No idea Not sure...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm not sure where the problem here is so bear with me.

In my conservatory I have an Xbox 360 which I only really use for telly for the kids. I had Ethernet homeplugs in there which used to work well enough for Amazon instant and Netflix but only just as they aren't on the main ring, at least I suspected that's why. Anyways it seemed to be getting worse in that Netflix was getting less HD and getting blocky and Amazon was just buffering constantly so I thought I'd take a different approach. So I bought an airport express to extend the network downstairs from the AirPort Extreme that my VM cable modem connects to.

Long story short the network looks excellent now but Amazon instant is still shit. Totally shit. It buffers constantly even though it's only trying to stream a very low bit rate like 90s pr0n.

Any ideas?

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Its the conservatory, you need a new one. I can do FH special rates

Poag

m00?
Try it on a laptop, first on the PS4 wifi in the other room. Then on the PS4 wifi in the same room as the Xbox, then on the Xbox wifi.

How are you connecting the airport express tot he airport extreme? Wifi bridge? If your wifi into that area was already dodgy sadly you wont have made it any better. Use the homeplugs to connect the express to the extreme and see if it improves at all.

What homeplugs do you have?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Ok, not tried all that yet but I did try Netflix HD streams on the smart telly in the kitchen as well as the 360 in the conservatory which will both connect to the same AP, at the same time. Perfect.

Stop them, change the 360 to Amazon and try to play SD Pokemon and it's totally shit. Amazon works fine on other devices but I suspect the 360 app is a bit crap or just doesn't like my network.

Anyone heard of this before?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Can you not force the quality settings in the Amazon app?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom