NTL Digital Cable Modem Un-Capping Petition

W

Will

Originally posted by Panda on Smack
yas, just read back through

I hope when NTL up their bandwidth options to 1mb on monday that they increase the upload speed

seems stupid not to?
I am trialing the Telewest 1mb service, and the upload is 256k.

And it's fantastic.:D

P

Panda On Smack

cool

NTL are starting the 1mb service on monday but only to certain areas. sposed to be available in april for others.

IT WILL BE MINE!

M

Mr_Horus

The low upload isnt to do with NTL being stingey, its to do with inherant limitations within the Cable Modem system.

If you saturate the upstream channel then everyone's downstream dies spectacularly :)

O

old.Jas

If they put the upspeed too high people will start hosting servers etc

W

Will

Aye, give me 512k upload and then try to stop me.;)

S

Skyler

dimebag i whinge about my leeching speeds 24/7

1mbit is to slow imo.

:p

S

]SK[

Would love a faster upload more than I would a faster download.

512/512 would be my ideal package.

D

Daffeh

NTL are trialing upgrading the upload cap on the silver service (512k) upto 256k, which is excellent

wtf would u want 6mbit conn for? what servers would give u an upload of nearly 1mB/sec?

S

]SK[

Is there a URL for this?
Wouldnt mind having it tbh.

O

old.Jas

You have to goto the NTL site and stick your postcode in - then it tells you if you can get the 1mb package

O

old.>FRC<flemo

NTL are now offering 1MB per sec. it costs fifty quid a month been out for about a month now .......any faster and you ll need a morgage to get online :)

O

old.SHY-FX

If you were going to be totally stupid you could just do a search online and find the uncapping program for ntl modems, then u would get 2.5mbs dl np :p

D

Disco PhoolCat

And is there such a thing? do you have one?

O

old.SHY-FX

There is, I dont use it myself cause I dont wanna get in shit with ntl (chicken shit me) but my m8 uses it and can put up nice big server with all our pings at 40, dload films, iso's etc at f00kin warp speed

O

old.SHY-FX

Ohh and before anyone says its capped NTLs side so its imposible, thats bollox

M

MYstIC G

Let the thread die ffs, there a business there not just "gonna do it" cos you all write your names on a piece of paper ffs.

E

Embattle

Why not.....I feel the power of paper esp when I use it to clean my bum ;)

Z

Zey

Originally posted by JafferAB
I have started a petition against NTL to give Digital Cable Modems users the full potential of the NTL Digital Cable modem service.

As many of you may know, the NTL Digital cable modem service is capable of 24mbps (megabits per second). Currently they are only giving out 512kbps (kilobits per second). This is approx 1 44th of the maximum speed.

If you want your Cable modem uncapped, or just want to help others get maximum speed, i urge you to sign this petition, and to give it to all UK residents who you know.

http://www.petitiononline.com/ntlcable/petition.html

Thank you

No offence but your just taking the piss..... NTL currently can't even cap you at 1Mbps (in some areas) because their routers don't have the capacity for it (so they have to upgrade and spend loads of moneh)

Plus you got to remember that it's one router per certain area.... think about all the other people who have cable modems.... Cable TV and all other things running on this one line...

If they do what you are suggestion there won't be an NTL cause it would melt the system....

No offence but this must be the most stupid idea i've read on the Barrysworld forum :)

Go back to dream land :sleeping:

Z

Zey

and one more thing

For everyone who wants the 1Mbit option... it has been delayed and we're looking at a 5-6 week delay.... so that's around May :(

*sigh*

Just rang NTL

W

whipped

I've signed up to be notifed when 1MB cable is available in Luton. Let's hope NTL are better at getting e-mails out to me, than they are at returning my phone calls ;)

S

ShockingAlberto

Originally posted by SHY-FX
There is, I dont use it myself cause I dont wanna get in shit with ntl (chicken shit me) but my m8 uses it and can put up nice big server with all our pings at 40, dload films, iso's etc at f00kin warp speed
That's all well and good, but if there's a handle full of cunts doing this in an area that's allready at full capacity, then they're gonna lock up all the bandwidth, and everyone's pings are gonna skyrocket.

Tbh, you can have that kind of bandwidth if you want - You just gotta pay for it. When you're paying £20 a month, moaning about speed and trying to cheat the caps is just scabby. If you want a T3 or something, then pay the 5grand pa for it.(or whatever phat lines cost).

O

old.Jas

No such thing as a T connection this side of the pond, but a fat kilostream will set you back a LOT. Mind you - it would also come with an impressive SLA

O

old.Mapei

.. ive been on 1mbit from NTL for 3 weeks now.

never trust what ntl tells you over the phone.
ring again and you're bound to get a different reply.

ps.. this roks :)

S

]SK[

Originally posted by Jas
If they put the upspeed too high people will start hosting servers etc

And they dont already? :)

O

old.Jas

At 128k (cable) or 256k (ADSL)? You can't host a decent server at that speed

S

]SK[

I can get about 4/5 peeps b4 the lag starts setting in. That on 128k.

15kbps upload atm isnt fun :(

L

lecter

Jaffer you really are a fuckwit, cunt, retard... the insult list is endless. NTL's network is in enough trouble as it is with all the 24/7 leech warez whores.

I suggest you buy this and learn something > http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1555581668/ref=sr_aps_books_1_3/026-0810351-8357250

This is my current book collection, as you see I know 'slightly' more than you do.
scarystuff.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom