NS vs SB vs Inf?

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
i hardly get 2k+ with my infil and i have tough 3 aug con 3 and some items with hp bonus and i think i saw some sb with 2.2-2.4k hp and saying they arent toa ed yet...

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Derric said:
Infils without 2.5x wouldn't have any special thing at all though, apart from the choice of using str/dex based weapons, something shades can do as well.

Except way better styles and the ability to get them without nerfing other lines + cleric AF affected by +buff and mota with very high cap (haste isnt :<)

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Succi said:
Except way better styles and the ability to get them without nerfing other lines + cleric AF affected by +buff and mota with very high cap (haste isnt :<)

Notice the little word "without" I used there?If it's still possible to not nerf another line W I T H O U T 2.5x, then why are SB's and NS's whining?
The way better styles you talk about, that's Ame and Dia slash I take it, so what's the way better styles in the thrustline then? Puncture? Sting? Dragonfang (a stun that you get at lvl 25)?

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
if i can chose btw the af and haste i would swap spec af for a perma red haste thats sure...[/QUOTE said:
And i who has had red haste for a long time would trade it for the spec Af anytime as i get outdmged by same rr wep bonus ppl, and no its not the gear allways had good gear. Still without thinking of the con str debuff as all fights aint assasin vs assasin i would say SB>infi>NS atm if u look at all stealthers i would say mincer>SB>infi>NS>ranger>hunter>scout, vs not only assasint but all target. NSs and rangers gets lots stronger at high RRs tho due to nice RAs

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
and as SB i think u need to have better and more thought thru gear then the others tho same with mincer

Marath

Fledgling Freddie
Nice hps.

I really must suck with my norse sb as with
-capped buffs
-10 con on creation
-75con and 200hp on gear
-aug con 3
and I only get 2009hp.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I don´t dare tell what I have in hp... ppl will only hit me then :(

Asharith

Loyal Freddie
Marath said:
Nice hps.

I really must suck with my norse sb as with
-capped buffs
-10 con on creation
-75con and 200hp on gear
-aug con 3
and I only get 2009hp.

ehm lose con3 and get though2 con2 :p

Asharith

Loyal Freddie
I forgot to use the buffbuts in teh comparison i made ;

This is what i encounter
shades got like 1900hp
infs got like 1950-2000hp
shadowblades about 2200

Sb
+good HP
+Strong starting class
+With LA mechanics dmg you will do is constant more or less.
+Spec haste on healer ( if you are lucky enough to get it )
+Heat resist on main buffer
(2h sucks cause ppl WILL evade your PA`s madly )
-LA fucks up your MH dmg so you need it high and you dont have enough points to get all skills on good level then so most lack in LA or Env or CS .
-Hi my stun sucks and i almost never use it.
-Hi LW`s totaly fucked me up since my main targets now do 25% more dmg on me when they use thrust/pierce ( compared SI/toa)

Ns
+Stun after evade
+DD`s
+AP is totaly overpowered and in a 1 vs 1 its more or less an I winn button.
+Lurikeens , cure and stealthy.
+got the biggest boost in dmg when LW`s were introduced. ( 25% more on both main targets )
+Spec Haste on main buffer
+Heat resist on main buffer
-low hp`s compared to the sb`s compared to an inf the difference is rather small.

Inf
+2,5 spec points
+DF totaly overpowered
+Spec af on main buffer
-less hp`s then sb`s a little more then NS`s.
-only stun ( besides cs ) is a level 50 one which forces us to spec 50 ( yes 2,5 points makes it possible for us to do this. )
-No way to get a perm haste buff.
-No heat resist on buffbots.

btw if you get high rr you prefer Haste above spec AF . I have tested it in allot of duels a rr7 Inf with AFbuff vs my rr8 with (theurg) red haste and i won every time. We had more or less the same passives and hp so that wouldnt have played a large factor .

I would say
(low rr) 1-4 Inf > Sb > Ns (DF is just too good at low rr )
(medium rr) 5-7 Inf , Ns > Sb (ppl get purge so stuns are less good at this level the assassins are more or less matched imo , ofc when full toa SC LW`s uber BB , in a 1 vs 1 with no heat resist :p :p )
(High rr) 8-11 Ns > Inf > SB ( High NS with I winn button and prolly heat resist up )

Gizor

Fledgling Freddie
if infs are "lucky" as you say it as well, they will have heat resist from pk as well :p

A

Aoln

Yeah because there are as many friars around as healers, and nobody has a healer bot.

Nerf SBs with 2400 hp, 600 more than me x<

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
Aoln said:
Yeah because there are as many friars around as healers, and nobody has a healer bot.

Nerf SBs with 2400 hp, 600 more than me x<

2400 isnt the norm, mine has 2050, with aug con 2 and tough2

emma

Loyal Freddie
~2400 odd hp is for those that spend weeks or months farming ml`s etc for uber items. something that only a hand full if that will bother to do.

I would guess the average hp for an SB is going to be around 2100.

Roughly 100hp more than Infil, but then that 100hp difference is easily negated by have 10-15% dmg removed from you because of spec AF.

VS NS`s there low hp while it does make them a little fragile when they pop AP3 it feels like its taking forever to take em down, which more often than not never happens.

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Does spec AF and AP do as much vs LW as with "normal" weapons? ;o

emma

Loyal Freddie
Derric said:
Does spec AF and AP do as much vs LW as with "normal" weapons? ;o
LW still uses the standard melee mechanics so spec AF and AP affect them exactly the same way as a normal weapon would be.

Lyrre

Fledgling Freddie

Pa is impossible to evade/block or parry, if you ever get your PA evaded you have missed the style and arent in the right position to get it off.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Lyrre said:

Pa is impossible to evade/block or parry, if you ever get your PA evaded you have missed the style and arent in the right position to get it off.

or they style got 'lost in lag' ... tho that seems to be fixed.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie

Also posted in Battlegrounds but is relevant here as well. Ofcourse you can pump rps into getting your la up at 50 but when you consider infs don't have to do that then they are that much more advantaged again!

BG Posting:

Well sorry to disagree with all you 'uber's sbs out there but the game mechanics are crippling you.

LA = 80% main hand damage (could be less)

Scenario:

Inf lines up with a sb (Norse), both have sc'd gear, have the best buffs and are using 4.2 mainhand speed weaps and the fastest offhand weaps (2.2 thrust & 2.4 sb). This is so you are supposedly balanced.

No perf and you both hit each other.

1st inf is a thrust inf (Saracen) with extremely high dex and quickness which is his trademark.

The inf will hit you less than a slash inf due to thrust vs leather disadvantage, but still for a very decent amount. Putting the damage at less (for this posting) to begin with he hits for 80 (might be more) mainhand and 25 offhand. He still hits faster owing to the fact that as a Saracen he is that much faster than a Norse to begin with even though la is suppose to speed up combat (and does).

All 'good' infs will use debuff on you (level 22 poison), which ruins your damage output as you will get a major str reduction of around 60-80 (can't remember exact amount).

SB hits back.

Starting damage was 100 mainhand and 30 offhand as stated above - but la kicks in! Your 100 damage is straight away reduced to 80 mainhand. Then the af buff the inf has will reduce that close to another 10. Then the debuff kicks in and your damage is now down another 5-10. You can realistically expect to hit back for 60 mainhand on this particular inf. You will not hit him faster because he is that much faster to begin with. You could ofcourse have used debuff on him too but his damage output will not reduce any. Swapping to a 2 hander which stops the la mechanics from reducing your damage output will only enable the extemely agile inf to evade more and we all know wot that means when you are fighting with a slow 2 hander!

OK - a slash inf.

A good one with the best gear on and using the slowest weaps will hit you for 100-150 on mainhand and a heck offa lot on offhand. You on the other hand will hit the same as above on the Thrust inf - for 60 mainhand! This equates to less than half the damage output as i said at the beginning.

You do win fights obviously but you are starting badly disadvantaged. Luck plays a big part as well. But i will say this the 'best' infs in Thid don't show themselves often. The players bring them out when their other alt has been killed or there is some other reason to do so. The ones constantly playing are not the best of the bunch by a long shot.

MKJ

Asharith

Loyal Freddie
Lyrre said:

I know PA cant be blocked , parry`s , bt`d etc etc BUT im 75% sure you can evade it .

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Asharith said:
I know PA cant be blocked , parry`s , bt`d etc etc BUT im 75% sure you can evade it .
Only if the style fails I believe (read something about if you can see them you can evade it but never experianced it so ..).

Asharith

Loyal Freddie
i have had ppl evade my pa`s when they are at 0 degree angle and i have evaded a couple myself when they were at 0 degree aswell . ( or those assassins are 100% newb and donw open with PA from stealth :twak: )

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
I used to get the occasional evaded PA, and even evaded a few myself it is quite annoying to happen to you as the opponent stays stleathed and PA's you back :S.

This was 2 or 3 patches ago, but assume they havent altered it

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
Staffzor said:
I used to get the occasional evaded PA, and even evaded a few myself it is quite annoying to happen to you as the opponent stays stleathed and PA's you back :S.

This was 2 or 3 patches ago, but assume they havent altered it

Evaded pa´s rite... :p always failed move due position etc :eek:

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Pa can´t be blocked/evaded/parryed/missed as long as it is succesfully perfomed.

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
Pa can´t be blocked/evaded/parryed/missed as long as it is succesfully perfomed.

Is this 100% certain, cos I really remember the scenarios in how a PA was evaded, it was always when both myself and the other Assasin could see each other (I say this as always we both most likely pressed PA almsot identical times) maybe there is a case that if the people can see each other then they have a chance to evade. I could be wrong and might have miss styled and this must have happend like 4 times and I played uptil almost RR6 so it was not common. Anyway only way to tell for certain is have duels, and make sure that each assasin can see each other. Would need to be 2 assasins cos I can never recal being evaded by any other class with an evade ability.

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
constanze said:
well red haste buff > all

thats one of the reasons why ns pwns after rr5
inf pwns becouse of 2,5 spec points
sb dont pwns

lol..that was funny to read imo.

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
Staffzor said:
Is this 100% certain, cos I really remember the scenarios in how a PA was evaded, it was always when both myself and the other Assasin could see each other (I say this as always we both most likely pressed PA almsot identical times) maybe there is a case that if the people can see each other then they have a chance to evade. I could be wrong and might have miss styled and this must have happend like 4 times and I played uptil almost RR6 so it was not common. Anyway only way to tell for certain is have duels, and make sure that each assasin can see each other. Would need to be 2 assasins cos I can never recal being evaded by any other class with an evade ability.

ive played a ns/sb/infil and only had PA blocked once(and that was when i was a noob so i prolly pressed pa and was too far away or smth)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom