NoSQL Databases! Which one to use?

AiavaNick

Loyal Freddie
Ok since this is the techie side let me get it cleared!
(if not i apologize!)

I used to think that mongoDB is from another planet when it comes to android development!
And as i found out... it still is for some functions....
What im looking is for a DB that can be quite helpful with handrends of thousands of processes per seconds! as if you had millions of users! performance wise but also on getting stuff out of the DB for statistic reasons!

My hands are around couchbase DB and from what i've seen performance-wise it can place alot of dust around all the rest in No-SQL community!

Give me your inputs!
What is your view on the matter!

Poag

m00?
Oracle :(

We are just coming off of the back end of a project to dispose of all our NoSQL DBs and mvoe them into the MSSQL2012 arena. Due to scaling and performance problems once they get over a certain size.

So yeah while NoSQL is easier/quicker when DBs are small, once they get hefty they are more of a problem, from our POV. :(

AiavaNick

Loyal Freddie
It came to mind that Viber started using a compilation of DBs same with linkedin with couchbase + redis.
Now that you can say is a big database for sure ;p
Point is... if its good for a linkedin and viber... with the performance they claim! its fine for me ;p
An actual experience with that DBs would drive my hand though :D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Redis is in no way, shape or form enterprise-ready. There are no magic databases which solve all your problems; there is only pre-loading and lots and lots and lots of caching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom