Note 3

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Just got it and distinctly underawed...major fast processor and the internet is slower than my Note1...some pages lag so bad I cant use them..the text sizing is all over the place.
I know its bad because Ive had it for two weeks now and havent bothered to change over the sim...I play the N64 emulator a lot which flies along on my old Note...on the 3 its running about 10fps and takes 30 seconds to open a game...obviously theres some software bloat going on..seriously thinking of selling it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You've lost your mind. You must be doing something wrong because not one single review that I've read (I've come up from a GS2 so I can't compare with the original Note) has criticised its speed in any application. They've universally called Samsung out on giving higher processing priority to benchmarking apps but that's not exclusive to the Note 3.

What browser are you using? Dolphin and Firefox both fly for me and I've not noticed anything wrong with text sizing...

Job

Standard browser...it just thst overall it feels the same and on quite a few things its worse..I keep going back to the old Note...not a good sign.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I'd say you have a bad build or you have installed an app that is raping the phone. I have shipped maybe 30 of these to moany sales people and not one has been returned as slow. See if you can do a full reinstall and try a clean build don't reimport old apps automatically.

Job

Tried searching for an update to the n64oid apk for the note...found nothing yet...the phone has the power..it plays san andreas at full spev perfectly..but my beloved n64 app runs like a dog...I was hoping it would be even better.

Job

Now I cant find catchuptv...has it been removed from play or doesnt the note run it.

Job

It just gets worse..now I keep finding the gps searching..its the system ui app that can be disabled..google are seriously fucking me off with their latest builds..going to root and load custom rom...they can go suck my dick..endless dropbox..google plus..photo app popups

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Now I cant find catchuptv...has it been removed from play or doesnt the note run it.

Catchuptv has been removed from the pkay store. Ive tried a few other tv apps and they're all gash. You might as well use a combination of BBC iPlayer + set up a few bookmarks in an HTML doc for the live tv URLs for the other channels you want

Job

Thanks for that..I spent a few hours comparing the two phones and the Note1 is better at everything...youtube is smoother..websites scroll better..seriously its going back..might get the Xperia.

Job

Yes..I shouldnt have bought it.

Job

So I tried increasing font size and it resizes some text and leaves other tiny...so you end up with weird loking pages...like on reddit the links are huge and the commets links are miniscule
Its just fucking me off.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Not heard of any performance issues with the Note 3 to be honest, most people I know with one reckon it's blazing fast, however it still comes with TouchWiz, which is a bloaty, laggy cartoon themed mess.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah, TouchWiz is the only downside. I'm waiting for a good stable release of CM before I jump over to it, I do like the S-Pen stuff (I actually use it a *lot* more than I thought I would) but all the Samsung crap can't go soon enough. That Magazine thing really pisses me off.

But, there's good news, because Samsung and Google have come to an agreement which will hopefully see Samsung deliver a much cleaner, more Android-y OS in the future. Just in passing, it amused me to read that, before Google bought Android for $50m (iirc), the devs approached Samsung and were laughed out of the pitch.

Job

I'm calming down and persevering...tried every browser and found the stock android browser on play...brilliant..fast smooth and displays websites so you can actually read them...then I downloaded an older youtube..perfect...smooth and none of that swipe bolaks.
I knew it was crappy bloatware that was the problem...they should make an adition to Moores law ..every time they double processor speed..fucking coders triple the lag.

Job

Tried all the youtube copies on play...evryone runs 1080 vids smooth as a button...latest you tube is a jerky mess...seriously this is just about the fastest phone out there and youshite cant even write code that it can handle...has adobe taken over the coding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom