North Korea

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
A lot of this is just him barking at strangers behind a tree. But it IS getting worse i agree to that.

Kim Jong Un is a political infant and he's never ever lived in the real world, so it's really hard to predict what he will be doing.

He may not have missiles that can reach USA, but they CAN reach South Korea. And if he breaks THAT truce then it's going to get really scary really fast.

China have shown evidence that they are somewhat annoyed at North Korea right now (they actually didn't veto the new sanctions but agreed to them) but i don't wanna bet any money they won't stay on "our" side if shit hits the fan. China still fears a united democratic Korea more then North Korea's nuclear tests.

But again, Kim Jong Un is an unpredictable bastard trying to prove himself, to his own people first and foremost.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
A lot of this is just him barking at strangers behind a tree. But it IS getting worse i agree to that.

Kim Jong Un is a political infant and he's never ever lived in the real world, so it's really hard to predict what he will be doing.

He may not have missiles that can reach USA, but they CAN reach South Korea. And if he breaks THAT truce then it's going to get really scary really fast.

China have shown evidence that they are somewhat annoyed at North Korea right now (they actually didn't veto the new sanctions but agreed to them) but i don't wanna bet any money they won't stay on "our" side if shit hits the fan. China still fears a united democratic Korea more then almost anything.

But again, Kim Jong Un is an unpredictable bastard trying to prove himself, to his own people first and foremost.

Indeed, China backed the sanctions that lead to this so I can't see China standing behind North Korea if it comes to all out war.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I wouldn't bet on that tbh Blood, China would REALLY REALLY hate to have a democratic country just on the other side of their own border... For China North Korea is a buffer towards the west they have a lot of interest in keeping.. They do NOT want to see a unified Korea with Pyongyang not in power.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
doesn't this same thing happen every time new sanctions are imposed?

1. New sanctions are imposed.
2. NK threatens to throw down some shit.
3. UN agrees to send a few extra sacks of beans.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
doesn't this same thing happen every time new sanctions are imposed?

1. New sanctions are imposed.
2. NK threatens to throw down some shit.
3. UN agrees to send a few extra sacks of beans.

The Chinese agreeing to sanctions is a pretty big game-changer. NK properly has its back to the wall this time. Of course the Chinese agreeing to sanctions, and the Chinese complying with sanctions, are two entirely different things.

DaGaffer

I wouldn't bet on that tbh Blood, China would REALLY REALLY hate to have a democratic country just on the other side of their own border... For China North Korea is a buffer towards the west they have a lot of interest in keeping.. They do NOT want to see a unified Korea with Pyongyang not in power.

The Chinese share a border with plenty of other countries of various political persuasions, including the world's largest democracy (NB. South Korea isn't that much of a democracy by western standards). I don't think a united Korea is much of a threat to China at this point. I don't really think anyone in the region is much of threat to them really.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The Chinese agreeing to sanctions is a pretty big game-changer. NK properly has its back to the wall this time. Of course the Chinese agreeing to sanctions, and the Chinese complying with sanctions, are two entirely different things.

Well they didn't just agree to them, China helped to write the sanctions so clearly China must be bricking it that North Korea wants to continue developing a nuclear arsenal... with an immature leader like Kim Jong-Un can you blame them? can't say i'd want a mental halfwit living next door with his finger on a nuke.

I'd never normally condone anywhere being invaded but in this instance i'd call it justified IF it came to that.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Invade the most brainwashed & indoctrinated country on the planet?

Can see that going well.

And us being there for 100 years :p

DaGaffer

Well they didn't just agree to them, China helped to write the sanctions so clearly China must be bricking it that North Korea wants to continue developing a nuclear arsenal... with an immature leader like Kim Jong-Un can you blame them? can't say i'd want a mental halfwit living next door with his finger on a nuke.

I'd never normally condone anywhere being invaded but in this instance i'd call it justified IF it came to that.

They wouldn't be the first nation to say one thing in front of the UN and do something completely different, although in this case I struggle to see why China bothers to support NK at all; the ideological basis for their support in the past is pretty tenuous these days; China is barely communist and NK is feudal state.

DaGaffer

Invade the most brainwashed & indoctrinated country on the planet?

Can see that going well.

And us being there for 100 years :p

I do wonder how badass NK really is. They've obviously got a hard core of brainwashed lunatics in their armed forces, but it doesn't necessarily mean the average squaddie with an obsolete AK and barely any food to eat is in the same league. Plus, if the Chinese invaded from the North most of NK's fixed defences are pointing in the wrong direction (literally, lots of their artillery etc. is in fixed bunkers aimed at the DMZ and SK).

Gwadien

I do wonder how badass NK really is. They've obviously got a hard core of brainwashed lunatics in their armed forces, but it doesn't necessarily mean the average squaddie with an obsolete AK and barely any food to eat is in the same league. Plus, if the Chinese invaded from the North most of NK's fixed defences are pointing in the wrong direction (literally, lots of their artillery etc. is in fixed bunkers aimed at the DMZ and SK).
oh, man, I'm not bothered about the initial invasion, we'll over-throw them quickly, but they'll go underground, THAT'S when we'll get fucked over.

The only country that can and should sort them out is China, just tell 'em to stop being bell-ends, and they will.

leggy

Probably Scottish

The Chinese have agreed with the last 3 sanctions. The shipment of vehicularised (this isn't a word) missile launchers from China to NK suggest your last statement is probably the mist likely.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
So what do we do in 15 years time when NK and Iran have long range missiles?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So what do we do in 15 years time when NK and Iran have long range missiles?

Same thing we did when russia dn US were on the brink of a world destroying scale warthreat, or when the ww1 and ww2 happened; we keep going.

Gwadien

Well the Koreans have Nukes don't they? - I would've thought getting them a to b would be the easy bit.

Then again, look at their first failed space mission, would be lolol if they were like, JUST GONNA NUKE SK....

WE NUKED OURSELVES OOPS LOL

Aada

Part of the furniture
NK Army are fed well its the civilians that have to eat rat and dog on a daily basis, but their is probably old soviet stuff.

They don't have nuclear subs and the US has satellites watching Jong-Un taking a shit, I doubt they are much to worry about.

Don't believe that every North Korean is an indoctrinated zombie, they probably hate their country but what can they do? Say anything you get thrown into the slave camps with your entire family.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
My guess is that one US Navy aircraft carrier could destroy North Korea's military machine quite easily. NK's artillery would be wiped out within a few short hours, so South Korea wouldn't have much to worry about.

Personally, I hope NK gives the rest of the world an excuse to go in and decapitate its leadership, then we can get back to worrying about more important things, like horses in our beefs.

Aada

Part of the furniture
My guess is that one US Navy aircraft carrier could destroy North Korea's military machine quite easily. NK's artillery would be wiped out within a few short hours, so South Korea wouldn't have much to worry about.

Personally, I hope NK gives the rest of the world an excuse to go in and decapitate its leadership, then we can get back to worrying about more important things, like horses in our beefs.

F22 Raptors!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Really looking forward to the west dismantling the fuckers known as NK. Unfortunately we are shit scared of the Chinese so won't happen soon.

I remember when I stayed up at night to catch up on the Falklands War, BRING BACK MAGGIE!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Really looking forward to the west dismantling the fuckers known as NK. Unfortunately we are shit scared of the Chinese so won't happen soon.

I remember when I stayed up at night to catch up on the Falklands War, BRING BACK MAGGIE!

The Chinks scare everyone.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The Chinks scare everyone.
Be nice, they are not chinks but Chinese. Yes, I believe they are a superpower and could fuck the "west" over in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom