noob question about +skills for melee

Owl

Fledgling Freddie
i know that for casters its advisable to have +11 skill to the line where their main dd spell is even if they have trained that line to 50 (ie icewiz 50 ice +11 skill) since it increases the dmg of the spell.

Is it the same with melee? I know that skill should be total of 50 (or 51?) for avoiding dmg variation (ie slash 39+11skill) but if one has more points into slash will +11 skill increase dmg? (ie 44slash+11skills doing more dmg than 44+6skills)

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Melee dmg doesn't use the same formulas as Casting damage. Melee dmg is based upon weaponskill, and that is increased by +skills.

Also, you will always keep dmg differences with melee, there's just a minimum and maximum dmg, and you'll random in between.

Anyway, in the end.. +11 should do more damage, but if you already have 51 in weapon, and need to sacrifice for more.. then don't bother. As the difference is minimal.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Above 51 composite (Skill+Items+RR bonus) on a weapon, the styled portion of the damage will increase, but the base damage will not.

Darzil

Strokes

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
Above 51 composite (Skill+Items+RR bonus) on a weapon, the styled portion of the damage will increase, but the base damage will not.

Darzil

only if you are using that line i think

say 51slash(composite) on an infil is enough when using CS and DW, but you want those lines as high as possible for more dmg 50+11+RR :)

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
wasnt it too, that above 51, the +1 skills counted actually as +0.5 in the formula?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom