Nokia N97

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
o2's exclusivity period with the iphone came to an end, as it was always going to. Think the UK was the last country to have only one network offer it, that last link won't load for me, but it's shoddy reporting by the telegraph if they are trying to link those two.

The network has suffered from very heavy data use by iphone users though, that is a well known fact, hence o2's poor data at the moment. I think Orange will go the same with it's data when they are hit by iphones in November.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Oh yes, I was going to put "fair usage policy" in quotes, but Orange reckon 500 MB is fair usage (lol)

Yeah they said the same spiel to me when I talked to them. The thing that fucks me off is that I've seen so many people talking about the deal saying it's "unlimited" or "unlimited with 500mbs fair usage". If that's them saying it, fine, if it's orange who are actually saying that then it's total bullshit. I can't see how in any way shape or form it fits either.

500mbs is entirely limited, it's limited at 500mbs, that's why they say 500mbs. It's also not a fair usage policy because those are considered soft-caps whereby they simply contact you when you breach it frequently. Orange's cap is a hard cap, you go over 500mb you pay for what you go over.

I guess I should have more important things to get wound up about but it does fuck me off. It also just pisses me off that orange are selling this internet phone and not providing anywhere near as good a deal on their net as other providers. T-Mobile upped their fair usage for this phone FROM 1gb to 3gb fgs!

Grr.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It will be interesting to see what happens in November / December when T-mobile and Orange both get the iphone, and their merger goes ahead.

T-mobiles policy is fair use, as is o2's. If you consistently go over the limit they will contact you and ask you to watch your usage.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
i have a a G2 touch on t-mobile for 36.50 a month unlimited texts and 800 minutes with the 3gb (fair use policy)

the stock rom was shite and well slow, so its now got the Modoco 2.5.1 core on it with a radio of 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18

runs like Usain BoltThe customer service guy that rang me for the aftercare service call said he had one and that hes worked at t-mo for about 7 years and hes never heard of anyone getting there data rate capped or had any nasty letters or phone calls about fair usage, its routed so i can wireless tether to my laptop when im out and about

my fav apps

spotify premium (9.99 a month)

imusic - any tune and artist streamed to your phone or downloaded to the sd card (i cant see any way that is legal tbh)

Andnav2 - turn by turn satnav

google voice search

droidlive - shoutcast treamed radio

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Well I'm due for a new SonyEricsson on the 2nd of January, and as I see it I will have 3 choices, all excellent.

1) Satio. The 12mp behemoth just launched this does look pretty sexy. It would save me buying a point and shoot for holidays etc, it has a Walkman player, ful touchscreen and various other gubbins. Only downsides for me are the on-screen keyboard (they give the baby Jesus AIDS) and the fact that it runs on S60. Overall though looks a pretty awesome bit of hardware, and am going to keep an eye on this one intently.

2) Xperia X2. Basically a slight upgrade to my faithful X1, it adds WinMo 6.5 and a better camera. It keeps the wonderful design, fold out keyboard and pukka 3.5mm jack, and the panels interface is still there to make things a darn sight easier. Main bad point is that it doesn;t feel like a massive step up to my X1, and I'm fairly certain I could achieve the same ends with my X1 with a 6.5 ROM on it. Probably the safe choice however.

3) Xperia X3. Unlikely to be out in January, however could be well worth waiting for. Android, great camera, 1Ghz processor and 3D chip, what's more it looks les testicules du chien. Still got a bloody onscreen keyboard though.....

And I am completely torn on this one. At the moment I'm leaning towards the Satio if I'm honest, but the more I learn about the X3 the more I want one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom