Nokia 6170

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Got this stainless steel phone on O2, loving it so far, very swish.

Only problem is that i can't seem to send/receive picture messages. I've clicked the "get settings" button to get the O2 settings which I receive successfully (O2 GPRS and O2 MMS). I save them, can browse the web ok but it just times out sending MMS messages. When i send a msg from my gf's phone to mine, a little "G" comes on (for GPRS i presume) with a spinning paper clip as if it was receiving a multimedia message (her phone says message sent successfully) but eventually the "G" and spinning paper clip symbol just go off and i never get the message.

Any ideas?

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
my girlfriend had the same problem, still cant send and receive MMS, but mine works fine.

The o2 website allows you to download the settings or someone in customer support can send them?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
As far as I know - sending/receiving mms' is a service you need to request to be enabled before you can do it.

Well, with my orange contract I didn't have to for some reason, but I heard that I might.

Gray

FH is my second home
If you have recently taken out a contract, then you will have MMS/GPRS automatically enabled on the handset, all you need is the settings.

If you have been with o2 a number of years/months, the tariff that you have (o2 200, 250 etc etc) may not have it enabled, BUT thats only for MMS, there is very few o2 tariffs that dont support GPRS (Talking about really really old tariffs).

If you upgraded your handset, and it was previously working on your other handset, then its the settings which are causing the problem.

You seem to be fine getting onto the GPRS so thats not the problem it seems, try the Nokia website for the MMS/GPRS settings, i generally dislike the o2 Active settings because sometimes they are outdated.

Nokia MMS Website

Just do Step 1 (Unless you wanna setup Email or stuff), save the setting/s as requested (It looks to have changed recently) and then turn off the phone, should work straight away then

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Many thanks Gray, that's sorted it out a treat!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom