NF AoM nerfed

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Having thought about it some more, I think I'd prefer to see MoM removed rather than a melee/archery damage RA added...

Limiting damage increases to stat bonuses and crit chances, while still giving people the option to reduce the damage taken, should make for longer and more interesting fights! ;)

Ulkez

Fledgling Freddie
All theese changes are zzzZz... you pve, pve, pve and some more pve
to get toa-stuff etc and then they decide to remake how rvr will work totally, to me this is a crappy idea.
Toa was enough^^

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
bodyguard - chaingrapplespam - nerfed aom - nerfed determ - no dualistic reflexes niec m8s:

so basicaly tanks in nf :

- cant hit target due to grapple/bg
- will hit target for lower dmg as a dual wielder (imo at least, -3-15% dualhit chance is a decent nerf...)
- can be CC-d all over and left in misery (KIKOOOOOOOOOO pre-ra determ days, was much fun for tanks!! rly... (purge 3 wont save you and with current cast times of mages... :eek:k)
- need to spend ra's to counter master of magery, w00t... great.
- more keep takes/boat fights (not everyone is in opted grps bla bla, so less fun for tanks again)
- frontiers enchancing ranged combat (buildings, towers, bridges, shores)

point is to play a tank? i mean if you are not a mazo or something i can barely see the point, xpect being bodyguarder/gRappler. And please dont come with the "ahahahaha tanks deserve this casters suxored too much" shit.

givf replies why to keep on playing a tank instead of a ranged nuker.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
charge lvl2 or lvl3 is the light tanks best counter to this, prolly gonna make mercs/bm/zerk the predominant tanks. but still bad, they need to make det a bit better.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
It seems the days of the light tank are now over, and we will not see any more melee assist trains (at least not until the next round of nerfs). For instance, I am sure most Hib BMs have already been reduced to BG whores babysitting a caster and unable to fulfill their real task of doing damage on the frontlines. To my mind, this is a sad development.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm I'm wondering if empty mind will affect cc spells, because AoM + empty mind is looking a better option than det :)

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
It seems the days of the light tank are now over, and we will not see any more melee assist trains (at least not until the next round of nerfs). For instance, I am sure most Hib BMs have already been reduced to BG whores babysitting a caster and unable to fulfill their real task of doing damage on the frontlines. To my mind, this is a sad development.

bm's are actually in their element atm, we have hero and warden bg'ing the 2 mages, bm gets to roam free (see Np vid)

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Hmm I'm wondering if empty mind will affect cc spells, because AoM + empty mind is looking a better option than det :)

well and now look at this again:

MYTHIC said:

- Realm abilities (such as Avoidance of Magic) no longer reduce the duration of crowd control spells (snare, stun, and mesmerize).

this means to me that AoM, Empty Mind and BAoD won't have any CC-shortening effect anymore (cant think of anything else atm)

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Alithiel said:
... while still giving people the option to reduce the damage taken, should make for longer and more interesting fights! ;)

You fail to realize that by limiting damage output, you also risk screwing over casters as they're alot more vulnerable to have their DPS output interrupted, than tanks are. You say that nerfing damage is good, I'd rather say that a careful balance between low and high damage output has to be maintained, as enjoyable and balanced encounters doesn't come from going too far to either side.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Fluid said:
bm's are actually in their element atm, we have hero and warden bg'ing the 2 mages, bm gets to roam free (see Np vid)

right, your bm's are grapplebots and we have seen it tons of times. guess why NP bm roams? he is banelord...

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Lethul said:
right, your bm's are grapplebots and we have seen it tons of times. guess why NP bm roams? he is banelord...

hahaha my bm (ojaas) doesn't know what grapple is and don't even have bodyguard ps, u ain't fought my grp for like ages m8y sorry

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Fluid said:

Your BM only seem to "roam" if both hero and warden are afk ie they need to grapple for both casters ;)

Seriously tho, det5 may be (ok, is) overpowered now, but I hardly see what good it does when theres already a non-resistable, chainable, not affected by det, 100% CC without any kind of counter (except fleeing from fights), for tanks only.

Offensive tanks are much more boring than they were, imo... and getting only worse.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
raid said:
Your BM only seem to "roam" if both hero and warden are afk ie they need to grapple for both casters ;)

Seriously tho, det5 may be (ok, is) overpowered now, but I hardly see what good it does when theres already a non-resistable, chainable, not affected by det, 100% CC without any kind of counter (except fleeing from fights), for tanks only.

Offensive tanks are much more boring than they were, imo... and getting only worse.

lol seriously, my bm = ojaas, i don't play with any other bm atm cos of scary stuff irl :E, and ojaas afaik don't even have grapple on qb 1 :p

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
More pathetic changes, theres really not much point anymore.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Fluid said:
lol seriously, my bm = ojaas, i don't play with any other bm atm cos of scary stuff irl :E, and ojaas afaik don't even have grapple on qb 1 :p

Ok sorry may be, havent played excal fgvsfg for a couple of weeks really so my experience isnt exactly up to date, the others used to be grapplebots atleast :(

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
raid said:
Ok sorry may be, havent played excal fgvsfg for a couple of weeks really so my experience isnt exactly up to date, the others used to be grapplebots atleast :(

other bm's maybe, but i don't look after every bm on excal :p

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
A lot of things got 'overnerfed' (imho), determination *might* be overnerfed too...

However AoM 'nerf' is a good one, its too easy to interrupt a caster... I definitly was afraid as caster to run into AoM5 tanks all the time... That (again) cant be stopped by CC spells... Nothing fully counter acts AoM (its more effective then MoM)...

Having AoM5 as a way to decrease CC would have mean that ALL casters would have been forced to go for MoM5... Which would limit a casters choice for RA's...

Some tanks might not go for Det. at all now and instead invest those points into 5-min purge...

Anyways, NF will change to many things to this game, its hard to predict what the outcome is... It'll be different in RvR, thats for sure, and perhaps it'll be fun...

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Dark Age of Castalot, recently my SB was 2-shotted for 1000+dmg a pop by a hippy, i had capped resists. Dead in 2secs, didnt even have time to see who was casting. Well im SC'ing my SM atm. Tanks will be boring to play in NF, imo, so no problem that casters become fotm.

Will be fun to see how much more Mythic can screw the games balance to pieces before NF gets to EU.

- Grapple
- Bodyguard
- Amorating melodies
- Foceful zephyr
- should i go on?

Mythic gonna realize that casters are overpowered in about 6months from now, then it's gonna take another 6months before the nerfs starts coming.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
From the recently released 1.70 AA patch:
- Mastery of Magery has been slightly reduced in effectiveness. Tier 3 and 4 will give an additional 5% bonus instead of 7% and Tier 5 will give an additional 5% bonus instead of 9%. The total bonus with Mastery of Magery V will now be 20% instead of 28%.
MoM nerfed to slightly more sane numbers, that can only be a good thing.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I hope you all know that AoM is calculated with a new formula since a few patches, meaning 28% != 28% in the end, but rather like 18%

Still, I think it was not really a needed change and not one that will have a large impact. Personally I won't go for any AoM, as there're better things to put the points in =)

Ulkez

Fledgling Freddie
In what way will 5min purge help a tank that gets stunned/rooted/mezzed all over the place ? add grapple to that xD
No way i'm gonna be playing any tank in NF...... tanks are alrdy cc'd more than others atm(almost^^) with grapple.
If i will be playing it will be a rm so i can camp walls and stuff :d i doubt i will be playing tho.
We are going back to DarkAgeOfMagealot it seems, where my hate towards casters started^^

QQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom