NS vs SB vs Inf?

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Hi

Played as an sb in all sorts of variations and i have come to realize that i just dislike playing him as i absolutely hate having to rely on 2 handed weapons. I know this could be balanced out somewhat at level 50 with rps etc but you sure have to use a great many points just to get damage up to a reasonable level if you use 2 weaps at the same time. My question is this:

Are Nightshades better equipped to put down damage than SBs; making them more on the same level as an inf?

Reason i am asking is maybe tis time i moved to Hibby land and tried it there.

MKJ

Corran

Part of the furniture
get some RR on a ns and pick right ra's and NS >>>>>>>> SB

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
MKJ said:
Played as an sb in all sorts of variations and i have come to realize that i just dislike playing him as i absolutely hate having to rely on 2 handed weapons. I know this could be balanced out somewhat at level 50...

1. quit using 2h weapons
2. get lv50
3. join the stealth zerg until you're confident enough to work alone (RR15 for the average mid stealther :p )

kermylicious

Fledgling Freddie
havent seen many sb's using 2handed weaps in rvr tbh :)
and the ns and sb dmg is about the same i think .... atleast on my inf, u should try ask aldoran how hes specced he got a nice sb

Solthyann

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:

Agreed, but make that a LOT of RPs (I'd suggest RR5-ish) - at low RR I don't think you'll find a huge difference to be fair... Infil on the other hand... ;)

constanze

Fledgling Freddie
well red haste buff > all

thats one of the reasons why ns pwns after rr5
inf pwns becouse of 2,5 spec points
sb dont pwns

Muh

Fledgling Freddie
constanze said:
well red haste buff > all

thats one of the reasons why ns pwns after rr5
inf pwns becouse of 2,5 spec points
sb dont pwns

well, if you dont know it, most sbs run around with red haste too these days, the reason shades perform better then sb's are their access to AP and str/dex weaponry.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Of all the SB´s I know only 1 have a aug healer BB. and that´s Zodar.

So not many are running with red haste. Although ppl are picking up haste charges more and more.

2h-critblade is only viable imo when u can get MoA3 atleast and haste buff/charge. No use fighting with 2-hander when swinging every 3.5s. You will most likely always miss CD because of oov, running trough, lag etc. Then we have the 50% evade against non-dualwielders.

If I haven´t exped all the 1-h artifacts I would give CB another try now when I can afford MoA4.

MoA4 + red haste + 250qui with 5.5 weap = 2s swing time :D

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
A well played sb can be very good. Get a hastebot, use malice/battler, legendary 2handers matter, cold, heat for the Pa Cd (Ss). Here's some screenies from a r6 sb from NP, Mid/Exc, using legendary 2h weaps for the Pa.

http://varg.i8.com/

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Marczje said:
A well played sb can be very good. Get a hastebot, use malice/battler, legendary 2handers matter, cold, heat for the Pa Cd (Ss). Here's some screenies from a r6 sb from NP, Mid/Exc, using legendary 2h weaps for the Pa.

http://varg.i8.com/

He only uses 2-hander :D
And he has a haste bot and MoA4 so he is swinging every 2s or sumtin like that. Nothing u can do at low rr atleast.

Not many can afford a third acc and a second or third comp to run it.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
This is just a continuation of his thread here: https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=19469

He plays an unbuffed? 2H thid char and is basically whining because hes dieing to ppl who DW (halving evade/swinging faster etc). I assume this also means hes unable to land many openers since a good PA in thid buffed or not should win you the fight.

By 'all sorts of variations' I assume this is lvl20 to lvl24? :eek7:

In proper rvr if you want to kill an infil quickly, land an opener. You would be amazed how many are incapable of this (or need a friend to pop the targets stealth first). Probably 80% of fights I start I open with a PA/BS2. Probably 5%-10% of fights where a SB starts on me im hit with an opener. First style doing 400+ damage, 2nd style stunning can have a rather large impact on a fight no?

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
bigchief said:
This is just a continuation of his thread here: https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=19469

He plays an unbuffed? 2H thid char and is basically whining because hes dieing to ppl who DW (halving evade/swinging faster etc). I assume this also means hes unable to land many openers since a good PA in thid buffed or not should win you the fight.

By 'all sorts of variations' I assume this is lvl20 to lvl24? :eek7:

In proper rvr if you want to kill an infil quickly, land an opener. You would be amazed how many are incapable of this (or need a friend to pop the targets stealth first). Probably 80% of fights I start I open with a PA/BS2. Probably 5%-10% of fights where a SB starts on me im hit with an opener. First style doing 400+ damage, 2nd style stunning can have a rather large impact on a fight no?

Word. PA + CD or BS2 wins the fights.

Haroat

Fledgling Freddie
Alot of sb's gone 44 la / main, 36 ish stealth 21 crit rest env now...(No pa follow up) for the extra damage needed to get anywhere near infi's. anyone ACTUALLY know why infils get 2.5xlvl spec points? :p ive heard mythic say assasins working as intended etc... but not had an actual reason behind the points :p

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
at the start people said about infils were meant to get some sort of magic thing, like ns's do but they never gave them.

Ofcourse im not saying thats true but that is one view some people have, so i dont actually know why they do :p

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
afaik Infiltrators were supposed to get a speccable camouflage or somthing like that. Was so long ago so I don´t remember.

Could just have been SB hitpts = NS DD = Infil specc pts

fair? I let u judge

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Infils without 2.5x wouldn't have any special thing at all though, apart from the choice of using str/dex based weapons, something shades can do as well.

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
but sb's dont really have anything special anymore....2-h weapons suck on the most part and LA dmg was "fixed"

emma

Loyal Freddie
blah blah blah blah blah

thats i all i have to say about the current state of stealther combat.

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
DaggerElivager said:
but sb's dont really have anything special anymore....2-h weapons suck on the most part and LA dmg was "fixed"

Still got the more hp part, even if it may not be all that.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Derric said:
Still got the more hp part, even if it may not be all that.
extra hp is pretty much cancelled out by albs having access to spec AF and hib shades getting AP.

that and ofc with ToA items Briton infils can actually get the same or slightly higher hp than an SB with +con cap and +hits cap items

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:

Only thing that balances nightshade atm is AP, which is more overpowered when its AP2+, anyway they lose this in frontiers, goodluck to us then, nightshade hp is slightly rediculus, thats the first thing I've noticed after playing all 3 realms asassins.

Asharith

Loyal Freddie
This is what i encounter
shades got like 1900hp
infs got like 1950-2000hp
shadowblades about 2200

Sb
+good HP
+Strong starting class
+With LA mechanics dmg you will do is constant more or less.
(2h sucks cause ppl WILL evade your PA`s madly )
-LA fucks up your MH dmg so you need it high and you dont have enough points to get all skills on good level then so most lack in LA or Env or CS .
-Hi my stun sucks and i almost never use it.
-Hi LW`s totaly fucked me up since my main targets now do 25% more dmg on me when they use thrust/pierce ( compared SI/toa)

Ns
+Stun after evade
+DD`s
+AP is totaly overpowered and in a 1 vs 1 its more or less an I winn button.
+Lurikeens , cure and stealthy.
+got the biggest boost in dmg when LW`s were introduced. ( 25% more on both main targets )
-low hp`s compared to the sb`s compared to an inf the difference is rather small.

Inf
+2,5 spec points
+DF totaly overpowered
-less hp`s then sb`s a little more then NS`s.
-only stun ( besides cs ) is a level 50 one which forces us to spec 50 ( yes 2,5 points makes it possible for us to do this. )

thats just my view...

constanze

Fledgling Freddie
one reason why ns pwns is the red haste buff !!

and ofc ap

sb are the worst stealthers atm

Gizor

Fledgling Freddie
Asharith said:
This is what i encounter
shades got like 1900hp
infs got like 1950-2000hp
shadowblades about 2200

That is buffed, so lets not forget Spec AF, thank you :)

I agree on more or less all the stuff you say Ash, but the buffbot trend for assasins has ruined it, for Shadowblades atleast (since no I-WIN-buttons ;o), Spec AF (^^) and red haste from same buffer that gives spec buffs in Hibernia. Without buffbots in game, it would be more balanced, no doubt, but thats another story.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Spec AF with MoTa 3 + 25% buff effectiveness is roughly the same as having AP2 up.

Thats 18-20% more absorbtion for damage. So if you calculate that into the hp on the class infils have the highest of the lot. Averaging 2300 hp when you include spec AF.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
ns and sb can get red haste
infil can get only spec af no haste so stfu ;o

anyways it always been like this NS>SB<infil and high RR NS > infil
also need to add this NS and SB can get heat resist buffs not like infil
if i can chose btw the af and haste i would swap spec af for a perma red haste thats sure...

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
emma said:
extra hp is pretty much cancelled out by albs having access to spec AF and hib shades getting AP.

that and ofc with ToA items Briton infils can actually get the same or slightly higher hp than an SB with +con cap and +hits cap items

With norse having 10(?) more points as starting con, how exactly can a briton get slightly higher hp?
Does the +con and +hits cap items not exist in Midgård's version of ToA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom