No Way Back

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
I have just found out via an email from GOA, that theres basically, no way i can ever play on my account again..

March the 3rd, 2002 i registered for DAoC with an address that didnt exist, as it was the first Online MMORPG i had played, and didnt see any reason why they would need a proper home address, except to send me useless crap which i dont need.

Almost Two years later my account gets Terminated due to an incident which i am sure 90% of you all know about, my account is finally working again, but the passwords have been changed for security reasons, and new passwords have been sent via post to the address which they had in their database under my name. As i dont have a subscription password any longer i cannot log on to change my personal information, and so "6 Whiplash Lane" or whatever crap i registered with, will recieve an email with my Game/Sub password in, and i will recieve nothing.

Now, to the point.. I have emailed Kemor, been told "STFU im busy, go speak to someone who cares" Sent messages and messages through rightnow, and finally today i got this:

Hello,

We will send you your confidential data by post area to the postal address we have in our database, if you want to receive them, the only solution is to proceed to a "mail forwarding".

You should receive them within a few days.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

GREAT! So my pwords have been sent to an address which doesnt exist, and they will not resend to an address which DOES exist. Dunno how the fuck im suposed to get a Fake Address to foward mail to me, but nm, Whine Over.

Before any Mfker starts saying "Its you own fault for registering a fake address" Dont.

As theres nothing GOA will do about it, and i have no way of logging on again, ive decided that i cba starting a character from scratch again, on a different account, like ive done so many times before. Thanks to everyone who's expressed concern, or even helped over the last week, and a big thanks to everyone who's made my stay in DAoC a happy one.

Cya all in the next game.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
errr is autorenew still on? Oo

there must be some way you can prove it...

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
Well if it is, i have no way of stopping it, and i doubt GOA will.

A

Aoln

Don't know really what to say.

Seems fucking pathetic of GOA to do nothing for a customer after 2years of playing and spending however much time and money in daoc. The customer support in this game is completely shit and seriously makes me think of leaving after something like this.

Hope there's still something you can do and really sad to see you go, one of my best and longest known friends ingame :(

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
You might want to ask your bank to stop any withdrawals from GOA plus ask for a return of the previous payment. At least that will make them aware for certain. :)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
but you used your real name right?

prove this is you, send them a copy of your identity or smt... tell them you moved to another house or whatever

and if kemor is busy then just send him again some time later and tell him your desperate and theres no other way for you, dont give up yet....

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
I have tried every way you can think of, Proof of ID etc etc.

The -ONLY- thing GOA will do is send my details to the adress they have on their database, and let me sort it from there.

Believe me, i have tried.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Hi m8
we are speaking atm but I post anyway.

The problem to get goa to help otherwise.
is that they have a huge problem in the english vocabulary.
they dont know shit bout it.

I asked em to send to me they didnt. etc.

but I would be pissed if a good guy and ingame friend like you have to get going cause of this.

when im back in I do all I can to lvl u back up
imo HO merc xDD /hug

cmon we need players like u to stay.

I hope everyone can and will sort you out both lvl and item wise

Humble Regards

Chimaira

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Don't leave Lucias. As Aoln said and i agree, you're one of my oldest in-game friends. Hell, i remember back in the day, Keltoi when you were one of the few, not only crush, but 2 handed paladins :eek2: . We've had some good times from there all the way to Lyonesse, not so much in the rvr front, as of yet :( . Don't throw it all away just yet, for not only your sake, but for ours, we wub you Lucias :wub: .

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
in every message you sent to rightnow type it in english and french (use http://world.altavista.com/ )

if they find the french part useful, they read it, if they dont, they wont, if they feel insulted, well then its their own fault....

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
If it's anything that you're credit card is involved in, DONT LIE!

You're just creating more problems for yourself in the long run.

I'm sad to see this happen to you, Lucias, I really am, but putting in a false address was a really stupid thing to do.

I really hope this can be resolved.

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
I really hope this can be resolved.

It cant, so: Say NN to Lucias the Merc, and Say Hello to Lucinda the Theurg!

:m00:

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Ignoring the hate replies in this thread, this is what you should do (as has been posted many times before) I´m quoting Kemor here because he has said it before:

Kemor said:
The procedure to change subscription password is as follow:
1) Make sure ALL your account informations are 100% correct and updated regularily. This is THE most important part, also be sure to remember the information with which you first registered.
2) Contact subscription@goa.com via mail. Make this mail as clear as possible. I know that we have many players coming from various countries of Europe and I'm not talking about using perfect english, but to try and make your mail as coherent as possible, to avoid "gamer talk" and d00d speak.
3) In this mail, make it clear that you wish to have your SUBSCRIPTION password changed, explain why, and give the following information:

- SUBSCRIPTION login:
- GAME login:
- Name & Lastname:
- Current Email:
- Email you used to register (if different):
- Current postal address:
- Postal address you used to register (if different):
- CD keys (classic and SI)

This is the basic information that you will be asked for when contacting subscription@goa.com. Once they have all this, then we have two possibilities:
1) All your account informations are correct and up-to-date:
You will most likely receive a reply to your email announcing that the SUBSCRIPTION password was changed and that the new one will be mailed (we are talking postal mail here, not email). This procedure can take up to a week or two depending where you live currently.
2) Your account information are not matching what we have on our side:
Here you got a problem and we also got a problem (because it means that the case is going to get complicated). We cannot just send new account information out if what you gave is not correct, so we need more. Usually you will be asked questions related to your registration and if you are the legitimate owner of the account, should be no problem at all for you to answer. This can take a bit longer to investigate on our side, so no need to make it even longer by not replying to the emails asking for these informations. Here again, once we have everything we need, you will be mailed a new SUBSCRIPTION password.

Of course, what I just wrote above is how the system "should" work, but we are living in a world not "working as intended" all the time

This procedure can go very smooth, very relaxed.
You got a problem with your account, you contact us in a nice way, with all the information needed, you got nothing wrong with your account: you get what you want fast and nice.

It can also go very nasty and not relaxed at all...
You got a problem with some account you just bought, you contact us in some sub-human language and fill the whole mail with lies and mis-information: you get your account closed fast and nice.

Of course they are tons of other possibilities and mixes of the two situations described above including some I myself can't believe when I see them and it's starting to cost me a fortune to keep the white guys away

Conclusion?
- Keep your account information updated ALL the time, no matter what happens.
- Do NOT save anything related to passwords on your computer. If you play at home without a nasty little brother or some Einstein dog from outter space, put a post-it on your screen or one of these new and beautiful USB-MP3 players.
- If you play in some net-café, be sure to check for key-loggers and do not always use the same computer.
- If you go to a LAN-Party, don't get too drunk and start yelling your account info.
- Do not trust anyone with your SUBSCRIPTION info. We can always (most of the time) fix problems if someone gets to know your GAME info, but with SUBSCRIPTION, be careful

I hope the answer will help, take care out there...

So get a new subscription password, login, change your email, ask for new game passwords and you´ll be back ingame.
Really guys, stop attacking GoA on old issues for which problems are at hand already :rolleyes:

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
As i've just said to you on IRC Tare, i dunno what i registered my Address as, because it was completly out of the blue. So i cannot fill out that form properly..

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
People fake stuff (haha funneh xD) all the time, so just tell them u faked it. The CD keys are the most important part anyway. It shows you are the original owner.

edit: oh and don't start a theurg, u don't want to be running around in dresses all the time, trust me:p

Fink

One of Freddy's beloved
Cant you just use the billing address of the credit card that you are using to prove your real address? All outlets which have an credit card aquiring package set up have Visa/MC verification systems which hold the billing addresses as one of the primary keys.

Get them to post to that address instead....if they listen or are inclined that is.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
GOa can sort it

its just if they can be arsed to

as per usual

Gl with it man and keep in touch over msn

:fluffle:

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Hmm, something people seem to forget here.

How are GOA supposed to know its a genuine attempt to sort something and not someone scamming an account?

I mean seriously, its not the easiest thing in the world to pin down given there was false info on the original form.

I feel sorry for you but I can't think of any valid reason for lying on your sign-on info when you got the game.

As for Kemor telling you stfu etc... well, his job somewhat depends on dealing with this kind of stuff calmly and even when seething without losing it. Thats a luxury only allowed to players on forums like these ;)
I very much doubt he said that to you. Possibly with extreme provocation, but even then I'm very doubtful.

Good luck though.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
I've been throu the same shit and I after a 2nd attempt and proabably another CSR I got this answer:

Hello,

If you wish to change your subscription password, you have to send us first a hanwritten letter with the following informations whether via post area or by fax (see contact below):

a. Copy of the identity card
b. Copy of the last credit card bill (the last payment for DAoC has to be mentioned)
c. Last registered "profile" information (first and last name, postal and email address, both cdkeys)

Wanadoo France
Administration des Ventes Jeux (GOA)
48, rue Camille Desmoulins
92791, Issy les Moulineaux - Cedex

Fax : +33-1 58 88 68 50

PS : We have terminated the concerned account “xxxxxxxxx” temporarily until we solve your problem.

We apologize for the delay in our reply.

Yours sincerely,
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support
Edit: They are talking about "both" cd keys because I have 3 copies and couldnt tell wich key was belonging to the account in question. So dont mind that.

I suggest you to send them this quote and pin them down on it. :)

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
GOA don't keep credit card numbers(or so they say :p ), so you can't prove your identity that why. And giving them the name you have on your CC isn't enough proof.

Does GOA keep a record of the CD-Keys an account has used?
You only need to enter it when installing the game, and ofc, when you want to play the game. Are all CD-Key checks done on the client side, or does it check with GOA's servers too? If it checks with the servers, that should help GOA track down the hotmail hackers too.

/Edit/

Just read the post above which suggests GoA do keep records of CD-Key/accounts oO

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
The key is stored with your profile I think... I can remember that some time ago (before SI) it was still displayed on the account detail page.

And about the cc bill... you've got the cd key, you're paying for the account (they can at least verify when the account was renewed the last time) and you can tell the info stored within the profile (I hope you entered a real address there and can remember it.). What better proof can there be?

Ferengi

Fledgling Freddie
ure saying u didnt need ur email in 2 years... how did u get ure new password back ½ a year ago when they screwed up? just asking cuz i got new password for sub and game. hope u get it sorted.

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
you guys are listening are you.

he faked HIS REAL LIFE ADRESS, not the email.

and although it sucks for you mate, well it was a bloody stupid thing to do. What on earth made you think they´d send you snail-mail spam?????

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Addlcove said:
you guys are listening are you.

he faked HIS REAL LIFE ADRESS, not the email.
I moved and didnt bother updating my profile. Then the freemail account expired. Then they changed all passes. :) As long as he can remember what he entered into his profile he should be ok.

Eroa

Banned
Ferengi said:
ure saying u didnt need ur email in 2 years... how did u get ure new password back ½ a year ago when they screwed up? just asking cuz i got new password for sub and game. hope u get it sorted.

You know mail and email is 2 different things, Maybe read before you ask?

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
your Creditcard must be registred somewere.... or did you lie about your adress when you got that aswell? :)

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
Cheers for all the help, and yeah i know its my fault to start with, i stated that in my first post.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Ogrelin Blodig said:
your Creditcard must be registred somewere.... or did you lie about your adress when you got that aswell? :)

Goa dont hold CC info thats their banking partners .. and i very much doubt it is able to be shared with Goa so no its not proof

Ferengi

Fledgling Freddie
Eroa said:
You know mail and email is 2 different things, Maybe read before you ask?
The best thing is if u misunderstand a question peeps like u will be there instantly to chop my ahed... take it ez and have a beer m8 :drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom