No no no no NO!

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Why do companies allways have to over milk a franchise? As Sony are releasing Starship Troopers 2.

:/

Whoever thought this up is a fucking NED, and i hope they contract something nasty.

It makes me want to hate the first one. :(

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Well fortunately they don't have much to live up to when making this sequel as Starship Troopers wasnt that fantastic, although I liked it...

We'll have to wait and see...

nath

Fledgling Freddie
The first on was dire, so I don't see the big deal in making a dire sequel :\

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
The first one was cack, apart from the b00bies in it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Pfft, heathens.

Starship Troopers was an absolute classic. Although admittedly the sequel looks bad, it should have been left at the first film. I notice it is a made for TV movie though.

Looks like this one has more in common with Alien than Starship Troopers.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Is that a CGI movie then? I remember having seen a few episodes of Starship Troopers the cartoon series on TV a while back, series seemed quite decent actually, decent animation from the few episodes I saw.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Looks to be awful, such a shame considering Verhoeven's work on the first film was fantastic in creating a not-to-be-taken-seriously sci-fi gore fest.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
I'd have loved it if they made ST2 from the perspective of the new troopers in the Roughnecks (Think the "We're the old men now Ace" scene) where it effectively charts their experiences from seeing the news coverage of the war to Rico 'dying' in the face of the camera, to their conscription into the war and ultimately as part of the roughnecks.

Though instead of it following Rico et al to the brain bug it follows the rest of the squad on their mission orders (the other tunnel :p). Cut to the brainbug being captured, celebrations etc.. then chart what happened after that part (since it just played the propaganda machine "We have the soldiers/technology" etc) because I REALLY want to see those weapons in action, I REALLY want to see jumpsuits being used and the culmination of what they actually learned from the capture of that brainbug (if anything).

I would like to see how Rico is perceived as their leader (giving that he was effectively a spoiled brat in the first who, I thought, was promoted through being in the right place at the right time sort of fashion in the field than through proving his worth (aside from the whole grenadiering the tanker bug which was more individual bravado than leadership)).

Sure it would require cameos from some of the major players of the first, but lets face it, none of them have really lit the screen since ST1 was released. Plus it may need a somewhat larger budget than what it actually got.

Bah, I can only wish :(

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Swift^ said:
Looks to be awful, such a shame considering Verhoeven's work on the first film was fantastic in creating a not-to-be-taken-seriously sci-fi gore fest.

I like how people suggest a film isn't supposed to be taken seriously as an excuse for it being shit.

Of course, if that's not what you were doing then let me extend my humblest of apologies for jumping the gun :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
nath said:
I like how people suggest a film isn't supposed to be taken seriously as an excuse for it being shit.

Of course, if that's not what you were doing then let me extend my humblest of apologies for jumping the gun :)
But it wasnt meant to be taken seriously. It wasn't shit, it did exactly and came of exactly as intended. It just seems that a lot of people cannot appreicate that.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Lots of films aren't meant to be taken seriously, lots of which I like. This one was türd :\

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The real tragedy of the first film is that lots of ladies got nekkid, and Denise Lewis didn't.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Tom said:
The real tragedy of the first film is that lots of ladies got nekkid, and Denise Lewis didn't.

Or even Denise Richards :rolleyes:

PR.

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:

ROFL

Can't you use your imagination

_39535986_denise298g.jpg

Khefru

One of Freddy's beloved
Tom said:
The real tragedy of the first film is that lots of ladies got nekkid, and Denise Lewis (correction - Richards) didn't.
Just go and watch 'Wild Things' if you really want to see that. :cheers:

And on the original topic, Starship Troopers was meant to be all tongue in cheek and worked brilliantly. As for a sequel, hmmm I doubt it will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom