ns is better than cs?

T

Tom

hehe

Just had a long game, and I suddenly thought 'this is the first game I've played in a long time where, when I type 'lol', I am ACTUALLY LAUGHING'!!

Its just so funny being a fade, running up behind a soldier rearming, and slashing his spine to pieces. Or getting some poor soul stuck on a load of webs, and watching him get gooed to death!

NS RULES!!!:clap:

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Had a very good game of NS tonight with Buffy watching me play.

Was so bored of CS - I know it's uni standard and crap, but still - boring. Only so many ways you can wrack up 40 odd kills in 20 mins :(

Sooooo, an NS server went up about 10pm and I joined it.

First game over real quick - as marines we got raped. Alien team 'zerg' rushed us - lost portal then command seat. Oh well. Think the game lasted 4 whole mins.

Second game - aliens, but the server crashed after only 10 mins

:(

Third game - marines again - raped. Aliens secured all three hives very quickly and we were penned in. Did a last stand thing but against 3 onos everything dies very quickly :(

Fourth game was absolute BLISS. Ended up lasting three hours. Mammoth and epic all in one and funny too. It's so funny when marines try the tactic of only having a decoy main base and really setting their main one up in a hive spot. Makes for a very tight game. Lots of action and fighting and pitched battles.

NS = cool :)

M

Malfius

Yep i have been playing more NS and less CS. We need to get more of us in the BW NS server.
i think the best upgrade combo for the Fade is Cloaking, Regen and Adrenaline. Hide in shadows, healing after an assault and then off you go, super fast attacks again

S

S-Gray

Originally posted by Tom[SHOTTEH]
hehe

Just had a long game, and I suddenly thought 'this is the first game I've played in a long time where, when I type 'lol', I am ACTUALLY LAUGHING'!!

Bah, another one who missed Tremor killing his "Mates" the other day..

J

Johnny Bravo

BW have a NS server?!?

Fuck me why didn't anyone tell me ;), I been playing this the last 3 nights running (Reason why I havent set a game up with KEA Trem, I will organise this I promise :)). I've been playing on BY servers and had some classic games, had one 3 hour game which was fantastic, never seen strangers pull together in the name of team work like this before.

I'll definately have to drop into BW server, look out for me if you need a grunt marine who's happy to run around doing all the donkey work ;) :D

L

legendario

Aye Johnny but the BY servers have peeps.

Something the BW servers are lacking at the moment.

C

.Cask

I still think marines need some way of healing their units.

Aliens get regen upgrade, gorges, defence towers and even hives can heal you. Marines get these med packs that rarely appear in a life or death situation. Normally have to stand there for 2 minutes requesting a med pack before one appears and a team mate grabs it first.

I reckon all marines should be equipped with welders by default, and a first aid kit that can be used to heal team mates. Also fades rocket needs to be toned down cos if you play it right you're practically invincible with regen.

J

Johnny Bravo

Originally posted by .Cask
I still think marines need some way of healing their units.

Aye to that, especially early in the game when your building and a skulk appears and takes a chunk out of your leg, the last thing a commander wants to do is give you a medkit when hes building a base, so your now as good as dead.

Would be nice if they included a medlab structure that a comm. could build, so marines can fall back and collect healing themselves :D

O

old.D0LLySh33p

TBH, I can't see anything wrong with the whole marine not healing thing.

Ok, it would be nice to see a health dispenser or something to that effect that can be built but marines are hard enough if played right.

Upgraded armour, hmgs and grens with siege guns and organisation will whoop most alien teams imho.

It's all about a good commander, nothing more - a good one will make his marines pretty much indestructible.

ps. I believe marines should be toned down really.

T

Tom

I tend to take the role of alien or marine commander. I sometimes have difficulty finding marines on the map (a list of names and 'click-to-find-them' would be very useful)

I always give health, my normal tactic is to place light fortifications on main base at start, send 2 marines to nearest res point, fortify that, and then find next res point, etc.

Communication is VERY important. It's annoying when troops don't tell you if a turret factory is down, or if they decide to wander off when you've instructed them to guard a res point.

Anybody who doesn't follow my orders (and so far I have only lost 1 whole game as commander, won about 5), gets shouted at for the aliens to hear.

My tip - if you're a marine, do as you're told, and stop whinging about mines and shotguns. And don't wander off!

I don't think I'll be playing cs for a while.....

T

Tom

A portable medpack (like a welder) that could be refuelled from the main base would be a good idea, but it would only have limited capability.

J

Johnny Bravo

Tom you got my respect for going comander m8, cause I have yet to do it and tbh aren't even in a hurry. However what was said above about having a good commander is 100% correct, without one you are alien fodder.

As a grunt, I have to say that a good commander doesn't become good on his own. The troops on the ground can help him become good that much faster by helping in several different ways. Firstly and foremost always follow orders, it is more important to help set up base than to run off and frag an alien. Secondly give the commander feedback, you need to keep him informed of situations, if your only communication to the comm. is "need medpac" or "need hmg/shotgun" then your not doing it right ;) :D

If you can get the balance right of dual communication, following orders and helping everything get set up, your comm. will adorning you with heavy armour and better weapons in no time.

This is what makes the whole experience so great, if you dont work as a team you are just going to spend your time running round, dieing and respawning. Get involved in defense and attack teams and the enjoyment factor multiplies ten fold :D

T

throdgrain

If people stopped playing cs i think I would move back to q3 based games, like rtcw or sof2 meself.

O

old.D0LLySh33p

I think someone will develop a commercial game with NS's structure in mind tbh.

TO actually make an RTS FPS would be very very good :D

L

~Lazarus~

tried ns last night for the first time and thought it was "pants"

L

~Lazarus~

Originally posted by Super_Gray[SG]
ah goody.. someone who sees like me ;)

Oh shit. Scary thought.

Honestly, it was one of the bestest ever games that I have played.

ever.

in my whole life

:eek6: :uhoh:

D

Deadmanwalking

213.221.174.99:27015 BarrysWorld - Natural Selection 1.02

Ip for the BW NS server ^^^

Ppl are lookign in so just join and im willing to bet others will as well :p

Or!

join #bwns on quakenet and ask for a game etc etc

M

Moving Target

Originally posted by ~Lazarus~
tried ns last night for the first time and thought it was "pants"

YUO AM MINORITY!

O

old.D0LLySh33p

I have to agree.

Only two peeps on campus who don't like it.

Both CS fanatics.

One is truly pantz. Honest to gawd shite.

The other is actually a don with the AWP. He used to be in Mo0.

Still, NS rules ;)

D

Deadmanwalking

ERM!

Theres a barrysworld Public test NS server and surprise surprise its full. Bloody vultures. :(

213.221.178.71:27015 BarrysWorld - Natural Selection 1.02 Public Test

Hmm ive e-mailed natty about it as in WTF!

T

Tom

Lazarus give it time m8, its only the first version, and they are still ironing out (lots of) bugs.

Believe me, nothing is more satisfying then storming the marine's base, eating marines, gassing them, whacking their machinery with your claws, etc.

It will take you a few hours to get the basics of how things work.

Think fps Command and Conquer, and thats the marine side. The aliens...erm...well they just do alien type things....

M

Malfius

A Public Server ???? Full ????? The Bastards!!!!!!, Kick em out now, I'm paying good money for the Empty Subs server. Then again it might encourage some of them to subscribe ( you never know) :D

C

Ch3tan

Its up as a public for load testing, read the irc topic dmw :)

D

Deadmanwalking

Must have gone by the time i got there i think =/

C

Ch3tan

Heh do I have to tell you kids everything?

In my day we found things out ourselves, none of this new fangled lazyness.

And another thing we had real jobs then, and fish fish was much cheaper...zzzzzzzz

/snores

L

~Lazarus~

Originally posted by Tom[SHOTTEH]
Lazarus give it time m8, its only the first version, and they are still ironing out (lots of) bugs.

Believe me, nothing is more satisfying then storming the marine's base, eating marines, gassing them, whacking their machinery with your claws, etc.

It will take you a few hours to get the basics of how things work.

Think fps Command and Conquer, and thats the marine side. The aliens...erm...well they just do alien type things....

I suppose you are right Tom. Most of the time was spent runnin aroung thinking "where the feck am I going" or "What the feck am I meant to do" or "What does this button do" or, lastly, whats that in the dista......" BLAM - dead :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom