Nforce Drivers

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Ok my PC has died - which may have something to do with all teh problems I have been having recently......see all previous techie posts :)

Now I know not a lot at all about doing a full XP install (its a new blank sata drive -never used)... I have managed to get as far as XP is installed and now need to chuck the drivers on it etc...

First question - its a Gigabyte ga8-k8n mobo - now which Nforce Drivers do I actually need - mate told me to go get them downloaded - he is now changing nappies etc so cant phone him back for a bit...... want to impress him with me uber knowledge as well ;)

Went to Nforce site and there are loads of options Erm wtf...why cant there be just one??

Which one do I need - was going to guess and just go for the nforce 680i SLI (am running SLI as well btw) but then noticed a 680a....wtf - are these simply older versions of similar drivers or do I need the exact one - cant find anything on teh web to give me a clue - and its a big internet :(

Help..

Rep etc ofc for any advice (that doesnt make my machine catch fire!!)

Also anyone know will that sort out my audio and network drivers as well - or should I be downloading the actual mobo drivers first then nforce (have lost the disc that came with mobo / mate who built PC still has it mebbe)

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Ahhh as well - do I download the Gforce US English or International gfx driver set?

I am in the UK - thinking US English but .....just wanna make sure - with it being a new build I know I could screw this up quite easily...but want to learn :)

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Gigabyte's website says that motherboard doesn't exist. Anyway, look up your motherboard here:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/products/motherboard/Default.aspx

That will tell you what nForce chipset you have. Then download the correct nForce drivers from the nVidia website.

If you have an nVidia gfx card as well you'll need to get the nVidia gfx drivers too.

The nForce drivers are the motherboard drivers, unless your motherboard has extra bells and whistles.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Finally got my mate back on the phone - it was the nforce4 drivers i needed - us ones were sufficient, sorted out all the drivers now :) Though took me awhile to realise I needed seperate sound card drivers from gigabyte as well for the onboard sound..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom