Nottmoore Vaste or the tale of the time Hibs got defeated by a door

O

old.cerebus

Okay..so we attack on a Wednesday. We take 2 forts. We upgrade the doors and go back home.

The next day both forts are taken back by Mids. Doors are upgraded and we lose out on one nights Exp time.

What the hell is the point in taking these forts? We spend money upgrading the doors etc. only to have them easily taken back by a huge army of level 50 mids in the hope they may see one Green con somewhere.

Lets face it....there is no point in holding these forts except face value. Why lose one nights exp to take a fort we lose in less than 10 minutes?

If you Mids want a decent fight.....why not respond to a Hibernian army with equal numbers instead of sending 3 times more people than us with much higher levels?

O

old.Gombur Glodson

the idea would be to keep attack mid keeps every day, putting them in a situation where they have to spend money on door repair, if you took lets say 1-3 realms per day this could quickly become expensive for the mids

S

Starkill

I think the days of the HIbs being underdog are starting to change. I am not talking hypothetically either.

Myself and my guild have just been involved in the impromptu taking of Dun Bolg, I hasten to add by a number of the smaller guilds in Midgard. It took us a long time as we were not prepared and the thought of camping the PK really is not appealing to myself and my guild. We hand beat the door down and took the keep. After the usual pat on the back for the troops we decided to be really cheeky and go and have a look in the Cruachan Gorge.

Upon arriving at Dun Aillinne we encountered a very organised group of Hibs taking the fort back they had good strength and planning, The highest memebrs of my guild are around the mid 30's and we were wiped out in second, I only hung on to watch you guys take the keep.

I have to admit it was some of the best RvR I have had in the game. I was almost dissapointed to get the alliance message that the big tanks were coming. Due to the time of night of course not many were available and as a result none came.

As a proud Midgardian yes we do have strength at the moment and I have listened to all the arguments. I for one would like to see the other realms get the chance to gather a good army of similar size for a face to face battle. That is what excites me about RvR, keep taking is ok but as my guild guys said tonight who wants to fight an NPC. I really hope this starts the ball rolling for some good RvR battles, although I am sure my sleep will suffer.

P.S Legopirate how goes the RTCW m8.

C

cleeve

heh lo Star
--- RTCW INTERLUDE! ----
Struggling atm m8 - being a fun clan in division 1 is not easy - we have that choice to make, I guess. Do we try to compete with the big boys (4k et al.) or do we decide to play as we do at the moment (which will almost certainly mean relegation to div2)

I suspect we'll be div2 next season - but as long as the guys in the clan are enjoying themselves, I guess I am happy ;o)

I heard rumours that UKD had folded? I hope this isnt the case m8.

---- end rtcw ---

Grizlas - Sorry if it appeared as tho I was having a pop at you - but I am a bit sick n tired of answering the why don't we retake the keeps questions on the forums - I guess I should just close topic and look at the next - but the board would be bleeding boring if we all agreed.

There are a lot of ppl rvring from hibernia at the moment. I have been on keep raids and Yggdra forest raids and have enjoyed them a great deal. If you really want to know why there have been no keep retakes - quit filthy midgard and come and join Hibernia.

Theres a great saying that I would love to quote

"be careful what you wish for"

:)

When the Hibs are ready m8 - then you'll see keeps retaken

Revor

O

old.cerebus

Yeah but........

What if we do take 3 keeps every day? I really don't think you Mids would be silly enough to upgrade the doors to level 8 knowing that the doors would be attacked the following day.

You Mids would just take back the fort and leave the doors as they where. All this means is we Hibs lose out on levelling time while you level 50's get more RvR.

As I said before, there is no point in taking Forts at the moment except for face value. I very much doubt you Mids could be beaten by wasting all your money away. If the enemy is going spend a load of cash upgrading doors that they know will be attacked and broke down within hours, well they deserve to have no money.

Having seen the intelligence and organization of the Mid war machine, this is a tactic that will result in many wasted hours and many Hibs typing /release.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

just for notification I am an alb myself.

If the mids dont bother upgrading the doors?
Then you would have all their keeps ready for a major assault, and the keeps would fall quickly and then you would move on to the relic keep.

The idea of emptying the midgard money vault could work, at least we would do something

A

Astrakhan

Actually, I'm quite happy with the way things are. The all powerful Evil Empire is a staple of the Fanasy genre, and the Midgard Nazgul (or is it the Sith?) stomping over our frontiers fill that role admirably.

Of course they'd like to meet us on the field of open battle and crush us with their stormtroopers, but we belegured freedom fighters are not so stupid. We hide, we harry isolated groups, we plan acts of sabotage and disruption, we strike from cover and melt back into the trees.

The Sherrif of Nottigham is cursing and shouting at his hapless sidekick, but however frustrated he gets he can't get us to come out and die at the hands of his army like we should.

Four weeks ago, I stood in the captured Bleedmeer Faste. On a Wednesday, as it happens. One arrogant Midgarder told me that we couldn't possibly have done that. But we could and we did. And it was sweet. Raided Yggrda last week, got a bunch of RPs and killed a level 50. A nice high. Yes, I'm very happy with the current situation.

The Evil Empire will get its just deserts eventually, I've seen the films and read the books, they always come to a sticky end. We just have to make sure they are neutralised before DF comes out, but with GOA's assistance we have plenty of time. ;)

O

old.cerebus

It's entirely true!

I love the fact that we are the struggling realm that have all the odds stacked against them. We have to work twice as hard to take a fort and twice as hard to kill the Mids thus meaning when we are victorious, it's twice as sweet.

I personally feel sorry for the Mids. As soon as it looks like they may have a good fight on their hands, word gets out that there are enemy players in the frontier and all the bored high levels come storming out.

I once took a level 13 nightshade to Yggdra to throw stones at trolls and when I was spotted by a dead drawf, who I had walked over to after dieing to a monster, I counted about 20 people all running out looking for me within 5 minutes, many of whom con purple to my main high level character.

I gave up after 20 minutes due to boredom, so I walked up to an ornage con and did a little dance expecting him to kill me. He waved and then hit me. Quarter health gone.....then 5 purple con Mids all started hitting me. They didn't belong to his guild, I doubt he even knew them.

I would hate to be in a realm where I have to find a group of enemy players that the level 50's didn't know about. Where is the fun in that?

So my suggestion is that you Mids should start sorting out your own problems before telling us Hibs and Albs how to play the game. If you want good fights then send out realistic armies.

I expect the people complaining about this are the ones that get all there kills stolen by blood thirsty bored higher levels with nothing else to do except kill enemy players. Like I said, if you want us to take keeps and hold them, you're just gonna have to wait or tell your alliance leaders that you don't want any level 50 players helping you fight.

O

old.Grizlas

<hissing breath> Astrakham, join me and together we shall rule the galxay! <hissing breath>

The rebel alliance will soon be crushed once we get the death star operational. Dont underestimate the power of the dark side.

:eek:

The point of taking keeps is of course to be able to take the relics, nothing more. And beating on our relic doors will of course be most effective in weakining our defences. If you cant see the logic in that, then that's too bad.

O

old.cerebus

What I'm saying is that at the moment there is no good reason to take the relics back. The extra 10% power (or whatever) you Mids would lose is really not worth thinking about. When facing an army as well organized and powerful as the norse collective then that 10% just means nothing to us.

Give us Hibs one reason to take our forts back before Darkness Falls, other than to give you level 50 Mids something to do because you're all bored and I promise you we'll be there.

Okay, we can make you poor but all the time spent in RvR would make us level slower and we would lose out on a lot of cash too!

Until you can think of a decent reason though, we're quite content levelling and having fun our own way thanks! :D

You guys are just upset because you levelled so quick in Midgard and now you have nothing to do. :p

A

Astrakhan

<strikes heroic pose> No, Darth Grizlas, while I live and breathe, the peoples of the free world will never submit to your tyranny! <is promptly cut down by a barrage of heavy weapons fire>

Well, last night we ignored your advice, turning to history rather than fantasy for our inspiration. We adopted the brave tactics that the German tribes used against the Roman legions. Fearlessly charging in a chaotic, whooping hoarde, we were cut to ribbons. Maybe there's something in this strategy stuff after all. Where is Vercingetorix when you need him?

Oh well, was good fun for all that. :)

O

old.Lianuchta

Well, we got ribbed to shreds the first time out. We got spearated as our rear was attacked by a coupe of Albs, and the front guard kept on running.

The second time round we were a lot more organised, and the Mids at Alb MG must have crapped themselves when they saw 50 Hibbies streaming thru the gates slaughtering all bar a few stealthers. We then proceded to have some fun (read kill) some Albs when the MAA was pulled. A significant part of the force survived, but whilst we were rezzing the dead, we were charged from behind by some more Mids, resulting in a glorious defeat. Shame I didn't last just a bit longer, need only a few more RPs for RR2.

O

old.Kelmon

Of course you're not evil, Malenka. :D

These so called 'rebels' are nothing but terrorists and a minor inconveniance to mighty Midgard! Midgard is fair to it's followers and harsh to it's enemies, just as it should be. ;)

O

Ottar

> We adopted the brave tactics that the German tribes used
> against the Roman legions.

Not only was Vercingetorix defeated by romans, he was also a gaul rather than germanic warchief. You want lesson from history, check out the defeat of Varus and his three legions at Teutoburg Forest.

Meanwhile <puts on me stormtrooper helmet> pray yer trees to deliver yerselves from the wrath of the norsemen!

Ottar

O

old.cerebus

Yeah, and remember when Asterix couldn't get to any potion and he got got captured by the Romans but then Oblix came along pretending to be a guard and then saved the day because he fell into the potion when he was young?

These so called 'rebels' are nothing but terrorists and a minor inconveniance to mighty Midgard! Midgard is fair to it's followers and harsh to it's enemies, just as it should be

OOOhhhhh....we're gonna get you! :D

Midgard always owns any server at the start but then the Hibs and Albs start getting stronger and you Mids become a small inconvinience! :p

Just you wait......;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom