Nokia 6680

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
:O my phone company have given me one of these (new contract) anyone have one who can tell me what they are like?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Best phone available at the moment. shame most of the cases for it make it look so big, but you'll need one cause it scrathes easily. The camera quality is amazing, as is the flash.

Yoni

ok I have had my phone for a weekend and I am a little stuck with something.

Can the shortcuts be changed as after RTFM and looking online I cant find a way to do this.

I am with Orange btw

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
I think Yoni was saying 'Can the [main menu] shortcuts be changed as after [reading the *beeping* manual] and looking online I cant find a way to do this' (I think?! :)).

As for the problem, I used to have a Symbian Series 60-based Nokia phone and whilst you couldn't change the main menu shortcuts there was a favourites program where you add your own shortcuts to your most used applications. You could then 'bind' this program to a key in the phone settings options. That said, this was nearly three years back when Series 60 was first released, so things may well have changed.

Kind Regards

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes you can Yoni.

Orange have a habit of rebranding and fiddling with the software a lot though, so it may be abit different for you.

Go to settings, phone settings, standby mode. Under the first option "active standby" are the two soft keys and the directional jkeys and what shortcut they relate to. Edit away.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
You can also move every menu item into any other menu category.

So you could in fact end up with all the menu options under 1 folder...

you can do this by going into the menu and pressing "options" then select "Move" or "Move to folder" or create folders etc etc

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Also if you want a bigger memory card, you can copy all the software off the old one. The nokia filemanager and backup program will not do it. You need to have a seperate card reader and just view the hidden files.

Now I have a 128mb card with lots of mp3's and the useless nokia software I never use. heh.

Yoni

does this actually change your front screen though with the short cuts down the side

As i look at my phone I have contacts, call lists, messages, today, camera, orangeworld. Within each of those are sub menus....

It is that bit I want to change.

I have worked out how to change the main menu bit.

Thank you for all your help so far and thank you Jonty for interpreting my girly spam so well :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm actually lost as to what you mean now. If my phone is on standby, with just the wallpaper showing, I have only the two soft key options showing. I have these set as messages and contacts. I use the navigation d-pad assigned to popular functions. I use voice control to access other commonly used features.

I have no other shortcuts, the only other thing is the main menu its self, which as dys said is fully customisable. You can move anything anywhere.

Yoni

I have short cut menus on the screen (it may be an orange thing) but I wanted to know how to change those :)

Yoni

Thank you dys :)

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Yoni

I'm with Orange and, whilst it's a different phone, I have something very similar. Sadly it cannot be modified, only removed completely which isn't very useful :(

Kind Regards

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
Hey Jonty

How did you remove the Ornage menu thingy? Got my phone this morning, only way i can hide it is by holding the menu button and then selecting Telephone and its sort of reverts back to the nokia main screen

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Panda

Sorry for the late reply :(

I'm actually using a Windows smartphone at present and on there you can remove the Orange bar by going into the phone's 'Home Screen' settings and choosing a defaut scheme or one of your own making. Sadly having Googled it seems the Nokia may not have the facility. You may want to check your phone's theme or display settings, but otherwise you may be stuck with it.

Kind Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom