No outlook icon

Clown

Part of the furniture
So many questions in one week!

Microsoft Outlook on my desktop doesn't have an icon, it just displays the "no-file-type" thing. How can I fix it?

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
First thing to try would be to rebuild the icon cache on your machine, it's an option from TweakUI - download it from the Microsoft site and give it a whirl.

One question too - is it the original icon? Or have you used an applicaton such as iconStudio, MircoAngelo or similar to change it? If so then check the folder where your icons were stored hasn't moved, as it can also cause what you described.

Xav

Clown

Part of the furniture
The original icon. I tried TweakUI before I asked here. I should have mentioned it but I'm on the verge of crying :(

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Can't you right click it and "change Icon" under properties?

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Heh, ok - well option two is to cheat and use one of the aforementioned apps to replace the icon yourself. Just point it at the outlook.exe and it will use the icon. I'll google to see if i can find some common causes and exactly where it's referenced in the registry.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
WPKenny said:
Can't you right click it and "change Icon" under properties?
No, right clicking Outlook -> Properties gives you the Mail window from Control Panel. It's not a normal icon remember.

Xav

Clown

Part of the furniture
You both must have created a new shortcut because you lost the real versions!
Maybe... I'm a shit sherlock.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Yep, that means you've only got a shortcut to Outlook on your desktop Scooba, not the Outlook desktop icon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom