No more Celt NS

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Generic Poster
WTF? How many times have you used GP with your cleric?
Every realm has heals and buffs, but that's one bastard of an RA. Puts druids into another league.

Your druid has BoF? Until GP works properly, BoF is comparable.

Originally posted by old.Emma
rofl at that doublefrost comment..

well guess what.. it just happens to be the only decent anytime style and SB can get.

but then.. slash infils dont spam Amythist Slash.. thrust infils dont spam Dragonfang do they.. guess they use tactics and there l33t CS styles to kill things.

They day i meet a thrust infil that doesnt spam Garrotte with DF as a backup.. i`ll eat my hat.

What the hell SHOULD he spam, thistle?

S

Saturnine

As I see it Albion is based around nasty people and backhand antics (3 stealth classes, 2 who can climb walls and the Guild of Shadows is the biggest guild with 5 classes in it).
Midgard is (aledgedly) the melee realm.

Hibernia is more about discussing flowers than stabbing your friend's in the back and is more "magical" than "melee based". So for stealthers, the nightshade is bottom of the pile and while still able to perform the job of an assasin, its perfictly reasonable for it to be the worst of the 3.

O

old.tuppe

well, dunno but look like some of here still dont know how laxe work.
its advanced weaponskill like pole.
dw in other realms, if specced make you swing offhand more often.
in this view you dont need spec to dw.
laxe is other thing, its like your main weapon, how much you wanna spec to line what make your max dmg?
like armsmen spec to 30 pole and 36 example "crush"
how dmg look after this?

my bers is specced 50 axe, 50 laxe and res parry.
axe lower variance and laxe rise my dmg cap/weaponskill, if remember its this way.
if you dont wanna gimp your laxe totally, need spec atleast 34, this is magical line i have heard somewhere.

comparing 20 dw, you need compare alott higher laxe, closer 40.
just remember these dont work similar ways.
main hand hit style hits and laxe do base hits, what is evaded/parried/blocked usually, as we all know when out of endurande :)

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Saturnine
As I see it Albion is based around nasty people and backhand antics (3 stealth classes, 2 who can climb walls and the Guild of Shadows is the biggest guild with 5 classes in it).
Midgard is (aledgedly) the melee realm.

Hibernia is more about discussing flowers than stabbing your friend's in the back and is more "magical" than "melee based". So for stealthers, the nightshade is bottom of the pile and while still able to perform the job of an assasin, its perfictly reasonable for it to be the worst of the 3.

Yes, except scouts (like all archers) are pretty piss-poor in group RvR, likewise infs (like all assassins really... one perf per fight and then you die :great: ) and, well, no-one takes a keep with wallclimbers. Midgard is not ALLEDGEDLY the melee realm, you have the best end regen, the second-best heavy tank (heros being first ofc), the two best light tanks - soon to be the best one light tank and an equal second other light tank - and, besides, you have the highest-DPS caster and arguably the best CC. (I say arguably; I would argue against it personally, but nm, different kettle of fish)
Hibernia has the best caster dmg-wise due a single unredressed balance issue. You have the best heavy tank and a perfectly viable light tank. You have some kickass hybrids, the warden and champion, and three healers.

I think what I might be trying to say here is "leave off with all the 'melee realm' vs 'magical realm' vs 'sneaky realm' stuff, please, it doesn't have any real foundation or relevance."

S

Saturnine

oh but it does

and I play albion, not hibernia.

U

uncle_sal

Re: Re: Re: Re: No more Celt NS

chanter runs up to you and you're trying to get past pbt, he starts dancing and singing "You can't touch this...!"

Another chanter runs up "You can't touch this...!"

Hero runs up behind you "Hammer Time!" and annihilates you.

:ROFLMAO:

O

old.tuppe

agree one thing, forget those melee, magic defense stuff, atleast when say middies are melees.
we have 2 class what can example spec shield, compare numbers to other realms.

defense wise if 1.62 go as it is, zerk is worst light tank, poorest defense, and equal dmg, only what rise dmg is vendo but same time sacrificing all defense for it.
only class ability when used nerf self.
zerk cannot spec shield, only thing is parry.

on my view there isnt any zerk rvr after 1.62.
no point go there, and only get farmed because after do 1k dmg are out of endurance.

all realms have same lvl endreg.
only difference is when i ask other group shammy give me endreg, i can forget endproblem huge 10 mins!.
well, how long is 10 min?

its so funny after this patch our only viable meleedmg classes are savage and warrior, savage is hitting rarely those "huge" hits, warrior dont get close other realms advanced weapon lines dmg.
vn forum is allready whining some mid class still do alott dmg?
savage, rm is overpowered? :D sm is overpowered :D
healer is overpowered :D bone :D (1v1 is nasty, agree)
nah, only skald? not sure if left in peace?
thane,
shammy if not dot!
hunter (sometimes even hunter is overpowered, dunno why?)

O

old.Tohtori

Re: Re: Re: Re: No more Celt NS

chanter runs up to you and you're trying to get past pbt, he starts dancing and singing "You can't touch this...!"

Another chanter runs up "You can't touch this...!"

Hero runs up behind you "Hammer Time!" and annihilates you.

You asked for this :p

pic-mchammer-2.gif

A

Aravis

The "Melee and Magic Realms" tag are perhaps one of the worst things that Mythic said. It gives all the fotm/must be uber kiddies an excuse to claim that their toon is gimped because they got beaten once.

Midgard is the Melee realm because it has more classes that use some form of melee than the others.
Hibernia is the Magic realm because it has more classes that use some form of magic than the others.

It does not mean;
Midgard should have classes that can melee one-shot everyone.
Hibernia should have classes that can one-shot everyone magically.

If it did you guarantee one thing, 99% of people would be running round playing Midgard Melee, Hibernian Mages and no-one playing Albion...

Users who are viewing this thread