Nice job GOA (no really)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Had a fantastic evening rvring, most fun I've had in DAOC in a very long time. You said you'd have the servers up by evening and you did, minor bugs remain but to be honest I couldn't care less. It runs great, it's a ridiculous amount of fun and I've struggled to pull myself away from the PC all night. :D

Congrats where it's due :clap:

FH peeps: flame/whine whatever you usually do below no doubt. God forbid you actually say something positive for once. :kissit:

Galie

One of Freddy's beloved
Minor bugs? Like the Shrouded Islands client being totally fucked as the UI is broken? Well I was gonna enjoy a day of RvR before I went off to Uni, but I guess not as I RvR in the SI client as the ToA clients is too slow and not stable enough to use in RvR.

I thought something as major as having no UI would have been noticed and fixed in the beta, but what do you expect from GoA they do after all have a horrible record when it comes to providing a decent product.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Never had a problem with the TOA client and personally couldn't care less about those using the older SI client. GOA in my opinion were correct to go ahead and release the game for those using the more recent client. Fact is you can always install the TOA client to play the game, you're not being stopped from doing so.

More pointless whine please?

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I must agree I really loved playing in NF, having all these new RA's and new zones to play with and you see people actually putting in some effort again which most people would not do anymore just before NF.
The keep battles are great (lost some won some) made a nice amount of money and I really like the gold you get for kills and basically I had such a fun time in the end I didnt even notice how many RPs I got all day was just all fun.

And about bugs I only had the white name bug which was a bit annoying but not making the game unplayable so not a big problem there.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
The lagspikes kinda ruined it :touch: but NF in itself is fun and what the game needed for revitalization.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
it was a big laggy tbh, but then again we have been having those ping spikes for a while now so..

patching was quick which is good and compared to what the americans got in 1.70, we should be happy imo

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
I'd like to say that I had a great time too, but I just couldn't get the 12.8 MB update installed. It went as far as 1 - 2 % then died :(

Glad to read that at least some of you had a brill time though :)

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
i had a horrible time in the first day... mostly due to both alb and mid bringing their biggest zergs to hib

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Yup, worked out very well. Apart from a few minor bugs the servers were working nicely.

Shame Opentransit again ruined it with the laggy connections causing people to go LD every 5-10 minutes.

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Only took them them 2x longer to translate (read : add bugs) then it took mythic to actually make the expansion. GOA have skills !

All credit due .. really :X

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
I also feel GoA did a nice job on finally patching us to New Frontiers.
Had some good fun, did not yet have a chance to do keep defense with my matter cabby, but enjoyed shooting loads of arrows at a keep defense when playing my scout.
Mid & Alb population is the same on Excalibur, and it seems that Mids figured they would be best of attacking Hibs rather than Albs at the start of NF.
And about the SI client, no idea, do not use one. I use the ToA client and custom skins. Worked fine last night, well worth a try. Lag was okish to be honest most of the night.
Regards, Glottis

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Galie said:
Minor bugs? Like the Shrouded Islands client being totally fucked as the UI is broken? Well I was gonna enjoy a day of RvR before I went off to Uni, but I guess not as I RvR in the SI client as the ToA clients is too slow and not stable enough to use in RvR.

I thought something as major as having no UI would have been noticed and fixed in the beta, but what do you expect from GoA they do after all have a horrible record when it comes to providing a decent product.
You just cant see past yourself can you?!?

The problem is now fixed, GOA announced they knew about, and here we are 14 hours (over night) with the fix. Get over yourself eh.

As for TOA being a problem, well no problem here at all, the LDs from Opentranshit are still there, but ToA its self is as good as ever. Buy a new PC and maybe youll see playing DAoC on a 16k ZX Spectrum has been your problem all along.

Well done again GOA, at least 99% of us were happy with the job done and had a great night of RvR.

Merlio

Fledgling Freddie
Had a great time last night, i only ld'd once at the very beginining of the night, had no problems apart from that, lots of good old fashioned keep siege fun. NF is the best thing to have happened to my wizy, used to stand at the ATK yelling wizy lfg for ages, but now i dont need a group lol, just buff up port to a keep and bolt folks :) made 25k rps in one night, and tbh i dont think thats bad. Also made 300g which is nice :)

Yay for NF :worthy:

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Was great fun :) only negative is that the lag is still way beyond a joke.

Frosen

Fledgling Freddie
Great fun, only a bit bodered about the white names but i can always turn of names so no biggy.

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
Fact is you can always install the TOA client to play the game, you're not being stopped from doing so.

Please can someone confirm the above. Can you use the ToA client to play an account that is not ToA enabled? If I try, I get a message similar to "You have not been invited to join this server type". Would be nice if it was possible though.

Any response much appreciated. Regards,
Sift.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Siftwind said:
Please can someone confirm the above. Can you use the ToA client to play an account that is not ToA enabled? If I try, I get a message similar to "You have not been invited to join this server type". Would be nice if it was possible though.

Any response much appreciated. Regards,
Sift.

Kami does not have his facts straight you cannot do this.. TOA client is not 'free' like the SI client. TOA must be installed to use it.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
Never had a problem with the TOA client and personally couldn't care less about those using the older SI client. GOA in my opinion were correct to go ahead and release the game for those using the more recent client. Fact is you can always install the TOA client to play the game, you're not being stopped from doing so.

More pointless whine please?

Not everyone owns TOA. Maybe you should get your facts straight before shooting your mouth off.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
Not everyone owns TOA. Maybe you should get your facts straight before shooting your mouth off.

Much hostility I sense in you. Obvious to me it is that laid recently you have been not </yoda> :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Danamyr said:
I'd like to say that I had a great time too, but I just couldn't get the 12.8 MB update installed. It went as far as 1 - 2 % then died :(

Glad to read that at least some of you had a brill time though :)

should have been able to get patched anyway - it does it file by file so that 12.8 mb bit will go down each time....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom