Nottmoore Vaste or the tale of the time Hibs got defeated by a door

O

old.Lianuchta

Well we had organised it so well. Followers took the lead and had with them people from Ashen Circle, Marsh Horde, Defenders of Titania, Enduring Effervescients and others. Our target, in part to celebrate our coming of age as a guild, Nottmoore Vaste in Jamtland.

After a we got everyone organised we headed out from our PK and headed towards to the Giant. Shame was we got spotted by a Mid (Wagn) on the way. We nearly killed him, but weren't going on a mad goosechase through the Midgard hills and thus proceded to Nottmoore. We killed the guards outside the keep without much trouble and set up our ironwood ram. And then the fun started. 1 ram later we had taken off about 20% of the first doors health, and by this time Wagn had shown up again heading a group of about 15 Mids. We could probably have taken them if it hadn't been for a couple of guard pops. Release time... :p

Ah well, it's a learning experience i suppose...

O

old.Gro

Nice try tho...
Got most mids in alertmode when scouts start reporting 60 hibs in our frontier

O

old.Lianuchta

Nice to know we scared you a bit, eventhough the highest levels would be blue con to the whole lvl50 mob. But yeah, this was basically an exercise in the strength of the 2nd gen guilds (ie not Soul Pact, Shadow of the Glades, Hibernian Dragon Slayers, Guardians of Somnaire or Green Peacekeepers) and as such, under the leadership of the mighty Cerebus :)p ), still fairly successful. Shame not all the guilds had all their people out, or we might have gotten at least the first door down. Still it looks fairly good for the future...

What level is that door btw, 8?

A

Astrakhan

Heh. Roses of Dawn mustered more than two thirds of our members, don't think you can complain too much at that. ;)

Thanks for the fun, guys - looking forward to next time. :)

C

Cedig

This is the problem we (SP+HDS+GoS+GPK) had last time we tried to take a middie keep, those norse blighters had upgraded the doors to some crazy level, and it took ages to get the first door down, by which time the defenders arrives, multiple guards respawned and it was all over.

Those Lvl 50 guys have way too much money (and wood)

O

old.cerebus

It was fun though

Although we failed, at least we tried. You Mids are making this game fun for me as I love being underdog.

Keep up the good work but please don't level so fast. Next time you see a large Hib army, just forget it and carry on with your business. ;)

It's just the beginning of a stronger Hibernia, hopefully RvR will be more fun very soon for everybody.

Thanks for everybody that wen't along and the Mids that killed us all.

O

old.Max Payne

You scared us? :rolleyes:

We just wanted to have fun .. and fun we had... too bad they were all grey or green

O

old.Regalia

target door, type /upgrade
it tells you what level the door currently is.

then learn to operate a ram. 20% off a door in 15 minutes is a BIT low, don't you think? level 10 door is hit for 400 every 5 seconds, that's 72000 hitpoints in 15 minutes if you don't repair the ram. that's half of level 10 door health. either you gave wrong information or you are doing something VERY wrong.

O

old.cerebus

Originally posted by Lianuchta
Ah well, it's a learning experience i suppose...

If you read the posts you'd learn that this was our first ever attempt at a fort on our own, I'm sorry we aren't all as great as you are but we where learning.

O

old.Wagn

I have to admit I was a little surprised when I found 40 or more hibs on the road in Odin's. Lucky for you you aren't albs though, then 2-3 would have come after me every time I got close. I just tried to follow you to give the reinforcements reports of your movements. But then I saw how a patrol attacked you, and I saw my chance and charged aswell. Didn't turn out too good, so I had to run again. After that I lost you, and while chatting I ran into a couple of mobs and died. :) But I came back and got my revenge. :)

O

old.Nedowiz

Hehe I was in there when you attacked while guards at us....not many of us realized that you were there and when the guards went down and we could concentrate on you you ran off bit to fast for us.

I only saw me and Huuk fight back but some casters must have to cause your HP went down way to fast for only us 2 bashing ya.

To bad you were around at all ;)

Nedowiz

M

malenka

When you try this again, can you not spare a little thought for us middies who have to dig deep in our pockets for the wood. I will never get up to my first platinum if I have to keep doing this. Cost me 50g for my latest contribution, which is the equivalent of XPing for a night in very dangerous circumstances.

But well done for getting us middies on alert. I think it woke us up for a while, especially when all the false alarms about you attacking every keep from Odins to Yggdra started flashing up.

Better luck next time :)

O

old.Lianuchta

Hmm, Malenka you have just given me an idea ;)

Anyway next time we might try an Alb keep, I've seen you Mids capture 4-5 of them in an hour so they're probably a better practise target :p

O

Ottar

> I've seen you Mids capture 4-5 of them in an hour so
> they're probably a better practise target

Aye, them albs are quite notorious for not keeping their fort doors upgraded and in good repair.

Ottar

O

old.cerebus

So what you're saying is that if we spend a small amount of gold and attack one of your forts, maybe take the door health down to 50% and then just go home......

......we make you Mids get all edgy, stop exp'ing and then have to spend a fortune mending your doors?

Well thanks for that information :clap:

:D Just kidding :D

M

malenka

You certainly will make me an unhappy bunny, and, as a typical woman, I believe in spreading my moods around everyone, I am sure others will suffer from the fallout.

So you had better not do it!

O

old.Kurrinos

Yeah Ive got to hand it to the Mids for keeping there Keeps in top condition!!! Hmm maybe I auta start saving!!! and buying less arrows!!!!! (Not gona happen)
Im really surprised at the low amount of mids around the jam area!! Being the scouter or the group I was kicking my heals for a while...... But nothings gona save you when 30 purp mids run into you while your stealthed.. Hehe!!!
Hide and seek anyone?
:cool:

O

old.Grizlas

A known tactic on US servers (percival anyway) is to do lenghty campaigns. For a while I thought that the keeps you took and your movements might be part of a devious plot that I just couldnt fathom, but as of late i've come to realize that your actions are random.

Since you have no direction yourselves, I might as well give you some pointers in the hope that you actually might try something sinister in the future.

It is very possible to take a relic keep without taking any other keeps in advance. To do this you need 70 or so 40+ people and 9-10 rams, 3 on each door. This will bring the doors down fast enough for you to loot the relics before the entire enemy realm shows up. Let the rams do the work and all focus on guard spawn.

If you do not succed in taking any relics, at least you've succeded in beating 1 or more doors down. The repair of a relic keep door is very expensive, somewhere around 2p or more dunno. All our keep doors are level 8, that means they are also incredibly expensive to repair.

On the US servers, many inferior realms have taken relics by emptying their enemy's gold reserves. To buy a ram, set it up and bang on a door is alot less expensive than repairing the damage. So in the end the doors will be weak and one can more or less walk in and take the relics.

The other realm is then forced to be on constant alert so they can intercept any army before they can do any door damage, something which is alot harder and more demanding than leasurily strolling to the relic keep to wipe out the annual relic raid attempt that fails at the first door every time.

I've been waiting for you hibs and albs to start fighting back, and there has indeed been some progress during the last week. I keep telling my guildmates to be patient and wait, I tell them "The enemy WILL come" but it's wearing rather thin.

I also remember the early days when we were supposed to have all sorts of advantages in form of itemized dungeons, easier xp places and whatnot. Those excuses just arent cutting it anymore since you've had _plenty_ of time to reach 50. I am also aware that you have the player base and the levels to do something, the only reason I can think of why you dont is that you're too lazy to organize anything.

Well I sure hope you'll start wanting your relics back soon. You have the power to do so and now I've provided the strategy. You can take them if you can manage to unite behind some leader, I suggest you let Pyrotechnix be that person unless he has quit playing.

And lastly, I've been doing some reading in the Mythic manual and official statements and it seems it's actually possible to take a keep or relic on other days than saturdays or sundays. It's true.
:sleeping:

O

old.Gombur Glodson

albs lack organization from what I've experienced

O

old.cerebus

The thing you guys have got to ask yourselves though is :

What the hell is the point in owning our forts and relics?

Okay, the relics give us an extra small amount of power but when you are out-numbered and out-levelled, this is practically useless.

RvR will really kick off on this server when Darkness Falls is available. That is the only reason to hold our forts in my opinion as we need them to actually get in the place.

Hopefully getting your guild emblem on the keep flag will help RvR but when Hibernia shows any sign of an attack, all you high level Mids show up hungry for those grey cons.

If you Mids want a good fight you're just gonna have to wait. We're getting stronger but we just lack the numbers, no amount of tactics is going to help us when we take over a fort and a crap load of level 45+ players show up and just run over us.

M

malenka

Originally posted by Gombur Glodson
albs lack organization from what I've experienced

You say this Gombur, but I was lying dead by amg the other night watching Vestax organise a small alb army and it looked like they were doing as they were told, athough obviously I couldnt understand what he was saying :) So possibly this should be developed. Just needs someone with leadership skills and an absence of the normal egotistical bs from other realm players. Give Midgard its due, the guilds do work well together and the main players are all nice guys who get the job done.

O

old.cerebus

If any realm is going to own this server, it's the one that gets it's players to stick together and listen to orders.

Too many times whole armies have been split up because they see one green con running the opposite way. We can't do anything if we have half our force running one way and the other chasing one enemy player.

O

old.Grizlas

The point of this game (if there is a point) is RvsR as far as im concerned.

The main reason why we bother with your forts is because we're so incredibly bored.

You have both numbers and levels, I've seem it myself, so there is no reason why you cant buy a ram and go bang down one of our keep doors every now and then. On US servers its a fact that 6 level 50 players can take a keep on their own. Dunno how many level 50 players you have but you do have atleast 20 40+ people you can gather.

All we can do is wait, that's correct. And we will be waiting for several months more. But dont underestimate your own power.

A

Ardwan

Originally posted by Gro
Nice try tho...
Got most mids in alertmode when scouts start reporting 60 hibs in our frontier

Hell, get most albs in alert mode if we hear about ONE hib ;)

C

cleeve

Grizlas

The problem here is that I or indeed other players are not here to make you enjoy the game - so perhaps you should stop criticising the levelling rates of other realms and go to the US servers where you can enjoy their campaigns and superior levelling capabilities

The point of this game m8 is to have fun - if your fun is RvR more power to you - I am having a great time playing about in Hibernia - practicing my skills and generally meeting other players and getting used to their communication and play styles.

I am not excusing my levelling rate because theres nothing wrong with it - I am happy doing what I want to do - I didn't buy this game so you could have a good time - I bought it so I could. If other people enjoy themselves in the process - well that gives me a lovely warm feeling inside - to be perfectly frank I dont give a toss if an enemy player is bored. Go hunt a dragon or something - maybe your 'l337' organisation skills and ubiquitous lvl 50s could do it. Then you could post screenies in here and we could all congratulate you.

Cheers All - off to have fun again (remember that folks? - bloody hell, having fun playing a game. Those were the days eh?)

Revor

O

old.Grizlas

I'm having trouble understanding your argument. You're having fun but we're not and you dont give a damn about that, so much I can understand. But there are 3 realms in this game and we are in a symbiotic realtionship. If one realm goes missing it will mean less fun for you, wont it?

I'd just like to see RvsR being more fierce on Prydwen. I dont see how it is possible for 1 realm to be so much ahead for so long without there being some lack of willpower to fight on your side.

It's supposed to be fun to do RvsR, at least that's what Mythic had intended. If you dont like RvsR that's your business, but when the entire realm feels that way, there must be something wrong with the whole game or with your willpower.

Fortunately, it seems that albs and hibs are attacking us more and more, and hence there are more and more people that want to RvsR. Ín any case I'm having more fun these days.

I'm not asking any1 to come to Odins to be beaten down by me so I can have fun at their expense. I'm asking you people to want your relics back and be prepared to fight for them and most of all to stop believing its impossible. We had a hell of a time taking the relics from you and I'm pretty sure you'll have a hell of a time retaking them.

O

old.Lianuchta

OK we have about a dozen lvl45+ people whereas the Mids must have 50-60ish. See where the problem lies? Everytime we get out in force, word spread around Mid and the whole bleeding lot comes to grind us into the floor. If you want exciting RvR respond in the numbers/levels that are deployed.

O

old.Nedowiz

Originally posted by Grizlas
I'm having trouble understanding your argument. You're having fun but we're not and you dont give a damn about that, so much I can understand. But there are 3 realms in this game and we are in a symbiotic realtionship. If one realm goes missing it will mean less fun for you, wont it?

Well....NO...as Revor explained for you he does not give a darn about RvR but has fun in other ways. What was hard to understand in that?

This game is about RvR yes...you are right in that, but only part of the game is RvR, some other is chatting while tradeskilling, exping in new areas you have not seen before...helping new people to get into the game, trying to find drops you want, and so on. If you play DaoC for pure RvR reasons I think you always will be dissapointed.

Not intended as a flame on you just trying to make you understand we all see this game in different ways. If game was pure RvR there would be no gates at Ligen.....

Nedowiz
Late 30's champion
http://yoda.tjgroup.no/fopw

O

old.Grizlas

Sure like I said, there are a quite a few people of all realms that ignore RvsR and have great fun without it. I have no problem with that, and hope they continue to find enjoyment in their own realm. However, I'm talking about the realm as a whole where the majority or close to it, apparantly dont enjoy RvsR. That's what I'm referring to, not what individual people find pleasure in doing.

As for us responding quickly to your assaults, well try mounting an attack on another day perhaps? like wednesday or sommat. In fact, try attacking us every day :)

In the end you will succed no matter how good we are at defending.

O

old.cerebus

.........damn, posted twice lol. :sleeping: :sleeping:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom