another note, do you know if VM will supply you with a second broadband connection? I need a seperate line for work / testing / learning purposes but I have a distinct feeling that they will make this a very complicated and probably impossible thing

Yaka

Part of the furniture
ah that ones was a nightmare for me, we had a 2nd bb connection done took a month first time round guy messed it up, 2nd time round a middle a aged pensior wearing a ntl yellow jacket fixed it all for me. he was great tho looked and talked like victor meldrew but he was ace, that was back in 2001

they'll prolly send out a 20 man team now tho

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
When I had my v+ installed I had another engineer visit after the first. he was for quality control. They are seeing where engineers cut corners and are taking them to book on it, that may have been what the 4th guy was doing. Either that or they were checking out your property to do over at a later date.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
theyll have problem doing me over, i worke just downstars, there is always 3 peeps up stairs.

i am just miffed that these guys were clueless idiots more than anything

GReaper

Part of the furniture
On another note, do you know if VM will supply you with a second broadband connection? I need a seperate line for work / testing / learning purposes but I have a distinct feeling that they will make this a very complicated and probably impossible thing

Probably close to impossible. I think a few customers have managed it though.

According to the newsgroups their billing system can't cope with 2 identical addresses, not entirely sure if this is true though. I seriously doubt they'd want you to have 2 lines either, as you could suck up 40Mbit/s of bandwidth for a bargain price of £74/month - way too cheap for residential users at the moment.

If you want more than 1 line then try BT. Have both a cable and an ADSL connection, so if one goes down you can always switch to the other. As far as I know you can order an ADSL connection on each line as well, so 2 BT lines could give you 2 ADSL connections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom