Noob Theurgist question

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
I have an Earth Theurgist (level 32 at present). According to Classes of Camelot, the highest level earth pet is at 32. According to the Catacombs Character Builder however, there are level 40 and 48 ones. Which is correct?

Also where do most Earth Theurgists drop their remaining points if they take Earth to 48? Is it worth speccing one of the secondary lines to 24 or are those points basically wasted as all you get are low delve, low level DDs, snares or an AoE mez? Is it worth speccing for low level pets in another line?

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I do believe there are level 48 earth pets, the so called 'earth lords'. I know for the ice line there are level 48 pets even though documentation of that has been shoddy at best, for some reason.

Anyway, if you go 48 earth, i'd definately say dump the rest into the ice line, for better variance on the baseline nuke there. Air line won't give much at all at low spec.. as the spec nuke will not get good until you have 45 air.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
I have an Earth Theurgist (level 32 at present). According to Classes of Camelot, the highest level earth pet is at 32. According to the Catacombs Character Builder however, there are level 40 and 48 ones. Which is correct?

Also where do most Earth Theurgists drop their remaining points if they take Earth to 48? Is it worth speccing one of the secondary lines to 24 or are those points basically wasted as all you get are low delve, low level DDs, snares or an AoE mez? Is it worth speccing for low level pets in another line?

There is indeed level 40 and 48 pets, but personally i wouldnt take earth past 35. With 35 you got your 8 sec pbt and your level 32 pets.

I would go 41 ice, for decent damage and snare.

41ice/35 earth is the best RvR spec imo.

Keeg

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:

Its basically like this: All pets theurgists get at 32 (25 with ice) will have the maximum level a pet can have at level 50. (meaning your pet will be level 44 at lvl 50). Reason some theurgs high earth is for the 6 sec pbt.

Split speccing is most common for theurgists, ice\earth seems to be fotm.
When you ask if its worth speccing for low level pets in anotherline, the answer is if you plan on rvring with your pets as dmg dealer, the answer is yes. The level 25 ice pet spell, level 32 air and level 32 earth pet spells, have their max level at 44 (witch is max level for any non-charmed pet without ml\ra abilities).
I have seen another spec used by a rr9 theurg m8 of mine who uses pets for dmg dealing:
32 earth (for blue pet at lvl 50)
25 Ice (for blue pet at lvl 50)
35 air (blue pet at lvl 50, and ok aoe mez)
Actually the spec 35 air nuke nearly does the same dmg as your base dmg spell, and it costs 14 less power, so he uses that for nuking ^^

Air pets are btw, very nice cuz of chain stun.

Keep in mind that this is on camlann, where you get alot more 1vs1 fights, not the zerg vs zerg as you get in rvr. In my experience of rvr with theurgists is that there isnt time to pet spam, so you will find yourself nuking most of the time not using pets at all.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Ok thanks for the replies.
I was under the impression that 6 second PBT was pretty uber and was worth speccing for - there's not a lot else to spec for in the Earth line apart from pets and if what Keeg says is true, then that's a lot of spec points for not a lot of return. If double or eve tri-speccing is the way to go then I'll do some playing around and see what works.

Levin, I'll catch you in game for a word about it all when you're not busy if you don't mind.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Levin, I'll catch you in game for a word about it all when you're not busy if you don't mind.

Don't listen to Levin!!!!1111one He'll tell you to just put haste and damageadd on your quickbar and staffwhack everything :(

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
The 35 spec air nuke does 48 damage less than the ice nuke.

Anyway i would go 40 earth/36 ice if i played mine again...if i put a lot of time into my theurg i would go 45 air/25 ice(10% piercing 9% spell damage 9% range 10% cast speed etc)

Though 41 ice/35 earth is another spec but 40 earth/36 ice has better earth pets(run faster and hit slightly harder) and the variance will be gone at rr5 i think.The lv48 earthlord pets can't be outrun with mach 5 apparently, i haven't tested this but they sure are fast and can hit quite hard just that pbaoe damage can kill them fast too.

Keeg

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Ok thanks for the replies.
I was under the impression that 6 second PBT was pretty uber and was worth speccing for

6second pbt was uber pre SI or so.. nowadays its really doesnt make a big difference, its ok for pve reasons but with new frontiers rvr, witch is mostly caster vs caster groups it does make much difference, cuz most of the time people will nuke you to death.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Shanaia said:
Don't listen to Levin!!!!1111one He'll tell you to just put haste and damageadd on your quickbar and staffwhack everything :(

As if there would be anything wrong with that!!!???? HMPF! :kissit:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom